• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ezra Aderhold PDGA #121715

I'm surprised no major news came out of the Ezra camp by now. Anyone have any info?

He's playing here in Arizona as he gets ready for the season to start and I was able to talk to him recently. Among other things, I asked if he had gotten sponsored by a brand other than OTB. He said he's not able to say at this time, but the information will be coming out soon. My interpretation of that is that he did get sponsored, but the sponsor is waiting to make the information public - maybe something still left to be done with the signing/contract or they are waiting for the start of the season to make the information public.

He's from South Dakota and obviously the weather there isn't the best for getting prepared for the season, so he's spending some time in Arizona, then going to California, and, I think, then to Vegas for the beginning of the season.

He's playing here in Arizona as he gets ready for the season to start and I was able to talk to him recently. Among other things, I asked if he had gotten sponsored by a brand other than OTB. He said he's not able to say at this time, but the information will be coming out soon. My interpretation of that is that he did get sponsored, but the sponsor is waiting to make the information public - maybe something still left to be done with the signing/contract or they are waiting for the start of the season to make the information public.

He's from South Dakota and obviously the weather there isn't the best for getting prepared for the season, so he's spending some time in Arizona, then going to California, and, I think, then to Vegas for the beginning of the season.

On the course? What was he throwing? You would think he would be throwing his new manufacturer "if he is signed" just so he can get familiar with the new discs.

Ezra A is really dragging this out.. ha! Must be some tough negotiating going on with someone.

He confirmed in the comments of his Instagram post a while back that he did sign with someone, but didn't say why it couldn't be announced. I know there haven't been any rumors about him going to MVP, but it seems odd that both him and Conrad haven't announced their sponsors yet. I guess it's still not for sure that Conrad is going to MVP though.

He confirmed in the comments of his Instagram post a while back that he did sign with someone, but didn't say why it couldn't be announced. I know there haven't been any rumors about him going to MVP, but it seems odd that both him and Conrad haven't announced their sponsors yet. I guess it's still not for sure that Conrad is going to MVP though.

Pretty safe bet Aderhold is not signing with MVP...

On the course? What was he throwing? You would think he would be throwing his new manufacturer "if he is signed" just so he can get familiar with the new discs.

He was at a local park (not a course) practicing throws. He had a basket out and was throwing a bunch of discs. I could have looked at his discs to see if they were a specific brand, but I respected his privacy about this. And since he is still with OTB, it's possible he was still throwing a bunch of different brands (especially to throw people off until the announcement is made - or maybe his sponsorship doesn't start until the beginning of the season).

I'm curious how his sponsorship will work since he's still with OTB. Will it be like Drew Gibson last year, where he was with Infinite Discs and Legacy? Or will it be he throws a specific brand of discs, but uses OTB for everything else? I guess it's just 'wait and see'.

So, you saw him playing in Arizona, and got close enough to him to talk to him? What was he throwing? Did it not occur to you to look?

We need a new disc golf beat reporter in Arizona. :\

So, you saw him playing in Arizona, and got close enough to him to talk to him? What was he throwing? Did it not occur to you to look?

Hey now, Bill is a great guy.

But if you give me some cross streets I will do my best to investigate.

Yeah, I even saw his pile of discs. But I didn't look to see what he was throwing. We chatted for a while; he is a really nice guy....he took a break from his practice to chat with me...never said, or made me feel, that I was interrupting his practice. We talked a bit about his videos, why he was in Arizona, and then about if he got picked up by a brand other than OTB.

Honestly, I didn't think about looking at his discs...I figured it wouldn't prove anything. He's still sponsored by OTB, so he can be throwing anything they sell. Maybe his disc brands won't change until he starts the season....maybe it will be like Drew Gibson, where he throws everything OTB offers and has a brand that makes discs specifically for him....like Legacy made the Phantom Warrior for Drew, but Drew still threw anything he wanted as long as Infinite sold it.

Latest posts