• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Suspect

Yes, that's about right. I prefer the Suspect due to its more mid-like feel and grip. I also think the Suspect has more glide and distance potential. But the biggest reason I am going to stick with the Suspect is that it doesn't seem to get the huge rolls I sometimes get with the Jokeri. Butmit was a close call. Prodiscus makes some sick premium plastic.

dunno if this was the best place to mention it or not, but it seems like a lot of people are saying the fuzion/bio molds are more stable than their lucid counterparts. my experience with most all latitude and westside molds i've thrown is that the opto variants are more stable than the gold line ones. just odd that it doesn't seem to be the case with the dynamic molds. unless it's just been the case with all molds latitude produces lately, freak occurrence or something.

As far as my lucid and bio fusion they are a bit more overstable but i like that consistent too

I've thrown a Jokeri and Suspect, I found the Jokeri to be slightly more (over)stable, with a harder fade. Pretty damn similar tho, main difference is that Suspect has a bead.

I would say from least to most HSS/Fade it would be Suspect-Jokeri-Zone if we are talking about premium plastic (Lucid, Premium, Z).

The person asking if there are issues with using Suspect as a putter...I think it makes a great putter. Issue would be when you are 30+ out you have to gauge the fade. Personally I usually don't like putting Champion-style plastic because I get a lot of chain-outs, but this one seems more usable than any other Champ Putter I've tried. I suspect (pun alert) that the Fusion plastic would be better than Lucid tho.

Yep - but being flat topped and small diameter it won't be gliding out of it (or into it) very much. A Zone is OS - a Buzzz is neutral ... this is much closer to a Buzzz. It's not a Gator or a Zone - despite the bead and flat top. It's also not significantly "more overstable" than a Roc3.

So it will hold an anny line?

Last edited:
Yep - but being flat topped and small diameter it won't be gliding out of it (or into it) very much. A Zone is OS - a Buzzz is neutral ... this is much closer to a Buzzz. It's not a Gator or a Zone - despite the bead and flat top. It's also not significantly "more overstable" than a Roc3.

We're all entitled to our opinions but I'm going to disagree with yours almost completely. It is flat topped and small diameter but the glide is impressive. Even more so in Fuzion plastic. A Buzzz is not neutral. A comet is neutral. Unless you are referring to the lesser used ProD Buzzz. Which is neutral.

I guess I agree with you on the Roc3 but the big difference for me and why I am selling off Roc3s and hoarding suspects.....the Roc3 isn't high speed overstable. The Suspect will hold that straight line even in a headwind. That's not been the case for the Roc3 with me and others I play with. I guess we all throw different but using a clean form and throw I've found this to hold true.

I played another round with my Suspect today and am digging it still. I threw it on a short 285 hole that required a straight shot through many trees and it went perfectly straight (no fade) and landed 5 feet from the basket. Best two I got all day. Awesome disc.

I was also throwing it for many shorter approaches and it held any line I put it on except anhyzer because I have my Pure for short anny shots.

Overall, it is still in the bag and will be for a while. I really like it a lot. Mine is a dayglo Yellow 175g.

suspect= pro d zone? im all in if so, i love the d zone, but i play too many wooded and rocky courses

In some ways yes some ways no. Both are small diameter. Suspect is beaded. Suspect is longer. Premium plastic over pro d. A 170g or less lucid suspect won't be as OS as a max weight Fuzion dyemax or even max weight concavish lucid first run. It's not a zone but I don't find many people who like zones who don't also enjoy the suspect. When the fuzion goes into production or a first run you wait and see how fast the word spreads. :D Same on the fuzion escape. That plastic is butta.

In some ways yes some ways no. Both are small diameter. Suspect is beaded. Suspect is longer. Premium plastic over pro d. A 170g or less lucid suspect won't be as OS as a max weight Fuzion dyemax or even max weight concavish lucid first run. It's not a zone but I don't find many people who like zones who don't also enjoy the suspect. When the fuzion goes into production or a first run you wait and see how fast the word spreads. :D Same on the fuzion escape. That plastic is butta.

thanks, i almost just left you a visitor message to ask but got who i wanted anyway.
yea i knew about the bead ect most people saying a little faster, less lss than a zone, more of a true mid. i did read a bunch of the thread.
that being said while i love my max esp zone i really class it as a putter where as i call my D a mid. it flies faster, farther and about .5 or so the fade of the esp.
my glow zone is certainly closer to the D speed and distance ect,but i just dont know if i want to start throwing LE and $25 discs, if i can help it.
so essentially im looking for the pro d stiffness and flight in a premium plastic. sounds like fuzion might be the shizzle, i know i liked the stiffness when i was fondling the trespasses and ive been loving the escape and trespass so im sure this will be a success too.
prob said it already but any idea on the release of fuzion suspect?

prob said it already but any idea on the release of fuzion suspect?

I don't know anything firm but I think it's going to be fairly soon. Not several months at least. I just don't know which ones are being ran at which times. Lat announced their new driver and they have to run the Westside stuff. Trespass is done and I thought the Escape or Fugitive would be next but it's possible it will be the Suspect. You can always take the plunge and go dyemax, I never seem to wait. I know the blanks they have for dyemax now are the concave ones there is probably no certainty that the first runs will come out the same.

Mine flies like my Roc3...just feels more comfortable in the hand. Its basically a Zone AND a Buzzz. For me, it has the glide and arrow-straight flight of a Buzzz, but has the distance, feel, and hook (only at the very end) of a Zone. Perfect for the straight holes with a tucked-left basket that you dont want to throw a Buzzz hyzer or force-anny a Zone....but at the same time, dont want to overthrow it with a Roc3. Pppeerrffeccctttt!

Got one on a whim a tournament this weekend. I had been underwhelmed by the reports of it not being as overstable as a zone. After throwing it a few times, it kicked the challenger out of my bag that I used for somewhat overstable upshots. What I love most about a zone is that I can throw it hard and it behaves like a mid, but I can power it down and it behaves like a putter on approaches. The Suspect works the exact same way but has less fade. I played the whole tournament weekend with both the Zone and Suspect in the bag and was glad I did.