• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Favorite Mid Range to Forehand

It's frustrating that every time someone mentions an over stable disc they are told to clean up their form.
Aaron is an excellent forehand dominant player. He can flick a meteor and a buzzz very well. I think the scenario he is describing is: what disc do you flick when you need to avoid the right side at all costs (Left side for a RHFH) while still holding a tight line.

He said he doesn't want to use a Drone or Gator because they fade too hard.

He also asked in the title what everyone's favorite mid is for forehand.

I stand by the Buzzz.

When you're as good as me, you can pick up any disc and have it bend to your will.

BUT, since you want a specific one, I'll say N Axis. :D

I like to flick cobras, champs are nice and straight, and you can nice annys with dx, but if I could get my hands on a CE Sentinel, we would be in business!

He said he doesn't want to use a Drone or Gator because they fade too hard.

He also asked in the title what everyone's favorite mid is for forehand.

I stand by the Buzzz.

Fair enough, you are another excellent forehand dominant player. I believe Aaron is referring to hole 10 at Topo', just for a visual.

220'? Zone for sure.

If I powered down a Buzzz, it wouldn't flip at that range, but full power forehand with a Buzzz? I'll stick with the Trident, since I generally want a straight flight, followed by a strong fade to the right when throwing forehand.

Buzzz is a great disc to forehand. I used it on this hole for a long time. Maybe it's the distance that is in my head. The pin seems too far for a gentle poke. I DO prefer a non-beaded midrange for forehands. They just feel better in the hand, better glide (imo), and a low profile helps. It appears beads are not a problem for a lot of the players around here. I do like the flight of a Wasp/Roc3 (crazy similar, imo). Does the Zone have a bead? I've also had success with a Judge forehand. It's like a Wizard but the low profile gives a cleaner release.

It's frustrating that every time someone mentions an over stable disc they are told to clean up their form.
Aaron is an excellent forehand dominant player. He can flick a meteor and a buzzz very well. I think the scenario he is describing is: what disc do you flick when you need to avoid the right side at all costs (Left side for a RHFH) while still holding a tight line.

I agree. I probably need to clean up my FH form and i CAN'T fh OS discs very well. Should i clean up my BH form cuz i dont throw a comet on a 300' dogleg left?

Yeah but when the OP is describing three stable to overstable discs turning over to the right consistently....

Buzzz is a great disc to forehand. I used it on this hole for a long time. Maybe it's the distance that is in my head. The pin seems too far for a gentle poke. I DO prefer a non-beaded midrange for forehands. They just feel better in the hand, better glide (imo), and a low profile helps. It appears beads are not a problem for a lot of the players around here. I do like the flight of a Wasp/Roc3 (crazy similar, imo). Does the Zone have a bead? I've also had success with a Judge forehand. It's like a Wizard but the low profile gives a cleaner release.

Check out a shark3 , i hear those are like a slightly more overstable Roc3 with no bead, could be the answer. Im not sure if the Md3 has a bead or not but that could be another candidate if you feel like spending money on new stuff even though you have the answer already (i know i do).

Fair enough, you are another excellent forehand dominant player. I believe Aaron is referring to hole 10 at Topo', just for a visual.

A Buzzz should work just fine there. That's generally what I throw for RHBH on that hole.

Another option is to stick to LHBH with an understable mid (like a Meteor) powered down. It can stay dead straight down the road and settle pin high for an easy putt. It won't be an ace run, but should make for an easy two.

Opto Trident, by far my favorite due to it's fairway like rim. It fits my hand better than any other mid. If your looking for a stable shot. For understable I like my meteor.

Yea, 220' FH with a Buzzz or Wasp should hold up fine. If yr torquin it over then work some finesse in there.

My favorite midranges to FH are: all of my midranges. Even and especially my *Stingrays. I don't get enough spin quite to get them to turnover and not fade out, but I'm gettin there.

It was the Pain for me for the longest time, but it hasn't been working for me. I've been using a flat Z Buzzz for that shot and parking it.

Latest posts