• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Ranger review

Well. I got impatient.

Strilux Yellow, order placed. Goodbye, money.

I'm excited :D

Even though you bought it already.. I was curious to see how many discs I could fit in the top storage, and have what I normally carry up there. Here's what's in my bag, for any one in the future wondering. Keep in mind, the discs I put up in the top storage area I don't usually carry, it's just for demonstration:

Main disc area I have:
5 Rocs. 10 drivers. 3 Wizards.
Side putter pocket:
1 Wizard. 1 Judge.
Top storage compartment:
1 Teebird. 1 Roc. 1 Mace. 1 Warship. Retriever w/ stick tied to end of rope. Birdie bag. 1 baseball. 1 big bag of Spitz sunflower seeds. 5 minis. Few small pencils.

The other day I was able to fold up a Nike hoodie and put it in the top compartment and it closed easily. The other stuff I normally carry in the top compartment still fit in there with the hoodie. Also for demonstration purposes I just took out the 3 Wizards I have in my main compartment and replaced them with 3 drivers and 1 mid-range and those fit with out a problem. So the ranger can fit 18-20 discs in the main compartment comfortably.

Last edited:
So it sounds like it'll be a good fit with the 17 I'd have in there, even with 10 of them being putters, mids, or mid sized. Maybe there'd even be room for another driver. Especially if I put two putters in the putter pocket :p I could always stick a driver in the putter pocket instead of two putters, like that other guy was doing.

I still don't even have all the discs I listed. Gotta get more Avengers.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Got it~

rangeravernger_zps49e9b8a1.jpg

It's really nice. It seems a little tight front to back, but that may just be to keep the discs in. Also, I don't think I can fit four Avengers in the main, I might have to put two discs in the putter pocket. Which I'm supposed to do :p I only have two Avengers as of this delivery, so it doesn't matter anyway :p

Still super excited.

I bought a Ranger bag yesterday. It was a little impulsive but I was playing Jones East with a couple friends yesterday and the Grip bag was just so heavy and started to annoy me. I love my L Frame Grip bag but it's just so much heavier loaded up than the Ranger. I went to DD and took a look at the Lat64 pro bag. For the price plus quads I was almost to the cost of a ranger and I'm getting a soldier bag in april so it wouldn't be needed. So I just went with a fracture blue ranger and will use that until then at least. Haven't decided if I'm keeping the Grip or not. Right now I am.

2z7rlh5.png

So now having both I can say I really like the Ranger compared to the Grip. I won't say one is better than the other because they both had pros and cons. The Ranger really doesn't have more storage until you load up that top and that top storage is really nice. The lack of a second water pouch isn't the best but I can put a second water bottle in the top storage along with my towels and retriever no problem. I like the extra rigid frame and durability of the grip but that adds the weight I was disliking. With the warranty I won't regret damaging my ranger if it happens naturally. I know DD will take care of it. I like the sternum strap on the grip but it's not practical for using during rounds. I actually like the feel of the grip straps a little better but the ranger holds tighter and higher on the back so it's more comfortable for me in that way. I like the umbrella/stool holder on the ranger. I prefer the putter pocket on the grip slightly but not by much. Happy with my purchase though.

I just got my blue fracture ranger in the mail about a half an hour ago (I won't post a pic because it is the same as above). I loaded it up and tried it on, I can't wait to get out and play a few rounds. Here are a few thoughts:

Things I like:

Storage is incredible, top pocket is super nice and I know I will use it often. (sweatshirt, beverages, retriever etc).

The velcro cover flap is pretty sweet, unzip and stick it to the back and it's out of the way. Some people complain that there is no rain flap on the ranger, this flap will work fine for me for rainy conditions.

Bottom looks more durable than previous runs.

I like the center divider in the middle for the discs, I have seen some guys carry a tissue box in the back because they don't want to carry a full bag of discs, this divider will work perfect when I want to play quick and light rounds with limited discs. It can be removed/or moved from side to side with velcro, that is a nice touch.

Putter pocket is dope, will be so nice when I park my upshot and don't have to take my bag off to toss the putter in.

The back is super comfortable, and I like the bright blue accents, seems like it is going to be great for ventilation also.

Things I don't like:

Putter pocket is a bit small for two putters, I mean it would be okay if I used two putters EVERY time as a ritual like some do, but I don't. So i will keep one in the outer pocket. No biggie really.

The mini pocket is too big, I wish i had some stretchy lining at the top so you "could" fit bigger things in it if you wanted, but not have to worry that your mini might fall out.

I wish the smaller pockets had two zippers like the large top compartment, this would come in handy.

Straps aren't as comfy as my old DGA gel straps. I can tell that over time, or in the summer it might get a bit annoying if they are rubbing a lot.

Overall:

I love it, especially because I got it for super super cheap from a friend for a bday hookup. I wanted a grip, but for the price, I couldn't turn it down. I will agree some that there is no way you could say one bag is better than the other when it comes to grip and ranger. But I think the good things outweigh the small amount of bad things in the ranger and the storage/price are the main things that pushed me in dd's direction.

This will be my bag for a long time, I can tell. Looks very durable and has a great warranty, I have already emailed the crap outta dynamic discs and made sure that they would cover all of the things I was concerned about. So I feel confident that they will honor their warranty. I'm stoked and ready to rock the new bag.

Last edited:
+1 for the fracture blue ranger. Went inside for some plastic, walked out with a bag. Cant wait to fill it up and take it to the course.

Got it~

rangeravernger_zps49e9b8a1.jpg

It's really nice. It seems a little tight front to back, but that may just be to keep the discs in. Also, I don't think I can fit four Avengers in the main, I might have to put two discs in the putter pocket. Which I'm supposed to do :p I only have two Avengers as of this delivery, so it doesn't matter anyway :p

Still super excited.

Nice Michigan Tech colors. The backyard looks familiar, too.:D

Putter pocket is a bit small for two putters, I mean it would be okay if I used two putters EVERY time as a ritual like some do, but I don't. So i will keep one in the outer pocket. No biggie really.

I keep my main putter in the BACK of the two putter stack, and it comes out like butter. Also, that pocket will stretch with time if you keep two in there

I keep my main putter in the BACK of the two putter stack, and it comes out like butter. Also, that pocket will stretch with time if you keep two in there

I'll keep that in mind, thanks bud. You are right, it probably will stretch out a bit. Either way, this bag is awesome. I love it.

Quick Ranger question... I'm loving the bag, but the one complaint I have is that the putter pocket just barely holds two putters. Which makes it darn near impossible to remove them. Will the putter pocket stretch over time?

Quick Ranger question... I'm loving the bag, but the one complaint I have is that the putter pocket just barely holds two putters. Which makes it darn near impossible to remove them. Will the putter pocket stretch over time?

Look up two posts from yours. They stretch. Just keep two putters in there for a while.

Steeze..any idea if DD is planning on releasing a rainfly for these? Thought about making a DIY one out of a poncho but I think if they made a rainfly for the bag it wouldn't be a struggle to sell them.

Steeze..any idea if DD is planning on releasing a rainfly for these? Thought about making a DIY one out of a poncho but I think if they made a rainfly for the bag it wouldn't be a struggle to sell them.

I'm just curious as to why the flap wouldn't work?

Do you just not want the bag itself to get wet, or the discs?

Yea i would like something to keep the bag dry as possible...the flap would certainly work for discs (except the side putter pocket). my worry is if water got into another pocket where a phone or something else that can be damaged by water.

Yea i would like something to keep the bag dry as possible...the flap would certainly work for discs (except the side putter pocket). my worry is if water got into another pocket where a phone or something else that can be damaged by water.

I guess that might be a concern if it was coming down like crazy.

I have just used a small trash bag before, one of the white ones. I used to carry it for my diy bag, it slips right over no problem and I would just carry it by the handle while gripping the bag with the handle.

I don't believe so but I haven't asked specifically. You could go the route of the Grip bag and add snaps but that would take a lot of work to redesign and change I think. A better solution for either DD/Ogio or people to do as aftermarket mods is a drawstring pull over rain fly that you can cinch up and get a tight fit. It would be hard to do during a round though and still access your discs but even the rainfly on the grip isn't that easy to use. I didn't use my rainfly once in the year and three months I used my grip. If it was raining and I was playing it was a slower drizzle and I just protected my cell phone and kept going with the bag as is no problem. If it was pouring down I wasn't going to stay outside and risk a lightning strike to my head. So while the rainfly is another pro and selling feature of the grip bag I feel like it's about like the sternum strap. Nice to have but not really necessary in the long run.

I agree, I hate playing in the rain but if im in a tourney and its rain or shine (no lightning of course) I think ill want something extra so ill try to figure something out.

yeah the situation could arise. Post if you find something that will work. I think a nylon shell that's big enough to go over the bag that has a drawstring or two might work perfectly.

Latest posts