• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever hit a random wall and just Have no desire to play DG?

Welp. The fire came back - Friday I was out of practice but held it together decently - until the last 6 holes which were big uphills and it was 105 out I was so sweaty and covered in bug spray and sunscreen so a handful of my drives slipped and rolled down the hill - it was crappy - I finished poorly. Second day I played fairly well after a mild shakey start - with a missed circle 1 putt and a miscue off the tee - felt good about it - final day, thunderstorms - but I weathered it pretty well and finished ok. Missed cash by a handful but not much - played against some veterans and some big names --- overall it was great and after 3 days in a row battling I feel my game grew and mentally more focused ---- I am gonna take a lil time off but hopefully get a round in on the weekend with buddies.

I've played tournaments at both Kaposia and BRP in downpours. It gets pretty old, pretty quickly, especially if the wind is blowing.

Glad you got your interest sparked again though.

I just logged back into the forums for a first time in a LONG time.. I just started playing again with wifey more consistently.
Few years ago when I was still in CA I played the Napa Vintage Cup. Something bad happened and I feel cursed since.
I was on the teepad, a few holes in. Then it happened, I grip locked like no other. I did my swing/throw but released the disc directly behind me on the ground. I picked it up and tried again. Same thing. Now throwing 3 from teepad I managed to get the disc somewhat in the right direction. I took a 9 on the hole. I played the majority of the course forehand after that. Now at the practice field I'll either grip lock it, or try not to and release early and soft. I've tried everything. Focus, don't focus. Don't psych yourself out etc.
I'm having fun playing but hate it at times. Find myself yelling in the woods. Then I take a deep breath and realize I'm being dumb.
I'm not expecting any magic replies. I've tried it all. I need professional help and hope to get it in September.
This is the first public venting I've done.
Thanks for reading. I have a tourney coming up.
I signed up in the Wreck division.

Latest posts