• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite female player?

I agree. Too much PC. But when it comes to athletics, I have a tendency to judge only on skill. As much as I hate the PC, I equally hate the, "I love her play because she's so..." you fill in the words. Remember Maria Sharapova? On the other hand, I recall Nova luxuriating in Conrad's hair. And no, his hair doesn't do much for me.

Actually, not many of them.
PP Putting stroke with that lift and tip to the cap drives me nuts. Why not add a few more superfluous motions?
My body feels pain every time I watch Hokem throw
And watching Cat doink 10-15ft putts because she's too lazy to take her bag off?

There was a lot more coverage this year, so I got to see a little more than previous years, but in the last couple of months, I don't even want to watch anymore (I think part of it has to do with the commentary, especially the giggle fest commentary).

I do like watching Kristen Tattar, Henna Blomroos and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head though. Maybe next season will be a better year.

Just my opinion though and I know I'll probably get flack for it, but the "P" part of FPO needs some more attention.

I've probably answered this, but what the heck. Paige Pierce is my favorite. I think her drives off the tee are the smoothest, most efficient power of all of them. Having said that, I always liked to watch Val Jenkins. Her walk up to throw is so slow but her drives are explosive and low.

What ever happened to Ohn Scoggins?

I asked that same question a little while back and got no answer. Her PDGA membership expired two years ago. I'm going to assume she moved on from disc golf. It's a shame, because she had some talent, although she never travelled much.

Oh, and my favorite is Val. Little Paige definitely grew on me this year, too.

Big Paige Pierce fan, but I'm always impressed with Val's cool and calm approach to her game.

Lately I've really enjoyed watching Rebecca Cox and Kristen Tattar play.

On the other hand, I recall Nova luxuriating in Conrad's hair. And no, his hair doesn't do much for me.

If I recall, it was in the context of discussing Paige B's hair too, so I may have been doing some "sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander" schtick. Not sure. It's been weeks. Dunno.

Favorite masters-aged female player: Discette. She hacked it through 27 holes at Diamond X, gotta give props for the effort and hardiness.

JK - Been rocking the Aviars for years. Great froz.

Fajkus - Love the signature edition Octothorpe.

Paige pierce was my first and is my favorite...and since my right shoulder is a dud and i have to throw left. Watching them and using the same type of discs i feel helps throwing left handed, since i don't have much strength.

I really like pretty much all of the FPO division. I actually get more excited to watch them vs some of the MPO players. They are generally good players and most of them seem to be having a good time out there. By rating, their games are closer to mine than the MPO field so when they are playing courses it makes much more sense to me. I kind of like watching players on courses throw shots that I can associate my game with. All these guys throwing 500 ft hyzers are crazy and fun to watch, but I can't really relate to them.

My top 5 FPO faves to watch:
Jessica Weese
Paige Pierce
Paige Bjerkaas
Madison Walker
Cat Allen

I also like Ragna although I have not seen her recently. Henna Blomroos and Tattar are also both really fun to watch and quality players.

Last edited:
If I recall, it was in the context of discussing Paige B's hair too, so I may have been doing some "sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander" schtick. Not sure. It's been weeks. Dunno.

Nova P is my favorite female DG player. She should be yours, too. :thmbup:

Since you didn't specify professional female player, I'd have to say my wife, hands down, is definitely my favorite female player.

To be honest, she has potential to be better than me. She has long legs and arms since she is 5'10 and thin physique. And she can throw pretty far with poorish form (very little hip movement). She can still hit 280ft consistently. So there is potential there for her to be a great thrower with better form. I can see her hitting 350 no problem one day.

Okay, I'm done bragging :p

There's a number of reasons why i dislike PP.

1. Complaining about the Ledgestone not challenging her enough, when she only finished -3 for the tournament and didn't win.

2. The need to show off rather than throw the smart shot

3. The putt tilt thing is weird.

My wife too is my favorite player. Whenever we are at tournaments I constantly scan the course to see if I can see her. If do see she is getting ready to throw/putt I watch. She's pretty amazing.

Don't really watch the FPO too often. There is an up and comer from Montana that is really good I've seen at a couple tournaments in ND though Ali Pistora. She has a cannon and great form. I see her doing great things in the future.

I like Paige Pierce, Catrina Allen and Paige Bjerkaas. Among the players that I've seen on the FPO lead cards, they seem to have the best form. Granted, I'm not a form expert, but a lot of the FPO players just don't look athletic when they throw. I will agree though, that PP's putting thing where she lifts the disc above her head is weird. It just doesn't make sense to me to block your own vision (albeit briefly) in your putting motion.

Latest posts