• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FD/Fairway Disc/Dark Rebel/Hawkeye

$28 for one disc shipped… certainly Discmania pricing, lol. I did buy one because I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

I got one FD and another disc and was charged $6 shipping. So not too terrible. I know my local shop is gonna charge $25-30 for these anyways so it 'a whatever. Hopefully stock stamp ones come out soon and sell for slightly less.
Anyone thrown these yet?

$28 for one disc shipped… certainly Discmania pricing, lol. I did buy one because I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

for some reason I think shipping is cheaper if you order 2 discs. I also only paid $6 for shipping 2 like the poster above me

I think I paid $45 for two of them total with tax and shipping. I bet if I waited to find a couple locally they would be $24 each and tax on top of that so I probably saved money buying them direct from Innova.

Now I just have to hope they fly like my old s-line FD's.

I think I paid $45 for two of them total with tax and shipping. I bet if I waited to find a couple locally they would be $24 each and tax on top of that so I probably saved money buying them direct from Innova.

Now I just have to hope they fly like my old s-line FD's.

My gift card was $40… I put a couple of DX Teebird s in (that I'd probably never throw) and the total was $10 more with the $6 shipping. I decided to just overpay for the one disc I'll use.

Geeze, they're even following the DM limited run goofy name model. I didn't realize this was gonna be a $25 disc. I reckon I'll go feel one up at the shop and grab one anyway. Not like I really need another one but ....S-FD!

For the immediate future I'd expect these re-releases all to be limited runs. Gotta figure they're wanting to take advantage of the fact that the DM molded ones aren't available right now, so why not charge a premium price?

The stamp and naming is kinda goofy but it's pretty obvious they're intentional and either mocking DM or trying to beat them at their own game.

The good news in all this…maybe we'll see some of the OG DM re-released in new unique blends at some point. Aka metal flake, luster, or color glow control disc 2.

It's wild that these are not protostars, not tour or signature series or somehow associated with a custom line, just a disc. And they are charging a super-premium for them.

Again, so glad I filled out my bag and collection pre-pandemic

It's interesting that they are calling these as Original FD's even though the rim looks to be slightly sharper. Maybe a slightly different top for these?

For the immediate future I'd expect these re-releases all to be limited runs. Gotta figure they're wanting to take advantage of the fact that the DM molded ones aren't available right now, so why not charge a premium price?

The stamp and naming is kinda goofy but it's pretty obvious they're intentional and either mocking DM or trying to beat them at their own game.

The good news in all this…maybe we'll see some of the OG DM re-released in new unique blends at some point. Aka metal flake, luster, or color glow control disc 2.

Let me preface this with I'm a DM hater. The PD is the only mold of theirs I gave a chance but ffff the anhyzer top. So I'm biased.

That said, if this whole thread is about how "this isn't the same as the OG FD" what makes you think any other release will look or fly the same as the OG DM mold?

I doubt they would tweak the mold in any way unless there is a legal issue.

I'm assuming these are OG FDs and they resubmitted to PDGA to approve it under a different name and manufacturer. Any variation in measurements is most likely just molding variability in the disc sent in.

I haven't held one in person but…Occam's razor

Latest posts