• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flip City

Ripper

Double Eagle Member
What's it like this time of the year. You Michiganer's got a foot or two on the ground?

4 or 5 inches on the ground for the past 2 weeks. Just enough to keep me from throwing. Supposed to rain some around the first so maybe in the near future I'll get out. I'm a bit east of Flip though, so I bet they got some more of the lake effect type of snow.

:thmbup:not alot of snow, but enough for ribbons. Cold right now,but 40 by Thursday.I heard 50 Saturday with rain. We are playing wednesday,34,should be great!:thmbup:

Just played it on Thursday. ribbons are helpful. Our discs got buried under the snow a few times. 3-5 inches of snow on the ground. Teepads are snow covered, but manageable too. Weather is supposed to warm up like the others said. It can only get better throughout this next week as the snow melts.

I was about 10 miles from there yesterday. Not playing, just visiting family :\

They got a lot more snow up there than we did down here in Grand Rapids. Seemed like there was 6+ inches everywhere, and we can see our grass down here.

:thmbup:not alot of snow, but enough for ribbons. Cold right now,but 40 by Thursday.I heard 50 Saturday with rain. We are playing wednesday,34,should be great!:thmbup:

I guess that is open to suggestion! :p I think that pic in your album says it all about the conditions up there. The snow looks like its almost to the knees, but anyone from MI knows that's normal. That is hole one's basket at Flip City, right?

12/26/09 as a matter of fact. That is my son on the left and my daughter,s boyfriend on the right, and there both at 6'. I'm 5'4" and the snow was up to my crotch. It is hole 1 at F.C. and one of my favorite pictures. We played that hole in about 10 minutes,and we were done,kicked our a##.The Ice Bowl that year was even more snow.On 6A at the rock pile I was up to my waist. Awsome!:thmbup:

12/26/09 as a matter of fact. That is my son on the left and my daughter,s boyfriend on the right, and there both at 6'. I'm 5'4" and the snow was up to my crotch. It is hole 1 at F.C. and one of my favorite pictures. We played that hole in about 10 minutes,and we were done,kicked our a##.The Ice Bowl that year was even more snow.On 6A at the rock pile I was up to my waist. Awsome!:thmbup:

Ah, ok. I didn't think there was that much snow up there right now! That is a sweet pic. And 6A is hard enough in the middle of summer, can't imagine it with that much snow!