• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Farthest you've ever traveled for a round

bobmcnelly

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So I live in the middle of nowhere in Colorado. During these winter months if I want to play disc my only real option is heading to Denver. Which is a 3 1/2 hour drive one way. But when I have the itch I've done the seven hour drive in one day. Totally worth it, to go from nothing but deep snow everywhere I look, to green grass and usually around 20 to 30 degrees warmer. One of the many reasons I love Colorado.
So it got me wondering, how far/long have you guys traveled just to play a round or two. Not visiting friends/family or having any other motive. And keep it to 24 to 48 hour trips only playing one or two rounds, I've done long road trips that take multiple days, but I'm talking quick trips that cover as much ground as possible.

Last edited:
45 minutes. We went in one car with my two bros and a friend. My one brother almost fainted from heat exhaustion from not drinking enough water in the 100+ degree heat. We ended up leaving early to get him safe, plus the course was pretty blah. Not a good day.

45 minutes. We went in one car with my two bros and a friend. My one brother almost fainted from heat exhaustion from not drinking enough water in the 100+ degree heat. We ended up leaving early to get him safe, plus the course was pretty blah. Not a good day.

Wow, if I only traveled 45 minutes from home I would have 3 courses played. LOL

I love the mapping function here on dgcr, and the tweak you get with a premium membership: you can set the radius to 125 miles and then have it take away all the courses you've played.

So I use this to find the next nearest courses I haven't played, jump in the car & go hit a few new spots. Now I'm outbound 2-3 hours on a nice day to bag 'em all.

I've played one day tourneys as far away as 4 hours, and back the same night.

Yep...addicted. :eek:

5 minutes. I love my local course and haven't felt the need to waste gas money driving elsewhere. All the other courses I have played were out of convenience while I was already in the area.

I went from Indianapolis (Central Indiana) to Lemon Lake (Northern Indiana) for Worlds this last year. It was a little over 3 hours each way.

4ish hrs. Played the Selah Ranch courses. Me and a buddy had a Saturday open, so we took it to just play Selah. Will do it again.

4 hours for a tourney back in Hickory NC where I'm from. Furthest for a casual round is probably about a hour each way.

Last Sunday, I drove 120 miles to play a round. Lately the past couple months I've been waking up early on the weekend come on here to search courses within 125miles and whatever course looks cool to me that morning, I just get in the car and go, and I make it back home by lunch or dinner.. :) it's been an amazing few months for my discing. All I played for a year and a half was three courses and now I have about a dozen I go to more than once.

I have friends who have told me I need to get into geocashing. I told them I already do that. For me half the fun of disc golfing is traveling, finding courses I have never played before, and then discovering where the next tee pad or basket lies. A conquering of the unknown. :thmbup:

Sooo yea... This thread is for QUICK trips that don't take more than 48 hours. Not cross country trips that take a bunch of days. Drive, play a round or two, turn around and head home.

Latest posts