• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Easy Hyzer-Flip Disc

I'll vote for the VIP Hatchet or GL Fury.

Underworld and Witness could be quite flippy if you are able to hyzer flip the Kraits.

Icon Bandit or Patrtiot. Depending on the distance I want, those are the ones I use in that slot.

....just saw how short the shot is you're looking for. A Z-Meteor is my disc for that shot.

Living at 7k feet, I have to deal with most discs flying more stable than most of you are used to. My most reliable hyzer flip disc is my fuse. Easy flip for easy distance.

Valkyrie all day. Specifically my 167 gram 5x JK champ valk that I use on almost every drive. Just a tick of hyzer and she goes straight as an arrow with barely any fade at all.

Honestly on the short hole the op is talking about my champ panther or Leo would do the trick as well. For me the Valkyrie would be to much disc and powered down that much would hyzer out.

You just described the Yikun Hu to a T. It's got good speed, amazing glide and you can Hyzerflip it really easily. I throw it on a low Hyzerflip line to get easy distance for BH shots.

Based on the hole you described, I personally wouldn't throw anything faster than a mid on that hole. As anything faster that was powered down for me would hyzer out too much or would overshoot the basket.

Based on your premium plastic requirement, I'd go with a meteor, m5, tangent, or element.

Otherwise, I have been looking nonstop for something in premium plastic that'll replicate the flight of my beat up dx or kc pro roc, and cannot find anything that's been able to kick them out of the bag yet for hyzer flips up to like 320.

another vote for the leopard right here, bc it's a speed 6, it's easier to get up to speed and flip up in my opinion than many of the discs mentioned. My go to hyzer flip disc.

He said a 280' hyzer was outside of his wheelhouse, I doubt he's hyzer flipping a putter that far :|

OP, how far are you throwing specific discs?

Distance wise I don't know my current max as I haven't gone to the park by my house to measure, but I'd say my max distance right now is prolly 390-400' ft. That's open field distance. Disc golf distance is probablly more in the 330-360' area. A hyzer on this hole is a low percentage shot. I haven't really tried it, but you'd have to really rip it over a bunch of tall trees. The easiest/best route is a FH or Hyzer Flip. Since I have tennis elbow right now I need to learn to acquire a good Hyzer Flip, hence why I wanted a disc that is easy to do it with.

Last edited:
Since I have tennis elbow right now

That exact injury was what made me need to swap to a backhand flip. On a whim I picked up a used Millennium JLS at Play it again.

The flip shot took a bit to figure out, but was absolutely worth it and changed my game completely. That JLS hangs on the wall taped together from being cracked, but I've gathered six or more since and never play a round without one.

I tried a leopard and it was oddly stable, to the point my buddy could barely flip it. I might try an underworld or patriot instead.

That happens some times. Just use it as a stable driver to beat it in. It should happen fairly quickly. I have an E* that was more stable than my *Eagles, but after similar wear, my leo has turned in to the flippy one and is flying like a leo now.

Latest posts