• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Mid-Range?

yeah, roc is like a wasp that wears into a flippy disc

i choose buzzz, but i also have other discs that fill in the over and under stable slots

rocs have that as an advantage, but you have know "which mold" roc your getting

with a buzzz, you get a buzzz, thats discracts advantage

semantics.

mmmmmmmm k?

yeah I have a DGA Aftershock which is a little bit more stable thank my buzz...il throw a ROC when i come by one, or when i actually have income.haha.

good input.

CORE, ROC, thats what im thinking....are there any UNDERSTABLE mids out there? other than METEOR and GLIDE?

I am in love with my Star Coyote 169 g custom dye, Which has saved my A@$#$ on many occasions. I'm fairly new to the sport and my kill zone with a putter is with in 15-20 feet. The Coyote usually gets me there

....are there any UNDERSTABLE mids out there? other than METEOR and GLIDE?

Gateway's Element is supposed to be dead straight. But will flip a bit if you crank it. It's the supposed to be like a sort of beat up Roc. The Element X is a more stable version.

I picked up an Element the other day. Haven't thrown it yet. But I'm excited to! :)

comet for understable, which you have thrown. fuse is getting some positive hype for a similar disc.

Core plastics

For the core.........Weight of choice? I prefer heavier mids 172-175
Plastic of choice, i don't throw any discs other than discraft/innova. I actually had to look up who made the core, and do own a striker, which i think is the same company, but i don't throw it

Plastic of choice, and how does the stability effect each.

thanks for the help and sorry for the thread jack

Opto is great. Very durable and more stable than the Core's in Goldline. Only downside is that they are pretty clear and can be a b*tch to find. If you can find a Sparkle that would be good. It's like a better Champion. Maybe a little more grip.

Goldline is sweet-looking, and comes in easier to find colors, but is a little less stable than the Opto I have. Still has some stability, but if you have a decent arm it can be turned over easier. It can get a little slick when wet.

I think their both good. I carry one of each in my bag. Both are durable as can be. I haven't even really dinged them up yet, and I hit a LOT of trees. Buy one of each and sell or trade what you don't like. Or just keep the least favorite as a backup.

Excellent

After today the Nebula may be my favorite. Hit a basket off the drive the second time I ever threw it.

montgomery-burns-700445.gif

I've been a committed Roc thrower for some time. I keep 4 in my bag at different stages of wear.

I've recently been experimenting with Gateway's Element midrange (in Evolution plastic.) I think it's a great "touch" disc. It's far less forgiving on OAT than my Rocs are, but I sort of like that, as it's forcing me to clean up my release. It flies a lot like my 2nd-to-most beat in Roc. At 70% power, it goes straight, stays straight, and only fades at the very end. At 100%, it flips over and holds its line.

What I like about it more than I do my comparable Roc is the durability. I'm always afraid to beat up that particular disc too much (I throw DX), and leave my bag with a hole in the "touch" mid slot. The Element takes hits and keeps on coming. I SMASHED a tree with it yesterday, and seriously, I couldn't find the spot on the rim where it hit. Pretty impressive.

I'm going to check out the Element X with my next round of plastic purchases. If it can take the place of my newer Rocs, I will seriously consider switching.

Comet is my favorite mid (favorite disc for that matter), hands down. I like it 177g in X and Z plastic. I just love to watch Comets fly.

I am slowly converting to a Mako though.....dont tell anyone because mako1time doesnt sound as cool. But damn that is a sweet disc

I was using a Breeze for forehand flicks, a Glide for get-out-of-jail shots, and a Roc as my go-to. Then I put a Coyote in my bag just to try it out and it's proving itself indispensible for all sorts of stuff, esp longer-range upshots, wind-fighting, etc. That Coyote should be replacing the Roc pretty soon now.

That's good, because there is a bucket of good Buzzzes out there for every good Z Wasp.

Touche'.

Hey man, I'm headin' to Clearwater in a couple weeks. I have 2 courses planned...Cliff Stephens and Coachmen. I'm stayin at the Marriott, Sand Key. Are there any other close courses worth attention?

Too hard to pick a single favorite midrange...I'm like the OP, I love throwing mids. Here are my faves:

Rancho Rocs
Pro Line Spiders
Z Buzzz

I absolutely love ESP Buzzz. I can get it to do anything I want to. Ive been throwing my DX Roc alot more and am starting to like it a whole lot. I think im gonna by a X Comet also

I just started about a year ago and I love the FLX Drone. Whenever I bring this disc out, I am one with the disc. I almost never have a bad shot with it. Unfortunately, I can't use it for turnover shots.

Latest posts