• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Floating Discs

Thats hole # 9 at the Windwood Church course in Houston, TX

Here is hole # 8, and its almost as bad. Miss the putt, and your in the creek behind the basket:

Hole8aWindwood.jpg

Gonna have to go check this course out!

I keep a Wahoo, and a Hydra in my bag. I use my Hydra for putting and approaching on holes like this, where the basket is very close to water:

Hole9Windwood.jpg

I have missed this basket a few times, and have had my disc end up in the creek. The sides of the creek are pretty steep, so the Golden retriever works good at fishing it out.

On this same course, a creek skirts hole 10, and if it goes in down the fairway, there if really no way to see where it goes in. My golden retriever can get floating discs out of the water, so I say they do have their place at some courses. Its nice insurance.

Is this in hays ks?

What I wanna see is a floater actually worth a damn. Or maybe a good meat hook floater. I had a dragon, got tired of waiting for it to come to shore so said screw it and left it. Now I just go dg in swim trunks.

I swear by my Wahoo. You guys that can swim for a disc should consider yourselves lucky. You try that in FL where I live and you could lose a limb or worse. If the gators don't get you, the amoebic meningitis might.

Can't speak for the Dragon, but I haven't noticed any meat hooking from the wahoo

Someone gave a friend of mine 4 disc when he was just starting out about 2 months ago, a dragon, a beast, a teebird, and something else. The dragon is his favorite disc and we have played with a water hazard once. And when it does go in the lake it takes for ever to get back to shore.

Someone gave a friend of mine 4 disc when he was just starting out about 2 months ago, a dragon, a beast, a teebird, and something else. The dragon is his favorite disc and we have played with a water hazard once. And when it does go in the lake it takes for ever to get back to shore.

Get a Golden Retriever disc tool. It helps, even with the floaters.

Latest posts