• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Justice

Most trusted disc in my bag since I know exactly where its going. Wind doesn't matter much, nor weather. I use it for approaches where I have to get around objects ASAP, skips a bit to the basket and its money. Heavy winds, I putt with it. It never rolls away for me. Hilly shots I break this out as well.

I have both Prime and BioFuzion. Even when they Prime disc is beaten in, its still a clutch disc since its different than any other mold I've tried.

If you have thrown all or most molds of the Justice, which one is the most OS, and which one can take a beating and keep being as OS?
Thanks

Moonshine is the most OS and though it may loose some fade doesn't ever really gain turn.

I have two Fuzions that are surprisingly stiff and nicely flat. The one has been thrown a buuuunch and smacked some trees at probably 50-60 mph, and is still a turn-resistant beefy animal. Probably my favorite forehand disc ever, or at least tied with Firebirds. Never thrown any other plastics to compare, though, so not sure how helpful any of that is.

I just picked up a sweet purple handeye justice and was wondering after a few throws if anyone has used this for overhand shots? Also whats the skip like on this crazy disc?

I just picked up a sweet purple handeye justice and was wondering after a few throws if anyone has used this for overhand shots? Also whats the skip like on this crazy disc?

I threw a thumber once with a Justice. It went probably 100' further and at least 100' left of where I was intending. Might be worth looking into some more, but the courses here aren't as conducive to thumbers as where I used to live.

Took a justice out today to fill my putter/mid OS slot and this thing is an absolute slab of beef. Don't know if I've thrown a more overstable disc. The disc goes almost vertical if you try to power it down but it was handling 15 mph winds like they were nothing. Still might need to add a different disc for shorter OS shots as this is a little hard to gauge without full power (for now). Very predictable powered up however

I have yet to try this Disc. Folks who bag a zone in their OS putter/mid slot. Would this create too much redundancy and overlap? Is it kinda like a gatorOS in that sense?

I have yet to try this Disc. Folks who bag a zone in their OS putter/mid slot. Would this create too much redundancy and overlap? Is it kinda like a gatorOS in that sense?

If you like a slightly less OS zone, say maybe an ESP or JB/X, a super OS mid like a Justice could take over for trick shots. Think short FH rollers, grenades, crazy flex lines out of trouble.

I have wrestled with this dynamic of short OS discs myself, waffling between choosing one mold for everything shorter than a Firebird (or the like), vs going with two molds - one for truly nasty OS trick shots, and a more mellow but still stable one for BH and the like.

Justice is another notch or two more OS, plus it's a bit faster. Zone is truly OS, while the Justice is ridiculously OS.

Like on a normal BH or FH shot the Zone will hold the angle and you know it has more stability to handle more wind. It will fade pretty early and sweep to the side while diving. The Justice will basically be fading out of your hand and knifing down. It's more likely to skip more too.

Another example where the differences are a bit more useful is on FH anny/flex shots. I think the Zone is amazing at those FH right to left shots in the woods that hold the line and kind of pan to flat, never cut rolling but never fading or wanting to go right. The Justice will be more likely to do a mini flex line.

It's like comparing a regular Firebird or a Sexton Firebird to a FAF Firebird. You could bag both and they're different for sure, but most people don't need to. Depends on your typical shot choices, how much wind you usually play in, and somewhat on your power level.

Thanks for the input gents. I might try one out in the future. Zones are great, but sometimes it's nice not having to juice one to just come short of that firebird range.

I have a cryZtal FLX ledgestone tracker that is probably the most OS Disc I have ever thrown. I wonder if it's similar. Fun to throw those trick shots, but also a disc you never hope you need to grab in a normal round.

Thanks for the input gents. I might try one out in the future. Zones are great, but sometimes it's nice not having to juice one to just come short of that firebird range.

I have a cryZtal FLX ledgestone tracker that is probably the most OS Disc I have ever thrown. I wonder if it's similar. Fun to throw those trick shots, but also a disc you never hope you need to grab in a normal round.

I've never thrown a Trackers so I can't help there.

I honestly don't know if I can throw a Justice farther than a Zone. I've never owned one, but whenever I've thrown them they find the ground shockingly fast. If you don't trust your FH on the Zone at full power and that's why you have too big of a Zone-Firebird gap then the Justice may be your answer. But for example I throw Zones 270'ish range BH/FH flat and I really don't think a Justice would go any farther for me. It'd more be for different stability characteristics than a different distance range.

I was bagging a Lucid Justice for awhile but I found that when I don't throw it enough I would make mistakes with it that cost me strokes. I had some miraculous shots with it as well but overall it was a net negative. Again, not because it's a bad disc but because it was hard to stay in practice with it when very few shots required it. I prefer a Harp / Trident combination for short, overstable work. Trident is more versatile so I get a lot more throws, and thus fewer bad throws, with it.

As usual, I'd agree with slowplastic. Except I'd say the difference between a Zone and Justice is bigger than the difference between a Thunderbird or mellow Firebird and a FAF Firebird. I can forehand a Justice 275'. There's one hole that is a hair downhill and a hair over 300' that I got inside the circle with a Justice the other day. If I try to throw that hard with the one Zone I own(a Glow Z Ledgestone version), it will flip all the way over.

If a Zone is something that works at full power, than you may not find much use for a Justice. But if you need to crank in something as hard as you want and not worry about turning it over on low lines or into the wind, or need the ability to get a good skip- with a slower disc, then the Justice has no equal that I've found.

I've never thrown a Trackers so I can't help there.

I honestly don't know if I can throw a Justice farther than a Zone. I've never owned one, but whenever I've thrown them they find the ground shockingly fast. If you don't trust your FH on the Zone at full power and that's why you have too big of a Zone-Firebird gap then the Justice may be your answer. But for example I throw Zones 270'ish range BH/FH flat and I really don't think a Justice would go any farther for me. It'd more be for different stability characteristics than a different distance range.

Good info. I messed around with an MVP resistor for awhile to bridge the zone-firebird gap. It works really well, but I didn't need it that often so I took it out of the bag. I can get my zones out to 200'-250' reliably. But once I start juicing towards the 275'+ worth of power sometimes they stay too straight. I think once I face a hole that's slightly past my zone duties I just Disc up to my hellfire. Makes me wonder if I could throw the justice further than a zone.

Maybe in the off season coming up I'll do a little test.

I can get my zones out to 200'-250' reliably. But once I start juicing towards the 275'+ worth of power sometimes they stay too straight.

Yeah if they stay too straight then the Justice will definitely add a shot/line for you. You may throw it a little farther, I really don't know, but being too straight is not a problem.

I think the Justice is a good disc, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Not like the Felon that's "supposed" to be OS...I like the Felon but it's definitely not a beefcake mold. The Justice doesn't mess around.

Latest posts