• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2021

My first round of 2021 was at Athens Regional Park in Tennessee, about 8:30 AM, NY day.

Really nice course with dual full time baskets and dual tees to allow four different playable layouts. Nice mix of woods and open, with some transitional holes and nice elevation. Really reminded me of Seth Burton in WV for those familiar with that reference.

Course was wet from raining all night and there was a constant drizzle during my round, so I just played the short to short layout. Had the weather been nicer, I'd have played short tees to long baskets, or long tees to short baskets.

Good chance I'll hit this course again during another FL road trip, as it's just minutes off I-75, with food and fuel options at that exit.

Last edited:
Yesterday went to my Favorite of my Favorites Munden Point in Virginia Beach. Partly Cloudy low 60's, lots of players on the course. More than I would normally see on a Saturday in the summer.
Munden Point sits on the North Landing River and is very scenic. Number 8 is a postcard hole, and 9 from the long tee is extremely difficult to get off of the tee.
I've spent the past 5 weeks overhauling my form and have progressed to a one-step. It started clicking in during the round and the last 5 holes I have no complaints. So badly wanted to play another round, but it was getting dark.

First round of the new year at Saddle Hills in NTX. Had a bogey free round, shooting -8 (46). My backhand was on point and my FH was stellar. Might be time to start playing local tournaments and see how I fare.

Played a full round with the wife today, well yesterday technically. It went horrendously lol. I might have shot my worst round ever at my local course. Plus 9. I shot a 3 under a few weeks ago I think. I beat me wife who had a 15 over.

Hopefully I'll play a glow round Friday at my other "local" course. Can't really do much worse. :p

Finally got a round in yesterday. +6 was not as bad as I can do on a sunny day. Lost one ghost tree that hides behind the visible tree. Often shots just fall out of the sky, and this tree is a goner. I drove by the course and noticed tee pads were cleared. But when we got there to play, literally the only clear pads were the ones visible from the road, or I would have brought a shovel... it's raining today, but at least it's not more ice.

I played a round on January 1st (fun round at a course I've only played once before) and 3rd (league); with another round to be played today (Jan 6th - league). My first tournament of 2021 is scheduled for February 13th.

Played my first one today and shot -6 at Etowah. I was really wet but still a very pretty day.

-6? You didn't get your money's worth! Bogey golf is where it's at. The scenery. All the extra throw opportunities.

🤣

First round of the new year at Saddle Hills in NTX. Had a bogey free round, shooting -8 (46). My backhand was on point and my FH was stellar. Might be time to start playing local tournaments and see how I fare.

Last tournament there the winning open score was like 51 I think.

I'm sure that was thr long layout, but if you did 46 on that course, you had a very good day.

I hope to get out there soon. Im still recovering from a bad Covid experience over Christmas. Still weak and just feel off but really itching to play. It was a terrible time and I don't wish that on anyone. Stay safe!

Played my first round of 2021 today at Loutsis Park in Carnation, WA. Pretty ho-hum round except for my ace on #13! RHBH 180' dead center on a target I've hit too many times to count but never closed the deal on until today.

1st round and new course at Jenkins Mt at Skyline Brewing
attachment.php

Attachments

• jenkins 5.jpg
    jenkins 5.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 23