• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] EMAC Truth

From what I've seen/heard/read, LX Emacs fly like a slightly beat in Verdict. So at least they are replaceable whenever that is needed. But man...I sure do have a lot of Lucid-X in my bag for someone who is opposed to buying overpriced limited runs. LX Felon, Judge, Trespass (sometimes), and now likely Emac. Ugh. :wall:

No LX verdict, huh? I'll say, I'm not sure they are totally worth it. Idk if they are really THAT much more overstable than a fresh Lucid Verdict. Very flat and comfy for FH though.

No LX verdict, huh? I'll say, I'm not sure they are totally worth it. Idk if they are really THAT much more overstable than a fresh Lucid Verdict. Very flat and comfy for FH though.

Nope, I never grabbed one of the LX Verdicts. Honestly I don't throw my Verdict a whole lot, since I tend to throw an Emac with a little extra hyzer instead. Really only reach for a Verdict if I need to rip a mid flat and have it carry awhile before finishing left. And I haven't even bagged a Verdict at all in the past couple weeks due to a weird ripple effect in my bag. Long story short -- I added a Berg, which has absolutely nothing in common with a Verdict, but that made me swap a few other discs around until the end result was pulling the Verdict out and putting a Drone in.

Maybe it's just the run I got, but I find my lucid emac to be a bit more stable and touchy to throw than others are describing. You lose me when I hear emacs being describes as "a little flippy" even after the wear in period.

Having said, I love mine and it's my go to "long mid" for most throws around the 275 range where I need a good healthy dose of predictable fade.

Is there any real difference between the older EMac runs where it just said Truth and had the EMac silhouette below the stamp....and the newer EMac Truths, both in Lucid plastic btw

Is there any real difference between the older EMac runs where it just said Truth and had the EMac silhouette below the stamp....and the newer EMac Truths, both in Lucid plastic btw

In short; yup.

In depth; it'll depend. Some of the early Truths (with EMac silhouette underneath, specifically and likely the Pre-Sweden runs) will fly similar to current EMac Truth. However, those early runs (around when they started stamping "Made in Sweden") started to become flippy; hence the evolution of two different molds.

They retooled the mold and made the EMac Truth, which is buzz like, maybe a hair more fade. And the old mold is just the truth (5/5/-1/1 numbers). I'm not certain if this is 100% true, but it is close. I'm skeptical also, because the early truths (before "EMac") we're generally flatter, and now, they are all domey.

And there's this: https://youtu.be/h38CnrmxIy4

Now I'm just plugging:
I have several truths. Two pre Sweden's (lost one last year though..), a few with the small silhouette and "made in Sweden", a handful of emacs, and a couple Truths. I've been throwing the mold a long time. Feels better in the hand than a buzz, IMO, and flies similar.

I've been trying to work out the older truth mold and just work in the emacs, but they all serve a purpose.

Last edited:
In short; yup.

In depth; it'll depend. Some of the early Truths (with EMac silhouette underneath, specifically and likely the Pre-Sweden runs) will fly similar to current EMac Truth. However, those early runs (around when they started stamping "Made in Sweden") started to become flippy; hence the evolution of two different molds.

They retooled the mold and made the EMac Truth, which is buzz like, maybe a hair more fade. And the old mold is just the truth (5/5/-1/1 numbers). I'm not certain if this is 100% true, but it is close. I'm skeptical also, because the early truths (before "EMac") we're generally flatter, and now, they are all domey.

And there's this: https://youtu.be/h38CnrmxIy4

Now I'm just plugging:
I have several truths. Two pre Sweden's (lost one last year though..), a few with the small silhouette and "made in Sweden", a handful of emacs, and a couple Truths. I've been throwing the mold a long time. Feels better in the hand than a buzz, IMO, and flies similar.

I've been trying to work out the older truth mold and just work in the emacs, but they all serve a purpose.

So that "older run" of the Truth with the Emac silhouette flies more like the current run?

I love the old runs with the small silhouette and the 2010 world champ line. They are always flat and stay in the sweet spot for longer. Jmd might be right with the timeline in the sense that at some point the pre-macs became too flippy and they made the eMac, but all the premacs I have had are awesome. Stable and straight for a long long time.

Modern emacs have dome a lot of the time but you can still find nice flat ones. Metal flake lucid in particular is nice if you get a flat one. I have found some flat fuzions but they break in really quick.

I absolutely love Truths
I have a bunch of older ones Pre-Mades, Made ins etc

There is something about the older ones.

That said I've really enjoyed some of the recent metal flake lucid Emacs for being on the more OS side of things

I will disagree with jmdaire on the comment that: "however, those early runs (around when they started stamping "Made in Sweden") started to become flippy; hence the evolution of two different molds" as not being quite accurate

while the differentiation of Truth -1, 1 and Emac Truth 0, 2 has been for a while now

it did take a bit of time before the Made Ins started getting "flippy" (in quotes because I'm not sure they really are that flippy)

by which I mean there are some "earlier" runs of Made Ins that are very much like the Pre Mades

I haven't even paid attention to stamps, silhouettes etc

The Truth is a fantastic midrange.

I'd say if you don't want to have to mess around finding "that run" metal flake Emacs with a mild dome (especially opaque Lucid) is the way to go

Then again I'm partial to the opaques and you could find the opaque stuff more frequently with the early runs

I guess my basis is that my pre mades have had good high speed stability, but the few I have with made in are actually kind of flippy. Sample size 2 and 4, respectively. I suppose I have one 'made in' that still has some stability, but it's probably middle ground.

Great mold. Hence it being popular. Can't go wrong with any truth you have!

Modern emacs have dome a lot of the time but you can still find nice flat ones. Metal flake lucid in particular is nice if you get a flat one. I have found some flat fuzions but they break in really quick.

I picked up a couple 2017 GBO EMacs that were that run of relatively flat metal flake lucid. I bought them because they were clearanced on DD's website, and boy did I get lucky. That was a fantastic flying run, and has even been my slowest Trilogy discs to beat in, too. Over two years later and I am just now getting close to needing to slide the fresh one into the bag.

Any stability difference between the regular LX and Glimmer-X?

Only have one of each to test, but just got to throw the chameleon glimmer tour series and have the thoughts to share.

The glimmer is oddly domey, mostly in its shape. I tried to take a pic but it's hard to tell with the lighting I had. It is very gradual toward the rim and then in the center of the plate it pops up big time like a pyramid. It doesn't really change the hand feel at all it's just unique looking mostly.

The stability battle goes to the regular lucid x. Both are max weight. My regular lucid x is a fade machine and doesn't really go straight, just hyzer the whole way. The lucid x chameleon glides way more but still has a strong fade for a truth at the end. It held a decently straight flight and then dumped at the end. Pretty cool for this mold. Only want to carry one, not sure yet but the new chameleon is just too cool looking to not throw.

https://imgur.com/a/mlBar9z

Orange is straight lucid x, blue is the new chameleon.

Only have one of each to test, but just got to throw the chameleon glimmer tour series and have the thoughts to share.

The glimmer is oddly domey, mostly in its shape. I tried to take a pic but it's hard to tell with the lighting I had. It is very gradual toward the rim and then in the center of the plate it pops up big time like a pyramid. It doesn't really change the hand feel at all it's just unique looking mostly.

The stability battle goes to the regular lucid x. Both are max weight. My regular lucid x is a fade machine and doesn't really go straight, just hyzer the whole way. The lucid x chameleon glides way more but still has a strong fade for a truth at the end. It held a decently straight flight and then dumped at the end. Pretty cool for this mold. Only want to carry one, not sure yet but the new chameleon is just too cool looking to not throw.

https://imgur.com/a/mlBar9z

Orange is straight lucid x, blue is the new chameleon.

The glimmer Verdicts (at least the blue one I have, my pink one is flat) have the same weird dome. However, I find the glimmer to be more Os than the first LX. Weird the truth is different. Thanks for the write up!

Really like the feel of this disc currently throwing a lucid. How do the other plastics compare? I'm trying to compliment the lucid with one that will season a little bit more into a -1,1 flight path.

Really like the feel of this disc currently throwing a lucid. How do the other plastics compare? I'm trying to compliment the lucid with one that will season a little bit more into a -1,1 flight path.

Biofuzion is the answer, especially if you go about 5 grams lighter than your lucid. I know the temptation is to get a Prime Emac, but those are so board flat that they feel and fly like a completely different mold. Same problem with the Classic Emacs.

For reference, I bag a fresh Lucid-X, 1.5 year old Lucid, and 2 year old Biofuzion.

Could pair it with a [regular] Truth. They have that -1,1 flight. Currently bagging L-Glimmer-X Verdict (makes its way left out of the hand), Fresh-ish MF-L EMac (no flip, but straight to fade), 2 yr old L EMac (small flip to small fade) and an L Warrant (flippy). I sometimes squeeze in an old prEMac, small silhouette (flip to flat lazer) between the Warrant and warn EMac.

...Currently bagging...Fresh-ish MF-L EMac (no flip, but straight to fade)...

Did you grab that metal flake Emac recently? If so, where? I'm pretty close to needing to slide my last backup into the bag, so I'd like to stock back up. I could obviously just throw regular Lucids instead, but I've really enjoyed that 2017 GBO metalflake run.

Did you grab that metal flake Emac recently? If so, where? I'm pretty close to needing to slide my last backup into the bag, so I'd like to stock back up. I could obviously just throw regular Lucids instead, but I've really enjoyed that 2017 GBO metalflake run.

Negative. I think I got the one I have now from DGC, but could have been marshal street. Your best bet will be MST, I think. I just picked up a couple Lucids from them for some backups. Honestly, though I haven't thrown them yet, the pair I got feel a little stiffer than normal (for lucid), which could possibly lend themselves to being more OS. Not sure though. TBH, the MF I have (stock stamp) is no more OS than any other EMac.

On that note, I have a MF felon and enforcer that fly straighter than I would have expected. Shrugs. To that end, I haven't cared to seek out any MF Lucid as I think Lucid will be very similar. Obviously, this is just my experience!

Here to see how them zombie-chameleon-moonshine-lucid-x-emac truths are flying (thats a mouthfull)!

Been bagging a "pre-mac" truth for a few years now and looking to replace it. Now I hear the E-Macs are a lot more stable than the pre-macs, is that true? Would a Lucid E-Mac and Lucid Verdict combo be too overlapping if the E-Macs are a lot more stable?

Latest posts