• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

What a downer, sounds like this guy needs a little dynamic intellect thrown his way. Showed the owner of our local pro shop my escapes couple months back. He's got a pile of dyemax now.

The reality is that Dynamic's line has been full of hits, with nary a miss. And their releases fit in perfectly within the larger Swedish-made family, which makes it all the more impressive.

IMO, the Suspect is the disc of the year in terms of new molds. Others would certainly nominate the Trespass, Escape, Judge, Truth, and Verdict for a similar honor.

What a downer, sounds like this guy needs a little dynamic intellect thrown his way. Showed the owner of our local pro shop my escapes couple months back. He's got a pile of dyemax now.

Yeah, when he said they weren't selling, I said, "They're really good discs." He was like, "They're OK." At that point, I kinda figured he wasn't going to be convinced, or probably hadn't even given them a shot, and I had my daughter with me so I couldn't get into the depth of it. But yeah, maybe next time I will try and argue it a bit more. This is Innova country, though, and a bunch of Prodigy is the hot ticket at that course, too. All the guys that play there think they are pros.

The reality is that Dynamic's line has been full of hits, with nary a miss. And their releases fit in perfectly within the larger Swedish-made family, which makes it all the more impressive.

IMO, the Suspect is the disc of the year in terms of new molds. Others would certainly nominate the Trespass, Escape, Judge, Truth, and Verdict for a similar honor.

Yep, everything I have tried of theirs is solid. I bag the Truth and Escape, and a guy I play with bags the Judge. I think the issue around here might be saturation more than anything. But it bums me out that they would be so quick to write them off. I think in a year there will be a difference.

I will say that DD discs will likely soon be thrown more at my local course than Lat 64 discs. There are a bunch of guys buying DD just because the branding is better, more visible... and deceivingly 'American'. lol ... hey it works.

It's funny cause you left the Fugitive out. :D I only like them in the base plastic but I know they make great first timer mids in the others so I keep a few in the truck. My vote is down to the Truth or Judge but I like them all.

So, if I asked a local sporting goods store to look into carrying lat/west/dd, am I just wasting my breath? They carry no discs at all, but have an all around decent selection of hunting/fishing/team sport/clothing etc.

So, if I asked a local sporting goods store to look into carrying lat/west/dd, am I just wasting my breath? They carry no discs at all, but have an all around decent selection of hunting/fishing/team sport/clothing etc.

If you talked to a chain store I'd say you completely wasted your breath. If it's independent and you can show them they will sell I wouldn't see why not. With the right research you could probably show them how a good assortment of 50 discs would sell and the kind of profit they could expect to make. If your area has enough disc golfers with cash and they put them in a high traffic area shouldn't be hard to move 50 discs.

If you talked to a chain store I'd say you completely wasted your breath. If it's independent and you can show them they will sell I wouldn't see why not. With the right research you could probably show them how a good assortment of 50 discs would sell and the kind of profit they could expect to make. If your area has enough disc golfers with cash and they put them in a high traffic area shouldn't be hard to move 50 discs.

Locally owned. http://www.securitysportinggoods.com/about-us/

This area went from no courses in 2010, to 3 by 2012. The 1 18 hole course we have just got the go ahead to expand to 36 holes. We are growing.

Locally owned. http://www.securitysportinggoods.com/about-us/

This area went from no courses in 2010, to 3 by 2012. The 1 18 hole course we have just got the go ahead to expand to 36 holes. We are growing.

How close to the courses are the shop? If they get everything in place and have room on the marquee that they are now selling disc golf discs they might sell out over a weekend. Especially if there is a tourney that weekend and the TD is on board with what you're trying to do. Get them to offer a voucher for the price of a disc at that store for the player pack. Discs get sold without the store owner having to do anything but sell the vouchers to the TD. The store could be the main sponsor for the tourney.

I find people who own their own businesses are generally open to do new things when you can show them it brings traffic and a new bunch of customers to the door. Show them that disc golfers don't just buy discs they buy towels, bags, drifits, tape, water bottles, sunscreen, insect repellent, and maybe another twenty small outdoor items that they likely carry already.

You're welcome. You caught me in a moment of lucid thought. See what I did there. I used a name of DD plastic to convey something on point. I amaze me.

Not anytime soon from what I have heard.

Of the DD molds, I carry all of them except the trespass and suspect.

I got two Fuzion Trespasses I the mail today. One first-run in a pearly blue-purple, the other a shield stamp production run in a bright red.

Both look and fly exactly the same, which is a nice. I can see the faster Destroyer reference in the flight, but only if it's a Destroyer with the flashing removed. The ones I received have almost no flashing and do fly similar to a TP Sword, but more H&LSS. The glide is superb for a flat topped disc.

They seemed to handle my forehand well. Although my FH technique has improved a lot. Almost to the point where it's pretty much the same as my backhand, but 50' shorter.

The Trespass is bagged for sure, along with my replacement Sword which came at the same time. Sword's are wicked fun to throw.

Dynamic two disc challenge coming here next week. I can bag what I already have:
Trespass fusion
Renegades X 3
Escape bio
Truth bio
Fugitive classic
Suspect lucid
Soft Judge

What would be logical additions? Thinking Warden for sure. Not sure if Verdict will be available. Maybe Fugitive in another plastic?

It's unlikely that the verdict will be available as one of the two discs that you get because it isnt entirely a production disc yet, although they do make exceptions on stuff like that some times. The warden will be available as the putter option for sure though.