• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorites-one per state

TN - The Sinks
WI - Brown Deer or Dretzka its a toss up
KY - Keriakes (but I know there are better, I just havent played them yet. I consider Keriakes better than Freeman Lake as it stands right now

OR - The best course I've played is Pier Park, but I'm sure that will change once I play Milo on the 14th. (My birthday)

WA - Dalaiwood

NY - Baker Park (The only one I played while visiting but it was really nice)

North Carolina is the only state I've played enough courses to an accurate answer.

NC - Ashe County Park
SC - Winthrop
TN - Victor Ashe
KY - Keriakes (sp?)
VA - Bryan Park
FL - Cliff Stephens
GA - Lake Olmstead
MI - Kensington Toboggan

My favorite course in Illinois that I have played is probably Lippold Park just outedging Bevier, but I have not played very many courses in Illinois, only something like 8. Ellison Park in Rochester, NY is great too.

Just looking at the ten states that I've played...

Colorado - haven't played that much but I'd go with Pueblo City Park
Illinois - Wildcat Springs in Hamilton.
Iowa - Walnut Ridge in Des Moines.
Kansas - Peter Pan Park in Emporia
Missouri - Water Works Park in Kansas City
Minnesota - I know there's better courses up there than the one in Shakopee but rain limited my DG'ing time while up there.
Nebraska - Chatauqua Park in Beatrice
Oklahoma - Hunter Park in Tulsa. Haven't played it since it was redesigned.
Texas - Lake Lewisville in Lewisville. Need to get back to DFW sometime.
Wisconsin - Plamann Park 18 in Appleton. Don't think I got a full sampling of what WI courses offer either. Need another trip up here.

Gotta visit Highbridge before you rank Wisconsin courses. Sandy Point might be the most fun par 3 course. Of course, "favorite", "best" and "most fun" could be three different courses in a state.

Last edited:
check my list

Is that the only course you played in NC?

I think it's kentwood, cedar, and something lakes. I had the most fun at kentwood. I plan on making a trip there sometime soon, likely going to hit everything east of 95. so I'm sure this will change. The great thing about these list is it's based on personal favs based on what players like and what they have played. Some one wants to start a best overall course one from every state thread and I bet the lists will change.

DFevens is the Best in massachusetts sorry Maple Hill fans!

Played 3 in Massachusetts of those I liked Devens over Maple Hill and Borderland. All of those are great courses though. Far superior to anything in Jersey and top notch IMHO for anyplace on Earth. I also played Wickham Park in Connecticut ....wow what an underrated gem that one is!

Devens is the Best in massachusetts sorry Maple Hill fans!

Played 3 in Massachusetts of those I liked Devens over Maple Hill and Borderland. All of those are great courses though. Far superior to anything in Jersey and top notch IMHO for anyplace on Earth. I also played Wickham Park in Connecticut ....wow what an underrated gem that one is!

My updated list

Alabama-Monte Sano
Florida-Tuscawilla
Georgia-Tom Triplett
MD-Seneca
NC-Brackett's Bluff
PA-Moraine
SC-Timmons
TN-Warriors Path

CO - Beaver Ranch/Conifer Park

A close second was Colorado Mountain College - Glenwood. A lot of people rated Ft. Collins high, which it deserves, but for those who haven't played Conifer or Glenwood, give them a shot. P.S. Glenwood also has one of the largest hot spring pools in the world.

forgot Ohio...

Alabama-Monte Sano
Florida-Tuscawilla
Georgia-Tom Triplett
MD-Seneca
NC-Brackett's Bluff
Ohio-Roscoe Ewing
PA-Moraine
SC-Timmons
TN-Warriors Path

I've played about 30 Wisconsin courses and have to pick ..

Winter Park in Kewaunee.

Some other courses are close behind like UW Parkside, Standing Rocks, Dretzka, Brown Deer, Silver Creek, Vallarta Ast. I havn't played Sandy Point or anything at Highbridge yet though.

I think it's kentwood, cedar, and something lakes. I had the most fun at kentwood. I plan on making a trip there sometime soon, likely going to hit everything east of 95. so I'm sure this will change. The great thing about these list is it's based on personal favs based on what players like and what they have played. Some one wants to start a best overall course one from every state thread and I bet the lists will change.

fair enough, when you do come down here and if my schedule complies I'd love to show you around some of the better courses in NC, there are a lot.