• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2022

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Happy new year everyone. May you all be richly blessed in 2022.

I've started a thread like this for about ten years now. Unfortunately, I won't be on the course after the ball drops as I have been previously. I ended up with the flu (not Covid) and it's really dragging me down. I don't even feel like walking out and playing one hole.

Anyway, would still love to hear when you get to play your first rounds of the new year and how they went. I wonder who will be the first DGCR member to complete a round.

Be well. Jim

I would so love to get out and throw a round on January 1 but due to the fact that it is snowing and I have nerve issues that get worse with cold weather I likely won';t get out. This sucks but I will play all twelve months of 20222.!

I won't be playing for a while with an impending heart bypass, but on the positive side our local league hit the 1000th consecutive week milestone last Saturday (Christmas) so we will be starting strong later today at 1001.

I won't be playing for a while with an impending heart bypass, but on the positive side our local league hit the 1000th consecutive week milestone last Saturday (Christmas) so we will be starting strong later today at 1001.

10 years ago I had a quadruple bypass at the age of 50. Being this young probably helped but I throw my first disc 5 weeks after my surgery. Took it slow at first but after 8 weeks I took advantage of my disability time off and went on a 5 day roadtrip playing maybe two courses a day. Took about 6 months to get back to full action. I was amazed at how short the recovery period was.

It's quite wet and dreary in the Detroit area today, and I don't enjoy playing wet, muddy courses and constantly wiping discs.

But I was inspired by Jim's 1st round of the year thread, and Flyguy's pick up your trash thread (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140777).

So today, I'm taking a trash bag to Cass Benton Hills and walking the course to pick up anything that doesn't belong.

With the giant swath of weather crossing the states today, my hope to drive south to play somewhere warm & dry was dashed. Typically on long weekends I will drive south to get away from the cold & snow, but nothing within 6 to 7 hours away fit the bill.

Not going to play my first 2022 round today. Single digit temps aren't my cup of tea. Probably try and get out tomorrow when it's back up to about 40.

I had rotator cuff surgery 3 weeks ago. I'm hoping to throw by the first weekly dubs at my local course 3/17. I've never gone this long without throwing since I picked up the game in 1978.

First round of 2022 today at PJ Irvin in sleet that never quite turned to snow.

Started with a bogey, then 5 birdies, then a double bogey.

Ended -1 and didn't wipe out in the wetness. That's a win.

Played Northwest River Park in Cheasapeake, Virginia. Temps pushing 80 and it felt good. I was supposed to take my 8-year-old Grandson with me, but he broke his arm on his new Hoverboard. I bought him a practice basket for Christmas, I think I'll show him how to putt with his left arm like his Papa, and maybe build on it.

Anyway, would still love to hear when you get to play your first rounds of the new year and how they went. I wonder who will be the first DGCR member to complete a round.

Be well. Jim

I definitely wasn't the first, but I was able to break away briefly and throw a full round in the backyard around lunch today. I played bad and finished one over par.

Played (and won) a triples tournament today. It was cold and windy, but it was a good time. Was a different format where all team members drove, but whoever's drive was taken was not allowed to throw the rest of the hole. The remaining two team members played best shot doubles for the completion of the hole.

Finished my last round of 2021 just after midnight, it was very foggy and slight drizzle and mild. I was at the top of the world hole at Creeping Creek at the stroke of midnight to bring in 2022. Played the first Tiki round of 2022 just after that and Aced Tiki hole 1 and set new course record -1. :)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.49.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.49.03 PM.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1218.jpg
    IMG_1218.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 111
Yesterday, on my last hole of 2021, I got a 9.

In today's round, I got revenge on that hole with a 4.

I'd like to have a better year his year, and my philosophy is, if you have to set the bar somewhere, flat on the ground is as good a place as any.

Tried a new to me course only it was 9 holes and easy (if I don't nonchalantly miss tapins)...also one hole demolished for aquatic center construction and so an extra teepad got added to hole 9 to compensate.

I finished a week long road trip today, played a pair of courses in Hartselle, Alabama on the way home. My round went well, chained out a pair of ace runs. I eventually caught up to a pair of locals and they invited me to finish the round with them, which is always a treat.

Minnesota in a sub-zero freeze atm, with new snow. Wind chills in the -20s. Maybe this next week.