• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FINALLY! got that Course

NateDiscFlip

Double Eagle Member
Anyone out there meet a goal on a monster course and care to share?

A buddy and I finally made par or better on a doubles round from the longs at Oshtemo, MI. Every hole is possible, but putting together the round is very tough. We shot neg 1 but in hind site we could of been neg -7, WHICH is unheard of for a course like this....bottom line...putting

good times though, only took us like 25 rounds. but for those of you out there that arent compete ballers and know this course, you know where I am coming from.:thmbup:

Now it is time for singles under par. but glad to get that off the backs.:hfive:

Sweet, way to go homey.

I was on my way to conquering Castle Hayne, came w/n 1-2 over par, then I graduated school and had to move away. :(

Now every time I visit there I get my butt kicked from being rusty.

My goal wasn't so much course related as it is hole related.

10c19dd0_m.jpg

That's hole 8 at Arboretum, my home course. It's one of those holes where as I grew into better form I'd watch my discs get further and further down the fairway. I always wanted to put a drive pin deep. I always told myself, if I can just park this hole (425'), I will be content distance-wise. I remember when my drives were falling off around that small shrub to the left. Then I started getting under the first big tree. Last fall I had a few sweet throws with a worn Teebird that landed in between the two big trees, which is how I got my first birdie on it. It took me until this season to finally park it, and it felt ****ing great to accomplish a specific goal I set out to do long ago.

Now I just need to deuce hole #10 short and #11 long and I'll be happy with what I've done at that course :D Might be another year before that happens.

Sweet, way to go homey.

I was on my way to conquering Castle Hayne, came w/n 1-2 over par, then I graduated school and had to move away. :(

Now every time I visit there I get my butt kicked from being rusty.

as for you bro dave, i will guess you are one disc away from the quest. Bet! now what disc? and putting great in a bad azz course is tough...even 10 footers

BroDave....I just checked that course and that is NASTY...slightly domie ESP Flash or SurgeSS Z with slight dome, or Franken Valk!:thmbup:

or old trusty Stalker Z 176

in love with those teepads though....looks VERY technical!:thmbup: Z ......Luck is a necessity:thmbup:

as for you bro dave, i will guess you are one disc away from the quest. Bet! now what disc? and putting great in a bad azz course is tough...even 10 footers

I have a 50/50 chance of getting this right... Hmmm, I'm gonna go Stalker, no Rhyno, ****, I give up. :|

Edit: Yeah, it's super technical. Even though it's got some length, there aren't a lot of holes where you can comfortably throw a distance line, it's all placement. It's also nearly impossible to shoot well if you don't have a decent FH too.

np. It's funny how much difference putts can make. You can drive sloppy and score well if you hit your putts, while you can also park holes and turn them into 3's or 4's if you miss the putt. I've had more of the latter than I'd like to admit :D

This is me too.

I have been wanting to park and birdie the 380'+ holes on one of my home courses Burns Park-Blue Course.
The first one that I got was #12. The distance is actually 400' now.
d7893529.jpg

I got it with a beat up teebird on a hyzer-flip to turnover up the left side.

Later, in the same round, I got hole #15 with the same teebird
2a6874b8.jpg

The next hole I conquered was #16, the actual distance is now about 385'. The 420' position is used in tournaments for the pros.
c34809f5.jpg

Did this one with a Leopard hyzer-flip to turnover.

Still haven't got hole #4, 5, or 9 long yet.

#5 is particularly tough, I have never seen a 2 on it, although I have come close to making a 40-60' putt.
98d0b417.jpg

It is downhill, and the trees are in the way of a direct shot at the basket. You have to keep the disc really low to get there.

np. It's funny how much difference putts can make. You can drive sloppy and score well if you hit your putts, while you can also park holes and turn them into 3's or 4's if you miss the putt. I've had more of the latter than I'd like to admit :D

This exactly.

In the last several weeks I have been keeping very close look at my scores thanks to the scorebook feature on this site. For the most part I have been at my average for the courses I play a lot at. However, my average putts per hole has skyrocket because I have lost all faith in my putting. I am now missing several 15-20 footers because I have no confidence whatsoever. The latest round which was actually a league event, I carried four different putters in my bag and switched to straddle putting. It helped a little, saving me two or three putts per round I would have missed earlier in the week, but it is mostly a psychological hang-up.

While I have been playing average, if I could have gotten back those putts I would have made in the past, I am actually playing the equivilant to three to four throws lower than my average. My driving has tremendously improved in the last months (at least in the way of staying in the fairway, out of trouble, and still maintaining my distance) but my putting has tremendously gone south.

I wouldn't stir you wrong...the honest truth...ESP Cyclone 176...most manipulative disc in the game.

Some one on here gave that advice...think Mike C..thx bro

Good, I prefer to be shaken, not stirred. :p

ESP Cyclone over the Stalker? Borderline blasphemy.

And jongoff, after looking at those pictures, my advice to you is learn to throw rollers.

And jongoff, after looking at those pictures, my advice to you is learn to throw rollers.

Yea, rollers are good on some holes on this course, but most have ditches/creeks that cross the fairways that have to be flown over. Out of the pics I posted, holes 5 and 16 have one that crosses the fairway. All of the holes I mentioned, except for 12, has OB somewhere on the hole. Either long, left, or right, or even multiple OB's. So a roller that goes bad for some reason can easily find its way into OB.

Nice shooting Jongoff, those are a lot tougher looking than the hole I posted, which is a little too open for my tastes.

This exactly.

In the last several weeks I have been keeping very close look at my scores thanks to the scorebook feature on this site.

Speaking of the scorebook, if you look at mine you'll see I make note of missed putts and putts I make, unless it's something like a 10' drop-in putt. This is nice because I can go back to a round and see that if I would of sunk a few more 30-40' putts that are certainly do-able but not guaranteed makes, I could of had 5 points taken off my score. So much of the round comes down to how you putt.

10c19dd0_m.jpg

That's hole 8 at Arboretum, my home course. It's one of those holes where as I grew into better form I'd watch my discs get further and further down the fairway. I always wanted to put a drive pin deep. I always told myself, if I can just park this hole (425'), I will be content distance-wise. I remember when my drives were falling off around that small shrub to the left. Then I started getting under the first big tree. Last fall I had a few sweet throws with a worn Teebird that landed in between the two big trees, which is how I got my first birdie on it. It took me until this season to finally park it, and it felt ****ing great to accomplish a specific goal I set out to do long ago.

Now I just need to deuce hole #10 short and #11 long and I'll be happy with what I've done at that course :D Might be another year before that happens.

I think my best throws there land somewhere around that first tree. Other times, I have sent a disc off to the right in a headwind when not paying attention and winding up with just about as long second shot.

I have parked, or at least come as close to parking this hole as I would like, since there is a drop off behind the basket.

Roscoe Ewing
Hole 3 long
325'

If you see the little pine tree behind the tree line dead in front of you, there is a tree line just like that one only double deep next to that little pine tree and just 10' shorter kind of forming around a "valley", with the hole behind the 2nd treeline and the pine tree has at least doubled that size I think as it will catch some nicely lined shots.
40b1adae.jpg

Got there with an X XL and have since used a Pro Leopard to get to right next to the pine tree. Its tricky cause, turn it over too much and you wind up on the near side of that treeline and to close to it to get over. Its actually better to not turn enough and go past the pine tree as far as getting looks at the basket.

Im still working on hole 1 at Roscoe from the longs, as a distance goal at 375' wanting to park it. Thinking that might happen next year, but dreading the post winter loss of distance I had this year.
916dcd03.jpg

while you can also park holes and turn them into 3's or 4's if you miss the putt. I've had more of the latter than I'd like to admit :D

seems like you are being very liberal with the term "parked". i consider a hole that is parked a no doubter for a putt, no option of missing it or bogeying the hole.

seems like you are being very liberal with the term "parked". i consider a hole that is parked a no doubter for a putt, no option of missing it or bogeying the hole.

I'm with this guy. If you can't reach out and touch the basket or if you actually have to throw your disc and not just drop it in. You are not PARKED.

Latest posts