• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Essence

Probably that swirly disc that they showed Simon with recently. My guess is fairway on the understable side of things. New FD2 filled the gap above the FD maybe this will fill the gap just below. I know there are molds in that stability range but none that are very popular.

Hard to say from that video but it looked to me like Eagle was trying to hyzer flip that more than what it ended up doing. Not sure why he would throw an OS disc on a hyzer on a right finishing hole.

Heres what I think about it.

Tough to follow the disc, granted, but I dont have much to work with honestly, just me and the mobile. Will see if 4K improves it next time.

Interesting looking disc. I love slightly understable (-2/1) molds. I'll keep this one in mind in case Stags go OOP.

That's a horrible name for a disc. Really all of their Evolution series has awful names. If it's similar to a Stag though, I'll probably try one.

So, anyone throw this yet? It looks intriguing for my noodle arm.

Finally got to try one... sweet disc. Slightly understable and the glide is for real. Extremely similar flight to my Elasto Hatchet which is slightly more overstable than other other Hatchets. Also very similar to a River (dat glide).

More overstable than: Opto Hatchet, Fury, Maul
Similar Stability to : Elasto Hatchet, River
Slightly less stable than: S-FD, Vandal, Falcion

Very easy distance due to glide and understability. Love it!

I think it is a great disc. Definitely longer and more understable than an S Line FD, but it can handle a good rip and a soft finesse drive as well.

So what plastic are these in? Gold/S-line? I'm not familiar with their plastics in Evolution.

So what plastic are these in? Gold/S-line? I'm not familiar with their plastics in Evolution.

Neo is the plastic, and it is reported to be a mix of Gold and Opto, making for an opaque and grippy plastic that would be somewhat tougher than straight-up GL. I have an Instinct, and the plastic is pretty nice.

The glide on these is unreal. They're absolute hyzerflip machines. I found myself throwing this nearly every hole at a tight, wooded local course when I needed something more than a mid.

They're more stable than a D line FD, but not as stable as either Night Strike run. I'd compare them most to a well beaten in CD2 with more glide.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Neo is the plastic, and it is reported to be a mix of Gold and Opto, making for an opaque and grippy plastic that would be somewhat tougher than straight-up GL. I have an Instinct, and the plastic is pretty nice.

Sounds intriguing. I'll probably end up picking one up on my next order to try out. Similar to say an Undertaker or Saint maybe?