• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Suspect

Got one on a whim a tournament this weekend. I had been underwhelmed by the reports of it not being as overstable as a zone. After throwing it a few times, it kicked the challenger out of my bag that I used for somewhat overstable upshots. What I love most about a zone is that I can throw it hard and it behaves like a mid, but I can power it down and it behaves like a putter on approaches. The Suspect works the exact same way but has less fade. I played the whole tournament weekend with both the Zone and Suspect in the bag and was glad I did.

Do you feel like the suspect is a slightly longer complement to the Zone? I don't necessarily need a super overstable mid tweener, but if it's slightly less overstable, a little longer and holds up to snap and wind, it might be a really nice complement.

Do you feel like the suspect is a slightly longer complement to the Zone? I don't necessarily need a super overstable mid tweener, but if it's slightly less overstable, a little longer and holds up to snap and wind, it might be a really nice complement.

That is exactly what it has been for me!

Yeah, I think that's about what it is. It's not Zone overstable, but it's still overstable. It will hold up to the wind unless its just roaring and it gets good glide. Nice disc overall.

My buddy and I both throw zones -- probably more than we should, but I know that a premium plastic, longer slightly less beefy zone-like disc will go into our bags immediately.

They just came into the shop yesterday. I work tomorrow, so I'll be able to dig through them. Excited! :)

I've been trying to work in the Suspect after years of Zone throwing and I keep finding my self saying, "that was the right line but it just went to far." I keep going about 20-30 ft past the basket but inline from where I threw.

Guys...I just don't see what the big deal w this disc is....it's only the most versatile, most comfortable in the hand, multi-use, thin, grippy, bitchin' disc I've bought in the last 2 years. I got twin pink ones and they are exactly what I wanted the zone to be. As has already been stated, do not buy this disc as a strict zone replacement. The zone is almost too stable to use for much other than utility/out of trouble shots IMHO. I'm sure it's been mentioned although I don't recall seeing it; its like having a Z Ringer that's just a touch more hefty.

i've got just tossed a buddy's once and it flew nice...picked one up locally a few days ago and won't get a chance to throw it until tomorrow. what kind of distance are you getting with it compared to a more traditional mid? somebody compared it to a classic roc in the sense that it's a putter/mid hybrid which is what i'm hoping for.

i've got just tossed a buddy's once and it flew nice...picked one up locally a few days ago and won't get a chance to throw it until tomorrow. what kind of distance are you getting with it compared to a more traditional mid? somebody compared it to a classic roc in the sense that it's a putter/mid hybrid which is what i'm hoping for.
I haven't really tested their limits by just rippin them but I was growing flex shots and straight to fade about 225-250

Also, I noticed MStreet had a couple in the mid to high 160's....are the lighter ones any different than the heavier ones? I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a neon green to go w my pinks

Has anyone had the chance to throw the BioFuzion Suspect? I am interested if it is beefier then the Lucid.

Yesterday I lost my Lucid First Run Suspect in a roaring stream :( Good thing I had already ordered a max weight Lucid with production stamp and max weight Biofuzion on Saturday :)

The Suspect is the shallow grippy glidey OS disc I wanted the Zone to be for putting. While the Zone has no glide and requires lots of force and muscle to bully it into the basket, the Suspect holds the line longer to grab chains easier. I've had so many Suspect putts go in with throws that would have had the Zone fading in front of the basket!

I just can't wait for Classic!

yeah, i wish people would start talking sh!t about these things, so I'd feel better about loosing mine last week. Just straight up forgot it on one of the holes, and wouldn't ya know it, literally the only non-putter disc in my bag without my name on it.

Has anyone had the chance to throw the BioFuzion Suspect? I am interested if it is beefier then the Lucid.

Testers and the couple I bought. They're a little more concave but fly pretty much the same. Maybe a little more OS but hard to notice. I like the Fuzion dyemax ones the best.

I used my Fuzion Dye Max for 1 round this weekend. It seems about the same as the Lucid. If Latitude's plastics age the same way with these molds, I'd expect the Fuzion to break in quicker and lose some of its fade just like Gold Line would. That being said, by breaking in quicker I mean slowly breaking in over many months. And the Lucid should hold its flight a long, long time.

I really love my Lucid plastic Suspect. It has basically replaced my Buzzz for approach shots that are 30-150 to the basket. It flies straight and has a good steady strong forward fade at the end when thrown flat across the chest. Great disc.

Interesting to hear the Bio's aren't more OS, because that has been the case for all the other discs from my experience.

I really love my Lucid plastic Suspect. It has basically replaced my Buzzz for approach shots that are 30-150 to the basket. It flies straight and has a good steady strong forward fade at the end when thrown flat across the chest. Great disc.

Interesting to hear the Bio's aren't more OS, because that has been the case for all the other discs from my experience.

Others might notice more of a difference but I haven't. It might show up more as they wear, but when new, other than the bio being more concave I haven't seen a big difference. Mainly the bio is just grippier in my opinion. Now the Fuzion dyemax I have I would say is more OS than the others and it's very concave but with the same or more glide. It's pretty awesome but it's the only one I have and I have lots of lucid so I'm throwing those for now. Great mold. I love being able to throw one flat and reliably know what it's going to do each time. It's such a great headwind upshot disc. If I can't keep my fuzion judge on target in a wind I always know I can with a suspect.

I think the Latitude Bio's like the Pure, River etc were more stable because they all had more dome to them. The Suspect is flat/concave. It seems like it molded about exactly the same in both plastics. So there shouldn't be a drastic difference. I've only used it one round, but it is either the same as my Lucid or very close to it.

Ok, update after throwing a few more rounds with the Fuzion Suspect. I don't know why, but I have to go with SteezOG on this one. The Fuzion at 175 I have seems to be more OS than the 172 Lucid. And it seems like a bigger difference than the 3 grams should make. Granted I threw like crap, but I am still thinking the Fuzion is more OS. Weird and not like other Latitude molds. Maybe Dynamic Discs has so e magic pixie dust.

I bought a BioFuzion Suspect 176g (Dayglow yellow with a purple stamp--sick) and a Classic Soft Judge 174g. I threw the Suspect and am already in love. It isn't a Zone, but man that thing is pretty close. My 175g Lucid Suspect is more of a laser beam straight for me. I love them both. I was actually surprised when I got the BF Suspect out as far as my MVP Shock. haha. Granted the Shock was a bad throw...People better snatch these up fast. Great job DD.

Yeah, but this whole thing pisses me off. I initially bought 2 Pink 172 Lucids and 1 176 Yellow Lucid. Now I have the 175 Fuzion. Now I really want a backup Fuzion since they are so different, but I hate to order 1 freaking disc and pay shipping.