• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Fill a bag with only Discmania!

mutteriwiritys

Birdie Member
Go go! List discs that you would choose if you should fill a bag with only Discmania discs. Also tell WHY those discs.

Planning to get only-discmania-bag for summer.

I've personally been thinking of a setup like this:

- D-P3
- MD2/GM/MD3
- S-FD
- C-FD
- P-PD
- S-TD

I'm also interested about CD and DD, but I'm not sure if there will be an overlap with the PD then. My goal is to keep my bag very simple.

flat
honestly my rocs are just as good but MD2 is good at certain other little things, its a tiny bit more OS so the turns are more gradual I guess

Ken was using one when they came out but in his last ITB video I don't remember seeing it.

Anyway if I had to use only discmania my bag would look like this

Pro p2 x2
S p2
C md2 x2 hopefully one beat to $h/+
Maybe a md1 for under stable stuff
S fd x2
C fd
S pd x3
C pd
Pd2

P-P2
S-P2 x2
C-P3
C-MD2
P-MD2
C-TD x2
C-PD
P-DD
C-DD x2

I tried this with the following:

TD2
TD
FD
MD2
P2

I've gotten rid of all of them except the TD. They all required more oomph than I am capable of, and flew like meathooks and bricks, even though there were all under 172.

I've also discovered that I can't get a good grip on Star plastic.

Good luck with your adventure.

Putter: D P3
Turnover mid: P-MD2
Workhorse mid: Opaque flat C-MD2
Under stable/neutral fairway: S-FD
Stable/OS fairway: C-FD
Distance driver: S-CD or C-TD
OS wind distance/utility: C-PD

I haven't thrown a P-PD, I hear they do a lot of nice things, and I STILL haven't beat the over stability out of my S-PD enough to use it as a primary distance driver. And I don't have the snap for anything g faster than that.

This would probably be a pretty good bag for me, if I liked the pro and d plastic I'd probably try it.

So I got 'warned' for my original posting and had it deleted for 'trolling' because mashie had nothing better to do with his time. Let's see if it happens again.

My original post:

"Um. No."

Clearly didn't add to the discussion. It insinuates that I have no interest in throwing Discmania. Apparently it was too succinct. Let me be more clear:

I have no interest in throwing Discmania.

I had a couple of FD's because the numbers sounded cool. The 3rd run C-Line flew nothing like it claimed, and I was too scared to throw the D because I knew I'd never be able to replace it. I tried contacting Discmania in August because I wanted to see if there was any chance that they'd be making D-Lines available to the US or if there was any way to buy them in bulk over here. I received an automated response that their one customer service rep was on vacation until September. It's November, and nothing. I'm not the only one this has happened to, or I'd chalk it up to how unimportant I am. They mold inconsistent discs through Innova and don't give a damn about their customer base, so I'll steer clear of throwing their discs. The Jackal and MD-2 were the only ones I ever had any interest in anyway.

I'll stick with the bag I have. Thanks.

Nice to hear. Ken Climo uses C-MD2 flat.

If I recall, those were USDGC C MD2s, which are different than what became the production MD2. It was apparently a better at turnovers...but this is all old info that I read once, so who knows.

I also read that the old Christmas P MD2s are the same mold as the aforementioned USDGC C MD2s. I have one of the XMas P Lines, and while I can't say it looks much different, the plastic is far superior to the production P MD2s that I've felt...and the flight is amazing too. Turnovers to 300' easy.

But, back to the OP:

C PD2
C DD2
CFR C PD
C PD
S PD x3 (fresh, seasoned, beat)
C FD x2 (one flat, one domey)
S FD (domey)
C MD3
C MD2 x3 (fresh, seasoned, beat)
P MD2 (XMas)
S P2
D P2 x2 (one fresh, on beat)
P P2 (Putts)

Why? Because it works :) this is pretty much my current bag setup.

So I got 'warned' for my original posting and had it deleted for 'trolling' because mashie had nothing better to do with his time. Let's see if it happens again.

My original post:

"Um. No."

Clearly didn't add to the discussion. It insinuates that I have no interest in throwing Discmania. Apparently it was too succinct. Let me be more clear:

I had a couple of FD's because the numbers sounded cool. The 3rd run C-Line flew nothing like it claimed, and I was too scared to throw the D because I knew I'd never be able to replace it. I tried contacting Discmania in August because I wanted to see if there was any chance that they'd be making D-Lines available to the US or if there was any way to buy them in bulk over here. I received an automated response that their one customer service rep was on vacation until September. It's November, and nothing. I'm not the only one this has happened to, or I'd chalk it up to how unimportant I am. They mold inconsistent discs through Innova and don't give a damn about their customer base, so I'll steer clear of throwing their discs. The Jackal and MD-2 were the only ones I ever had any interest in anyway.

Why even comment on here?

For what it's worth, you gotta ask the right people. I've talked with certain folks at Discmania and have received immediate replies, and even privileged info. It's all in who you ask and how you ask it.

Being that Discmania doesn't have that many molds, it would be easy to just throw a couple of everything in there and call it a day, lol.

However, I imagine you're talking about a minimalist setup so here's what I'd do.

Putters: P2's for 99% of shots and probably 1 P3 for ultility.

Mids: A couple MD2's for most shots, an MD3, and a GM for utility OS shots

Drivers: FD for understable/control shots, PD's for Stable/OS shots, and DD2's for big distance. Possibly a PD2 for utility OS shots if playing in lots of wind.

My original post:

"Um. No."

I currently have no Discmania in my bag, but the question was if you were to make a Discmaina bag what would you use? I have thrown enough of their discs to know what kind of bag I would want if I did, so I commented.

Putter: D P3
Turnover mid: P-MD2
Workhorse mid: Opaque flat C-MD2
Under stable/neutral fairway: S-FD
Stable/OS fairway: C-FD
Distance driver: S-CD or C-TD
OS wind distance/utility: C-PD

I haven't thrown a P-PD, I hear they do a lot of nice things, and I STILL haven't beat the over stability out of my S-PD enough to use it as a primary distance driver. And I don't have the snap for anything g faster than that.

This would probably be a pretty good bag for me, if I liked the pro and d plastic I'd probably try it.
This is just the setup I've been thinking of, and which I posted eariler in this topic. Nice to see that someone else thinks same as me :D. I'm just not sure which ones to choose for +10 speed drivers. There's PD, CD, and a TD to choose from. I know there's also DD and DD2 but I don't like wide rimmed drivers so they are out of question at the moment. If someone who has thrown those drivers could give me advice which ones to choose with what plastic, it would be nice.

Latest posts