• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Florida Courses?

:hfive:Thanks for the heads up! Sounds like a cool course, although, maybe a little long!

Edward Medard is definitely a must play, the back 9 especially. Medard was unlike any of the other courses I played on Florida's west coast. Coming from CT Im used to more wooded courses with a decent amount of elevation change, EM had both, with a good mix of more open holes also. I imagine the bugs are pretty bad in the summer though, as their are some swampy areas, I was there in december so they werent to bad.

Tocobaga is a nice course right on the water, but really without any serious water hazards, which I liked, no one likes burying their discs at sea.

I got to see Cliff Stephens park, but unfortunately didnt get to play it. Lots of water hazards, and I heard they just pulled a gator from one of the ponds, which is cool. haha.

Bonita Springs has an interesting course. It weaves between and around baseball fields, and was a bit confusing for a first timer. Its close to a road(not that busy) and parking lots so you have to be careful of cars. An ok course, but not remarkable by any means. As a plus, the community center in the park sells innova discs.

North Water Tower Park was one of my favorites, nice foliage, the layout was easy to follow. Im not familiar with sarasota neighborhoods, but it seemed nice enough.

I'll definitely second most of what's already been said about Tampa Bay, Sarasota, and Orlando - On the Pinellas side of Tampa Bay, Cliff Stephens is a must see, Tocobaga is really interesting and distinctive, and most of the other courses in the county are worth a visit. Both Sarasota courses are worth a stop en route. In Orlando, Turkey Lake is a great outing, and Barnett Park is almost as good from a playability standpoint, but Turkey Lake is prettier spot. I thought I had hit every Central Florida course, and had no Florida courses on my wishlist, but then learned about Edward Medard in Plant City, so now I'll have to get there one of these days.

Cliff's my favorite and home course but E. Medard certainly was a challenging play, especially the back 9 in the summer. Ocala Greenway was top notch as well and I really enjoyed Barnett Park in Orlando. Lots of fun courses in the Tampa Bay area, Taylor Park, Maximo, Coachman, Limona et al. Can't wait to try the new course in Tampa this week or next and we're roadtripping to Pine Oaks within the next couple of months too. I think there's a course opening in Tarpon Springs sometime this year but haven't heard anything on it in a while.

Last edited:
Thanx for all the feedback, I think I'm gonna have to make some trips to the west coast(of Florida) and up to Orlando.

North Water Tower Park was one of my favorites, nice foliage, the layout was easy to follow. Im not familiar with sarasota neighborhoods, but it seemed nice enough.

It's not a great neighborhood. It's not terrible either - you have to travel a couple of miles to the south for that. I wouldn't hang out in the park after dark, based on what we find on Saturday mornings during club, but I have no problems being there during the day.

Thanks everyone for the tips on Medard, it's going on my to do list.

Latest posts