• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Floodlight Parcours

Trifftnix

We plan to install floodlight on our Course in Ybbs Schleifmuehlbach, Austria , has anybody experience or knows anybody an existing floodlight parcours. ?

You don't want players to be throwing while looking directly into a light.

Don't use omni-directional lights. Install shielding so the light only goes one direction. Make sure the lights point the same direction as the throws and put them up as high as you can.

One light behind the tee pointed at the target or landing zone. If needed, another halfway down the fairway pointed at the target. Adjust if needed to avoid pointing the wrong way on a neighboring fairway.

I think most courses, even the more premier ones, don't have anything close to the budget to install floodlights for an entire course. Crystal City comes to mind, but they are a unique situation. Have you considered setting it up as a glow/low light course? If you have the potential budget for floodlights, I can only imagine how nice of a glow course you could build.

Some friends of mine played a course in Myrtle Beach, a few years ago, that had light towers for night golf. I cant remember the name but I believe it was a ball/disc multi use course.

Some friends of mine played a course in Myrtle Beach, a few years ago, that had light towers for night golf. I cant remember the name but I believe it was a ball/disc multi use course.
I think that place is called Tupelo Bay Golf Center, the have both ball and disc golf.

Discgolfpark in North Las Vegas is lit for night play, but it is on a ball golf course.

You can see the lights in the photos here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8275

I am pretty sure they are using the same type of lights as a softball field, which are VERY expensive...like $17,000 for one field plus the cost of the electricity. You could go solar, but those cost even more to purchase.

It is far cheaper to just light the targets. You can get portable LED lights for under $10.00 each!

I thought this thread was about running, jumping and tumbling from one object to another done at night under the lights.

That's because you don't understand the German language.

Latest posts