• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Favorite discontinued discs/molds/plastics?

The subtle difference between 1080 Disc Golf and Reptilian is that Reptilian has a groove top that is a different mold piece that they put on the Wizard to make the Scale and the Magic to make the Serpent. They also have a flat top they use on the Warrior to make the Gila. You can't just replace a Gila with a Warrior, the Warrior is less OS. You can straight up replace a Radius with a Warlock (although the Radius has this weird cult following and all the Radius throwers SWEAR that you can't) because it's the same disc.

The 1080 Disc Golf concept was to approach all the manufacturers (which at the time was like five) and release an existing mold in a new plastic under a different name. Gateway was the only manufacturer that would go for the idea, so at some point if became clear that the Radius was the only disc they were going to be able to make. The idea just lost steam and they shut down.

Which is too bad since the Radius was a huge East-coast cult putter there for a little bit. They probably could have pushed a few more runs of that disc, but there was clearly a limit to how far they could go with the original concept they had. Reptilian shows that they could have adapted the concept and worked with Gateway on some new discs, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Yep that sounds like me lol

Tbh I love my 1080 and recently decided to hang it up because of my new love for RFF and Eraser plastic Gateway putters.

For me…

The D, X, and ESP Cyclone. Discraft, you are stupid.
I have so many Cyclones that I'll never run out so I forget all the time that they are OOP. I still have seven unthrown Tournament Pro Cyclones. :eek: I should probably start working my way through those. I'm not getting any younger.

I'm really liking my MVP neutron Particle these days. It's about a half point more stable than my cosmic neutron Envy. Useful, although I rely on my Envy more often.

So many to choose from!

The Whitler by Snap Discs

I snagged a few last year on auction pages, hopefully a lifetime supply. Such a fun lid to throw

Where to begin....

Vibram Ibex, Summit, UnLace, Lace, Ascent, Trak.

Eco-Star drivers, TeeBird, Destroyer, Roadrunner.

Trident

Though not officially not OOP, not a "priority" either: Pine, Bard, Saint.

Also hang on to my sole copies of XL, XS, Wildcat.

Where to begin....

Vibram Ibex, Summit, UnLace, Lace, Ascent, Trak.

Eco-Star drivers, TeeBird, Destroyer, Roadrunner.

Trident

Though not officially not OOP, not a "priority" either: Pine, Bard, Saint.

Also hang on to my sole copies of XL, XS, Wildcat.

Any thoughts on Vibram ever coming back into the fray?

They did glow orcs one year for like a christmas dealer disc or something like that. I would LOVE some more.

Isn't there another company called Reptilian Discs that is basically Gateway?

I think that is Dino Discs. They have extremely light weight discs in the 120 gram range and they aren't PDGA approved. Their purpose is to get kids involved in disc golf.

Speaking of Reptilian, I have one of their Tyrants and everything about it is awesome. Guess I should have bought a few of them. Only having one of them I don't bag it for fear of becoming dependent on it and not being able to get replacements.

Speaking of Reptilian, I have one of their Tyrants and everything about it is awesome. Guess I should have bought a few of them. Only having one of them I don't bag it for fear of becoming dependent on it and not being able to get replacements.

Tyrant is amazing, I have three but two are thrashed so I'm throwing beefy Teebirds in that slot for now.

I hope JC can get some of those made this year, they are really great for shots you need to hold the line and fade hard.

I had a Tobu disc for a brief period.

I say brief because the location device tracker thing didn't work and it is one of the few discs that I managed to throw into a black hole because I spent over 45 minutes looking to no avail.

Latest posts