• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2021

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Well, has anyone else played a round in 2021 yet? I'm pretty sure some of our European and Australian friends have. How about anyone in the USA?

I just got off of KMDGC after playing a mix up round (meaning I only played holes on the front of the property). Used a Champ Aviar P&A and a Z Buzzz, each with a single LED taped to it. No lights on the baskets as once I was within putting range the partially cloud covered moon was enough light. I threw 4 down with 5 birds and a bogey. This is about right considering the conditions, and the combo of holes being on the short side.

picture.php

What did anyone else do for their first round of the new year? Be blessed and have fun in 21!

Jim

Last edited:
I've got a 1 disc challenge against some friends at between 11 and noon. Trying to decide between my Breaker or my Luna as the longest hole is a 270' anny shot.

We had a lot of rain the last two days here in south Texas... I'm hoping to go out tomorrow, but it is going to be soggy no matter what course I hit up.

Happy New Year.

I'll have to wait until the 3rd. May do a glow round though to kick things off right.

It's wet and cold, just got back from 2 weeks in Florida where things were a bit warmer. Got a tan, think it was 83 degrees yesterday. Gave my place there to some friends for the winter. They are from way up north where it's really sucky cold. I will play later today. I will pretend it is 83, sunny with a soft breeze.........Might even wear shorts.

It's wet and cold, just got back from 2 weeks in Florida where things were a bit warmer. Got a tan, think it was 83 degrees yesterday. Gave my place there to some friends for the winter. They are from way up north where it's really sucky cold. I will play later today. I will pretend it is 83, sunny with a soft breeze.........Might even wear shorts.

We have 1/4" ice on everything. Trees coming down, power outages... you all with clear weather, play one for me. I'm in withdrawal.

Great round to start out my 2021. I have a 9 hole course about 5 minutes from my house. Awesome woods course but gets even better after it rains. Hole #2 is really pretty when there's water in the creek.

90c84df06d80bce7d1c769f451e5a098.jpg

Been playing speed 4 or lower rounds the last few weeks. Rocs, they are like drivers now. Had me a lovely par round today.

I've learned to not get greedy, go with the flow. Yeah, I made par on a course I've gone 7 down on, but re-learning the approach game has been eye opening. It has been, and will do me good.

Well, has anyone else played a round in 2021 yet? I'm pretty sure some of our European and Australian friends have.

I played a one disc quick nine holes at 7:30am on the 1st. I'm in Melbourne, Australia and claiming that as the first round of 2021 until someone in New Zealand takes it off me :)

I'll let you guys know in April when I play my first round! Call me whatcha want, but I don't like to disc in the snow.

It's not that I can't handle the cold or the snow. I just have snow/winter specific hobbies that take over in the snowy months.

Played this morning. It was the best of times and the worst of times. Couldn't make a putt. But got to play a round. That's always good.

Played a round yesterday morning.

We probably went a little earlier than we should have so it was fairly cold for the first several holes. Grip issues got the best of me on the third hole and two OB throws and a missed putt gave me a +3 on that hole. Warmed up as we continued on so my game improved but still not the best round.

Funny how even a bad day on the course is still a lot of fun.

Played my first one today and shot -6 at Etowah. I was really wet but still a very pretty day.

Attachments

• 6D0A3180-6A7A-40C4-BEE7-74132ED8AEBE.jpg
    6D0A3180-6A7A-40C4-BEE7-74132ED8AEBE.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 20
So it was a balmy 59 degrees, sported the shorts just for you. No rain, just wet from yesterday. There was a breeze. Damn fine day for my first round.

We have 1/4" ice on everything. Trees coming down, power outages... you all with clear weather, play one for me. I'm in withdrawal.

Took me 2 days in to the year, but I got in my first round today. Played with my kid who is just getting started, so extra special. Plus it was a new course to me giving me my first review of the year.

Good start for 2021!