• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger Backpack Review

I saw this bag at a tourney this weekend ans was pretty impressed. I'm thinking about picking it up, is the DD website the best place to get it at $175?

Also, what is everyone's opinion on this bag in the rain? I dont see a rain fly solution other than zipping up the main compartment, and even then your putters will be exposed.

$175 is about what you are going to pay unless you buy used. I went thru DD because they had a couple smaller things and gave me free shipping. Took 4 or 5 days for me to get it in VA. Compared to the other backpacks on the market I think it's a good value. The Grip/ Spinal Tap are more bag than I need and are more than I wanted to spend. Great bags, just not for me right now.

Rainfly wasn't a selling point for me because I'm not planning on playing in the rain. I've played after rains and early mornings with wet ground with 0 issues. Once the bag dries a little just dust off whatever has collected.

I've had mine now since Am Worlds and really like it. I think most people will enjoy all the space and the way it rides on your back. Highly recommended!!!

I've had mine now since Am Worlds and really like it. I think most people will enjoy all the space and the way it rides on your back. Highly recommended!!!

Agreed. While the new Grip bags are solid, there's no way they're $100-plus better than the Ranger. My only gripe with the Ranger is how flimsy the plastic dividers are. Long term, I'm curious how well this bag will hold up since it's just material separating the top section from the rest of the bag.

Agreed. While the new Grip bags are solid, there's no way they're $100-plus better than the Ranger. My only gripe with the Ranger is how flimsy the plastic dividers are. Long term, I'm curious how well this bag will hold up since it's just material separating the top section from the rest of the bag.

Just picked up one of these to try. I currently use a Grip (L series) that I love. But if this bag is a tad lighter (which it appears it is) and feels as good on the back as the Grip, then I will make the permanent switch. Either way I'll compare the two after I put some rounds in the Ranger.

Not usually a drinker on the course but this past weekend was my bachelor party and we had the course to ourselves.

I had a six pack it top. It did not even phase the bag what so ever. Even the two beers on the side and 20 discs it carried really well. This may not be the best bag for everyone but for the casual golfer it's more than good enough, I am lokikg this bag the more I use it.

I've been using this bag for about a month now and noticed a weird issue that may be related to the bag. I carry two non-premium discs: an x comet and a test material vision for rollers.

Ive noticed the bag squeezes kind of tightly around the discs on the outer edges of the disc compartment. Yesterday, I discovered that when I left these two discs in the bag near the edges, both rims were warped. The actual rim of the disc was bent down in a way that looked as if the tightness of the bag, combined with Charlotte heat and humidity, caused the disc to warp.

Anyone else have this issue or do you think the disc warped some other way?

I've been using this bag for about a month now and noticed a weird issue that may be related to the bag. I carry two non-premium discs: an x comet and a test material vision for rollers.

Ive noticed the bag squeezes kind of tightly around the discs on the outer edges of the disc compartment. Yesterday, I discovered that when I left these two discs in the bag near the edges, both rims were warped. The actual rim of the disc was bent down in a way that looked as if the tightness of the bag, combined with Charlotte heat and humidity, caused the disc to warp.

Anyone else have this issue or do you think the disc warped some other way?

Never heard of this problem. It sounds like you may have too many discs crammed in there. Take one disc out and see if it still happens. I usually go 10 mids/putters and nine drivers in the main compartment.

I took the divider out and took a few backups out and moved the larger diameter discs more towards the center. Seems like a much better fit now. It was definitely a little tight before.

I took the divider out and took a few backups out and moved the larger diameter discs more towards the center. Seems like a much better fit now. It was definitely a little tight before.

I have 14 discs in the main compartment (+1 towel) and I have them all sitting on a slight slant with no dividers. This allows them to fit looser and makes them easier to get in/out. If I had them facing straight out it would be way to tight of a fit.

I have 18 in my main compartment with six mids and it doesn't seem tight. Mine isn't a first run though I think those were a 1/2 inch more shallow.

Unused Ranger for sale...

PM me if you'd like to give one a try. I still have my Am Worlds 2nd Run version with tags and never used it. Thought I might try it out, but decided that would hurt the value.

Well, I've got a red one coming to me now! Got it from an individual though, sorry ride. But if for some reason I don't like it, I'll let you know!

Latest posts