• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

flurry of Pendleton King Park reviews

"Pros:*3 holes with no baskets trash all over course looks like no keeps the place up i will never play this course again

Cons:*there nothing good to say about course

Other Thoughts: the only thing i would know who'o in charge of this course they to go look at some or course get some help"

watch your step, that last sentence is a dooooozy

I feel like bigdog's review of Riverview would merit at least four discs on a certain other course.

Now, she's given neighboring Riverview an 0.5 (its overall rating is 3.64). It's not clean. This isn't just homerism; it's rivalry!

Her reviews are gone, but another PK fan has 2 reviews: 5.0 for PK, 0.5 for Riverview. Of course, mentioning that Riverview has trash (isn't clean).

Now, I haven't played Riverview in a couple of years, so can't attest to its upkeep, cleanliness, or missing baskets. But it's always been a fine course, as the 3.6 rating indicates, and it's hard to believe it's fallen that far.

Anyone still think there's not a PKer vendetta against other Augusta-area courses?

I like how muddy after rain is a con. As if that is site specific only to that course. Maybe it only rains pixie dust and flowers at PK. Glad these folks can't see the big picture and would rather tear down all local courses (ratings wise) at the behest of PK.

Her reviews are gone, but another PK fan has 2 reviews: 5.0 for PK, 0.5 for Riverview. Of course, mentioning that Riverview has trash (isn't clean).

Now, I haven't played Riverview in a couple of years, so can't attest to its upkeep, cleanliness, or missing baskets. But it's always been a fine course, as the 3.6 rating indicates, and it's hard to believe it's fallen that far.

Anyone still think there's not a PKer vendetta against other Augusta-area courses?

I played Riverview 3 years ago and it was in pretty decent shape, but since then I've heard several times that it's overgrown, or holes removed, or stuff along those lines.

It was definitely a 3.6ish when I played it, and it's quite possible it has deteriorated to a .5 ... but still kinda fishy.

I like how muddy after rain is a con. As if that is site specific only to that course. Maybe it only rains pixie dust and flowers at PK. Glad these folks can't see the big picture and would rather tear down all local courses (ratings wise) at the behest of PK.

In fairness, Riverview probably takes rain worse than most courses, due to a number of steep clay slopes to walk up or down.

I played Riverview 3 years ago and it was in pretty decent shape, but since then I've heard several times that it's overgrown, or holes removed, or stuff along those lines.

It was definitely a 3.6ish when I played it, and it's quite possible it has deteriorated to a .5 ... but still kinda fishy.

Perhaps, but I have a hard time imaging that course degrading to one of the worst in existence. 2.0, maybe. 1.5, if really extreme. But 0.5?

Two months ago I made the big trip all the way from CA to GA, my plane landed at 5:19PM on a Sunday at Augusta airport, my friends picked me up and took me straight to Riverview. Riverview is not so bad, it was impacted by the big ice storm they had last winter, so quite a few fallen trees and branches which will take a while to clean up. But Riverview has lots of different shots and in my opinion - perfect tees - nice concrete that is not too smooth, not too rough, I wish every course had tees that nice. If I lived near Riverview, I would play it all the time.

I spent the better part of a week playing the local courses, I averaged 3 rounds a day, made it to Hippodrome, Olmsted, Patriots, but once I played IDGC, that was all I cared about, we would wake up in the morning, play IDGC, lunch break at Zaxby's (yes, I was exposed to southern culture and prefer Zaxby's to Chick-fil-a), then back to the IDGC, then an evening round at one of the other courses.

And never made it to PK, and my friends are born and raised Augusta folk and said I was not missing much skipping PK.

Two months ago I made the big trip all the way from CA to GA, my plane landed at 5:19PM on a Sunday at Augusta airport, my friends picked me up and took me straight to Riverview. Riverview is not so bad, it was impacted by the big ice storm they had last winter, so quite a few fallen trees and branches which will take a while to clean up. But Riverview has lots of different shots and in my opinion - perfect tees - nice concrete that is not too smooth, not too rough, I wish every course had tees that nice. If I lived near Riverview, I would play it all the time.

I spent the better part of a week playing the local courses, I averaged 3 rounds a day, made it to Hippodrome, Olmsted, Patriots, but once I played IDGC, that was all I cared about, we would wake up in the morning, play IDGC, lunch break at Zaxby's (yes, I was exposed to southern culture and prefer Zaxby's to Chick-fil-a), then back to the IDGC, then an evening round at one of the other courses.

And never made it to PK, and my friends are born and raised Augusta folk and said I was not missing much skipping PK.

After reading all of this, my only question is where there is a Zaxby's close to the IDGC???

edit: oooooh, Evans ... think I usually hit the opposite side for McDonald's or Subway

Unless I hit the Chicken Shack!!!! :D

Last edited:
I made the trek to that friendliest of courses.

Its a fine course. A fun one. If you can be sure of no pedestrian traffic it is a solid three. Great for league day I assume.

Our league course is similar in that regard . although its not as good as Pendleton's back nine its way better than the Pendleton front nine.

And I think that's a three. I don't know how anyone would call this one perfect unless their experience was extremely limited

Did I just write that? It doesn't seem like something I would say. Pendleton king is the cleanest and friendliest park around. So clean.....so friendly...... I can't imagine a better disc golf experience. I must write a review proclaiming it so

I live in North Augusta and play PKP and Riverview all the time. Riverview, as of 8 months ago, was a much better course than PKP. With the ice storm tearing up the course, the water treatment plant taking away 4 holes and news about the final 3 holes possibly being removed it has become a 2/5 or so. The holes that are still there are really good, but its just so ripped up and disjointed that its good but not great. PKP on the other hand, is getting better with time. The guys out there do a really good job. New tees, new pin placements, weekly doubles league and new benches make it a 3.5 or a 4. If you live in the area and haven't read my review of Riverview, it should make you laugh and teach you about the 'history' of the course.

Thanks for the insight on Riverview. That's a shame---it's been a very fun course for a very long time.

I live in North Augusta and play PKP and Riverview all the time. Riverview, as of 8 months ago, was a much better course than PKP. With the ice storm tearing up the course, the water treatment plant taking away 4 holes and news about the final 3 holes possibly being removed it has become a 2/5 or so. The holes that are still there are really good, but its just so ripped up and disjointed that its good but not great.

If you say it's a 2 out of 5, then why did you give it a perfect 5 rating? I see the rating is older, but you probably should update to reflect the change.

If you say it's a 2 out of 5, then why did you give it a perfect 5 rating? I see the rating is older, but you probably should update to reflect the change.

he said we would laugh, and that's what made me chuckle

I live in North Augusta and play PKP and Riverview all the time. Riverview, as of 8 months ago, was a much better course than PKP. With the ice storm tearing up the course, the water treatment plant taking away 4 holes and news about the final 3 holes possibly being removed it has become a 2/5 or so. The holes that are still there are really good, but its just so ripped up and disjointed that its good but not great. PKP on the other hand, is getting better with time. The guys out there do a really good job. New tees, new pin placements, weekly doubles league and new benches make it a 3.5 or a 4. If you live in the area and haven't read my review of Riverview, it should make you laugh and teach you about the 'history' of the course.

What made me laugh was the title; "An Experts Review." Soooo who are you anyways Mr. Expert?

Also, tl:dr. Lawdy it's a freaking novel. And no cons at all?! I find that hard to believe.

Did I just write that? It doesn't seem like something I would say. Pendleton king is the cleanest and friendliest park around. So clean.....so friendly...... I can't imagine a better disc golf experience. I must write a review proclaiming it so

And that is a well written review. :thmbup: Good job...seriously.

Riverview is my home course. I have to say it is in very rough shape right now, but there are plans to bring it back to great playing shape. The time and money just hasn't been there since the ice storm, water treatment project, and greenway collapse all happened quickly. It currently has 16 playable holes. One of those is only a temp hole. We lost three for good, but have plans for some really great replacements. The city has given us some great pieces of land to work with. Riverview is hurting, but not gone.

As far as PK and the PK group goes. They are very proud of what they have accomplished and continue to do at the course, and they should be. I love to play dubs there and truly enjoy the people I encounter. As far as the course itself they have pulled what I think is the maximum challenge they could in the small area they have to work with. That being said though, a high intermediate player will only need a driver two or three times in a round. A pro could likely play the course with a few putters. Not a bad thing if you need to work on that aspect of your game, but not the most challenging either. Personally in the shape PK is in right now I would rate it 3.5. It is near perfect for what it is, a putt and pitch course. However, it is not enough of a challenge to rate higher than that. If you want a quick round it is a great option. IDGC, and Lake Olmsted are by far more challenging and more fun for me though.

Quick update on PK I received from locals based on feedback.

They have leveled the tee pad on hole 8, and replaced number 9 tee pad with a new one. They also had a brand new basket donated by a lady in honor of her son who plays at PK, installed on hole 9. They continue to try to meet the concerns of the many players who have said we have a lot of repetitive hole shots, by adding "B" basket locations on Holes 2,6,7,11,12, and 17. We will have holes 6 and 7 done before September. The Recreation Department is giving PK a new basket every year until they complete this phase, and they continue to supply us with materials needed. Another area of concern is with the front of the tee pads. It seems that when some players drive, their follow through foot lands in front of the tee pad causing a gully like hole. We are currently placing red bricks in the front of the pads, (not making the pad longer) just to prevent this from happening. I do keep very busy just maintaining the course daily, like removing tree limbs/branches from the fairways and both sides of the fairways, emptying the trash receptacles and whatever else pops up. We do this to keep up with our self proclaimed "motto" the Worlds Cleanest and Friendliest Disc Golf Course.