• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger review

Looked at a Ranger in the store last weekend. Two things struck out at me: Maybe the straps needed to be adjusted but it seemed tough to put on and off, like the straps were too close together on the bag. I'm 6'2" but I don't think I'm particularly brawny or wide in the shoulders. Also, the drink holder looked like it would be really tight and the material didn't inspire confidence in forcing a bottle in there.

Next time you come towards Raleigh, you're welcome to try mine out for a round. When you gonna be out this way next anyhow?

Looked at a Ranger in the store last weekend. Two things struck out at me: Maybe the straps needed to be adjusted but it seemed tough to put on and off, like the straps were too close together on the bag. I'm 6'2" but I don't think I'm particularly brawny or wide in the shoulders. Also, the drink holder looked like it would be really tight and the material didn't inspire confidence in forcing a bottle in there.

I'm 6' 1" with average shoulders and felt exactly the same way trying on the Ranger. It just wasn't easy on/easy off like the Grip.

Don't know where you guys are getting this... I'm 6'2, 220lbs and the bag fits me fine.

Next time you come towards Raleigh, you're welcome to try mine out for a round. When you gonna be out this way next anyhow?

I don't know man, hopefully sometime soon. We all need to get together some weekend again, that was fun. :hfive:

Holy hideous, Batman!

New Rangers in May. Top and bottom are OK. Middle ones? :gross:

Bi9wJKaCQAECDsp.jpg

I'd rock either one. But I like color. The middle ones should have had a different color zipper/trim though in my opinion. white maybe for the blue, and black, yellow, or green for the other.

I like that middle blue one more than the quasar blue. I got a fracture blue though and it's still my favorite. I don't use it much I still carry the grip most often. I'll probably use the ranger and a soldier bag this summer when it's really hot. I don't care for the graffiti style one but it's gotten a lot of interest already. The yellow was asked for a lot too.

That white graffiti'ed looking one would look totally rad with some jams shorts. :|

I am wondering if anyone has tried to fit a small cooler in the top storage area yet? I am thinking the smaller rectangle ones that hold like 6 beers with some ice. If someone has one and could check for me that would be great. Also how is the wear for someone that has been using it for a solid year now? I've had Ogio backpack cooler bags before (cheap ones, like $40) and they seem to rip at seems within a single season.

Overall, I am probably going to go with the grip here soon. Tired of my Carolina and want to try out a backpack style. The cooler in the top would be the one thing that might get me to buy the ranger. Even though I was mainly looking for a new tournament bag, I drink beer a lot during casual rounds and to have my full disc selection and cold beer might make a winner.

I emailed DD about the modifications they made and dipping the bag, I asked if it would void the warranty but he didn't respond to that portion of the question. This is what the guy said:

"The bottom was the main upgrade on the three new colors. We did experience some issues with the bottom fabric, but we feel those have been resolved with the latest upgrades.

I wouldn't recommend dipping the bottom in liquid/spray on rubber.
Your bag is covered under the warranty if the bottom fails.
Please let us know if you have any other questions."

I went through this thread for the first time in a while because I was just checking out the bottom of my Ranger bag that I got back in October of last year as a birthday gift from my gf and noticed some wear through of the bottom of the bag and wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience.

After reading the thread, this seems like the only durability issue people have experienced. Has anyone put in a warranty claim for this as of yet? I've actually got no true complaints about the bag, and love it. I'm just wondering at what point of this issue would be appropriate to put a claim in. So far it's not affecting the functionality at all, but the way it's looking after only 7 months makes me feel like the bottom doesn't have much time left - I'm wondering if it needs to be completely un-useable before a warranty claim is put in.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Looks like normal wear and tear. I would be surprised if they warranty that stuff. I hope they do for you though.

A small hole developing after only 7 months of use? I'd expect more from a company's most expensive bag.

Looks like normal wear and tear. I would be surprised if they warranty that stuff. I hope they do for you though.

yeah, saw that normal wear and tear was not covered by the warranty, but I was thinking that given the time period of ownership that might categorize as being abnormal. we'll see, I contacted them to see what they think.

I thought I'd update on my situation for anyone else who might experience the same thing, as me. I did get a response from DD today, and they let me know that it would be covered by warranty.

WHEW.

I thought I'd update on my situation for anyone else who might experience the same thing, as me. I did get a response from DD today, and they let me know that it would be covered by warranty.

WHEW.

Is that an older run DD Ranger? I've ran into no problems with mine, had it for 5 mos. now. I'm glad they're covering it for you.

I'm assuming it is, I haven't seen them making the all black bag in a while - which i'm actually kind of bummed about, not really into the super loud colors that are coming out lately.

I'm assuming it is, I haven't seen them making the all black bag in a while - which i'm actually kind of bummed about, not really into the super loud colors that are coming out lately.

Me either I got the dark gray with light blue. I know that the early run bags had a lot more durability issues that they toned out with later models. I don't like all the loud colors either

Latest posts