• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Suspect

There are a lot of players out there using Pures and Zones as their approach discs.

The Suspect fits PERFECTLY between them in terms of stability.

I use them all for the same range < 250'.

Pure (slightly understable to straight)
Suspect (stable with fade)
Zone (overstable with heavy fade)

There are a lot of players out there using Pures and Zones as their approach discs.

The Suspect fits PERFECTLY between them in terms of stability.

I use them all for the same range < 250'.

Pure (slightly understable to straight)
Suspect (stable with fade)
Zone (overstable with heavy fade)

I hope this is case for me...

At least this is why I got one on the way. It will be my first DD, but not my first Lat 64.

I've read multiple times that the Suspect fits a gap between a putter and a midrange, so I have a real question.

What possible issues do you see with using the Suspect as a putter?

There's one or two threads on here about using midranges as putters and mashnut said in the Does anyone ever putt with a midrange? thread that the best players use traditional putters because they decrease the length of blowbys and reduce the chance for skips or rolls. I've been using the Suspect as a putter for the last two weeks or so and have grown really comfortable with it. I want to know if there are legit reasons why I should continue my quest for the perfect putter.

I've read multiple times that the Suspect fits a gap between a putter and a midrange, so I have a real question.

What possible issues do you see with using the Suspect as a putter?

There's one or two threads on here about using midranges as putters and mashnut said in the Does anyone ever putt with a midrange? thread that the best players use traditional putters because they decrease the length of blowbys and reduce the chance for skips or rolls. I've been using the Suspect as a putter for the last two weeks or so and have grown really comfortable with it. I want to know if there are legit reasons why I should continue my quest for the perfect putter.

This is good question! Other than the obvious, how a disc feels in your hand, I would like to hear more peoples thoughts on this.

This is good question! Other than the obvious, how a disc feels in your hand, I would like to hear more peoples thoughts on this.

I'd say putt with whatever gives you lowest scores. If that's a Suspect so be it. Personally I can't putt with them well and never could with zones either. I putted more with my dx shark then anything back in the day though. Throw what works for you. Just don't let it be a driver. People who putt with drivers should be sterilized. :thmbup:

So now the consensus is that this disc is not overstable???

Latitude puts Overstable control driver on the Saint. If that's overstable then this is Overstable. It's the kind of overstable that goes straight and fades at the end though, in my opinion. I still wouldn't call it a Buzzz though. Wasp is a lot closer.

So now the consensus is that this disc is not overstable???

Agreed with several others that:

Zone: Overstable HSS: 0 LSS: 1.5 to 2
Suspect: Stable HSS: (0 or -.25) with LSS: (1 to 1.25)
Pure: Slightly understable HSS: -1 LSS 1 to 1.25

It also depends on the kind of plastic you go with. I have tried a Cryztal Zone which was awful and way to Overstable, and ESP's which have been better. For my Pure, I have tried Zero, Opto, GL, and RGL, and my favorite is the Recycled stuff. Little more stable and can be bent on a good anhyzer line.

I am assuming the Gold Line Suspect will be more overstable then the Lucid. Steeze might have more knowledge on that...

Last edited:
I am assuming the Gold Line Suspect will be more overstable then the Lucid. Steeze might have more knowledge on that...

I found my fuzion 171g suspect to be slightly more overstable than the max weight lucids. To use a horrible pun....I suspect the fuzion suspect in max weight will be even more overstable than a max weight lucid suspect. That's been the case for the other molds for me. The lucid is always the least stable in the bunch. Not by much but it's noticeable.

The fuzion dyemax suspect is concave but still glides super long. I really enjoy that plastic both for feel and flight. I have a plethora of them in lucid though between ones I bought and player pack given. I'll beat them up a while.

Sidenote, I'm throwing the westside tursas now also. Really loving it so far. I never thought I'd find another mid that was like a meteor but better. This is it.

dunno if this was the best place to mention it or not, but it seems like a lot of people are saying the fuzion/bio molds are more stable than their lucid counterparts. my experience with most all latitude and westside molds i've thrown is that the opto variants are more stable than the gold line ones. just odd that it doesn't seem to be the case with the dynamic molds. unless it's just been the case with all molds latitude produces lately, freak occurrence or something.

DO NOT THROW THE SUSPECT EXPECTING IT TO BE NETRAL!!!

Also do not throw or look to throw the suspect in place of a zone. It is not a zone.

its a great disc one of my new favorites no where close to a zone and no where close to neutral.

that is all.

DO NOT THROW THE SUSPECT EXPECTING IT TO BE NETRAL!!!

Also do not throw or look to throw the suspect in place of a zone. It is not a zone.

its a great disc one of my new favorites no where close to a zone and no where close to neutral.

that is all.

Well said! I was expecting a Zone and got, well, something different. A good different though. I probably will still get a Zone and with my Pure I have a solid lineup of Putters. However, the Fuzion Judge will probably replace something when it comes out in the stock stamp.

Lol @ suspect being neutral

I got scared for a second when I read that it was neutral. I was planning on getting it for something more overstable than my Roc3's.. then read that and I was like... well maybe not Lol But every one's responses to the neutral comment comment made me feel at ease.