• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

Just downloaded the iphone app and played my first round. I LOVE IT! I would 100% pay for a version that keeps stats from each distance and scores over time

This is a great way to add structure and variety to putting practice. I just played for the first time today, and will most definitely be playing again

Does anyone have the contact info for the developer? I can't seem to find an e-mail, etc.

Nice to see people still do JYLY!

I haven't changed anything in the code of the "gray JYLYs" in the past three years, just regular checks to make sure the sites stay alive. Just tested both of them, and even the three-year-old apk installed fine and returned from minimized just fine.

I've been using the app for our indoor putting league this year (used the web based last year)

Very easy to use and nice UI presentation. I would like to see a few features though: ability to save/review past scores, and putting% from each distance for an entire game.

There are (or at least were, it really has been a while [emoji14] ) several webapps circling about but at least jyly.altervista.org shows the combined statistics on Stats page as well as individual round stats on Stats -> Chart and then tapping on the nodes themselves on the graph.

Last edited:
Hi, I've gone through most of this thread as well as poking around on the internet looking for the excel sheet. Can anyone share it please, or point me in the right direction?

Dear app developer,

What do we have to do to convince you to take our money ha ha! Seriously, I think most would pay an annual small fee or $4.99 for a permanent solution to keeping scoring records. Link it to other players and you can charge more.

Nice to see people still do JYLY!

I haven't changed anything in the code of the "gray JYLYs" in the past three years, just regular checks to make sure the sites stay alive. Just tested both of them, and even the three-year-old apk installed fine and returned from minimized just fine.
This is exactly why I'm looking for the spreadsheet.

Option b is to cool my scatterbrain and focus but that's a tougher sell

I'd been responding in the 100 putts a day thread. Trying to post here when I play a JYLY round to just... see how it goes. Maybe others can do same. As mentioned in other thread: I alternate 2 baskets each set of 5, reversing direction. One a very small uphill grade, other opposite.

I've done the JYLY Long putting game using 11-15 m spots the past two nights. Yesterday I needed work in wind from C2 so decided to do this while the weather is riled up. I've been doing well in calm conditions competitively lately but went 0% and 9% in a C Tier 10/13, short putting held up well in the wind with 89/88 splits C1X. In calm this weekend I had 25/33 splits in rated rounds C2. Last night my JYLY in the wind matched the ugly from the wind events %s from 10-15: 10-30-10-x-0-0. Only one high point set - a 4/5 from 36. 184 points.

Wind calmed down some, slight breeze tonight. Took a bit more time to warm up than I did last night, taking about 75 from 6-9 m. Found my spring/launch which was a relief. I've been very confident but after feeling uncomfortable in wind yesterday - was up and down over 10 holes of play today. Good to grab it. JYLY long set %s from 10-15: x-57-40-20-20-27. First time I've stayed off the 0 spot playing the long version. I was at the 15 m spot 3 times and hit at least 1 each time. The numbers at 36 felt so strong I got briefly nervous. 498 points, my second best score on long.

Right, just to address a few things that have popped up:

• There is multiplayer. The pink button allows adding more players. Stats will be based on "player 0", aka the user of the app.
  • The hamburger icon on the right hides some settings. You can change your name there, if you entered one whilst setting up a multiplayer game (won't be there otherwise).
  • I'll probably add a m -> ft conversion, but it'll be display only and round the meter values to the nearest foot.
  • There's no Android/iOS app and there never will be. It currently stores everything on your device and technically works offline (don't refresh the page, though). I'm still building/improving the site and in the end, it'll be a progressive web app and work completely offline.
  • Custom games are coming soon. You'll be able to pick any of the three rulesets and tweak some details, like number of rounds or putters.

If anyone knows of some putting games that I could add to those 3, I'd love to hear about 'em. I did try adding some games that used a single putter or two, and constantly fiddling with my phone was a real drag. 5 putter jyly is very nice, though. Just something to keep in mind.

Right, just to address a few things that have popped up:

• There is multiplayer. The pink button allows adding more players. Stats will be based on "player 0", aka the user of the app.
  • The hamburger icon on the right hides some settings. You can change your name there, if you entered one whilst setting up a multiplayer game (won't be there otherwise).
  • I'll probably add a m -> ft conversion, but it'll be display only and round the meter values to the nearest foot.
  • There's no Android/iOS app and there never will be. It currently stores everything on your device and technically works offline (don't refresh the page, though). I'm still building/improving the site and in the end, it'll be a progressive web app and work completely offline.
  • Custom games are coming soon. You'll be able to pick any of the three rulesets and tweak some details, like number of rounds or putters.

If anyone knows of some putting games that I could add to those 3, I'd love to hear about 'em. I did try adding some games that used a single putter or two, and constantly fiddling with my phone was a real drag. 5 putter jyly is very nice, though. Just something to keep in mind.
It's a fairly simple routine I'd love to be able to keep stats with...
I like to start at 5m and then just move closer by 1m with every putt I miss and move 1m further with every putt I make. I have flags to 15m, but usually stop at 9m and then advance back in to 5m. I just keep looping until a set total number or number of makes.
Options that'd make it great: choose length of session and by makes or total attempts... set a maximum distance so that putt tracking follows back to the start if you loop. And then at the end simply have stats for putting rates from each distance.

I agree with what you mean about entering putts too often. I would probably enter my numbers about every ten putts.