• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Hole of All Time (G rated) Dont go there.

Flyboy has stellar golf and great views. There are a dozen holes that could be signature holes on another course. However favorite holes and most scenic holes are 2 seperaye things. Are we rating based on how it looks in a picture or what it is like to play?

We're rating our favorite hole that we've played.

I'm aware that I'm not one of the cool kids, but I actually do prefer courses with obstacles.

lol, i guess that big ole body of water isn't considered an obstacle? you make it sound like it's easy to throw a nice straight 380' drive that doesn't turn right and get on the hill or the trees or that doesn't fade to far left and get down in a hill next to trees, then throw a 300'+ upshot over water to a basket on a bit of a peninsula.

yeah it's a breeze, people 3 it easily. no obstacles.

lol, i guess that big ole body of water isn't considered an obstacle? you make it sound like it's easy to throw a nice straight 380' drive that doesn't turn right and get on the hill or the trees or that doesn't fade to far left and get down in a hill next to trees, then throw a 300'+ upshot over water to a basket on a bit of a peninsula.

he hasnt played it dude. I got a 5 on it both times I think. but its not as hard as 25. that hole is a MFer!

Did I wander into an MVP thread or something?

I haven't played a ton of the top courses, but it's probably a toss up between these three for me.

1. The Blockhouse - Sunnyside: Hole 9

1de70b51.jpg

2. Winthrop Gold: Hole 3
Mainly because this and my next one are two of the holes that stood out to me on the first DG video I ever watched, the USDGC from a few years back. This was also the first course I played on where I'd seen a big pro tourney played.

a2f12d40.jpg

3. Winthrop Gold: Hole 7

fc9af6e6.jpg

Flyboy 3 = better than all the other holes Tbird has played

I guess Hammer and I made it look to easy in the video

Last edited:
I guess Hammer and I made it look to easy in the video.

yep. you did. remember I was on that card. and you needed that to beat me and Jrawk, even tho the two of u could throw so much further than either of us.

Flyboy would be a lot better if it didnt have so many boring holes to go with the signature holes. the par 5 is just lame. throw through a path in the woods thats really long. until you get to a basket. then putt at it. oh and watch out for the giant plastic ant. meh.

Hole 5 @ Steady Ed

5fba6dda_m.jpg

This is my favorite hole because it combines that 'top of the world' feel, with water that makes you think a little more about your shot. If you turn one over or don't have your disc fade enough, your disc could be gone when the water level is up. I usually throw a destroyer off the tee to ensure that it will fade, but typically empty my bag as you can make just about anything work if you're careful. Hit metal last time I was there with a destroyer. The IDGC is truly something special, and there's no better feeling than standing on this tee looking out over the lake.

This is a hard/impossible task since I look at courses as a whole and how individual great holes fit in with the rest of the experience. Whatever.....I am going with Kilborne Hole 15.

As a lefty (LHBH), it is the ultimate shot shaping challenge:
Throw over a rise - must just skim over the top of it
Trees early to knock down shots that are wide
Trees late to knock down
Slopes downward to the right with thick underbrush - LHBH fade (or kick), beware!
Must throw fairway driver to get curve, distance and less slow speed fade
Must throw almost full power to get the D needed (315' with about 5- elevation).

A routine-ish birdie for my RHBH friends....so the pressure is always on. Exhilaration with a deuce, disappointment with a par, devastation with a bogey or worse.

First basket in this Be-The-Disc! video is the location I am talking about.

f2b7b840.jpg

I cannot think of a hole I get so geeked up with anticipation for when playing a round.

My favorite is probably Hole 12 at Pinto Lake. First, it is such a relief after playing par 5, 1288 foot Hole 11. It is a lovely, slightly downhill, drive into a peninsula on the lake. Combines the grassy fairway with the wooded putting area that blends the two environments of the course. The putting area is the peninsula, so the lake surrounds you on 3 sides, and I typically walk down to the lake and check it out all around me - great place for a break ;) ;) You do have to walk back by the fairway, which is a technical no-no, but they have a parallel path along a row of Oaks, now so you can stay out of the fairway itself. The first time I played it there were sparrows flying back and forth in front of the fairway. Another tie I saw a Bald Eagle there.

I probably should pick one of the many great holes at Delaveaga, like Top of the World, but I'm spoiled playing it ~2 times a week and so its not as special as it once was. Top of the World has a great view, but always makes me nervous I'm going to hit someone down there too.

I've played Flyboy 3 times and I'd take 7 holes at Idlewild (holes 3,6,10,11,13 long,15,18) before anything at Flyboy IMHO. Flip City 11 and 2a were epic, but I have to say out of all the holes I've played hole 15 at Moraine is probably my favorite that I have ever played just for the sheer awesomeness of it.

Play wise Sverign Lang had a few epic holes also but only played it once so don't remeber the hole numbers unfortunatly.