• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

flurry of Pendleton King Park reviews

It is this level of upkeep, recent and future improvments and response to feedback that makes PK a 4 disc park for me, an under 900 rated intermediate player. For me PK is the perfect park to play a round in between days at Hippo and IDGC. Since the fairways are clean and fair you will just enjoy playing a round without knocking yourself out and still have something left for the tougher IDGC courses.

Does PK have the challenge of a Gold level course, NO. If that is what you require to have a fun day, by all means feel free to skip it.

I see it now. Sorry.

I am glad it did not get deleted as it seems you also have a level head when it comes to PK.

I have thought much on my 4 disc review & without long & short tees, I can see the point of not rating above a 3. The thing for me is our group of white level players all had a great time & we all felt the course was just as fun as Hippo & IDGC that we also did play the same weekend.

Thanks, both of you, for the updates, and perspective.

Very happy to know Riverview is only down temporarily.

So I finally played PK yesterday (Wed 8/6) and found something pretty interesting at the course. And I'm not just talking trash, which disproved the cleanest park ever mantra. The abandoned and neglected tennis and basketball courts also did that, but that's besides the point.

At the kiosk at the practice tee is this sign soliciting reviews on DGCR. Seeing this sign makes me think TimG and the other mods really need to do something to put an end to this. I know hotels, restaurants, other business and podcasts all solicit great reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor or the App Store. They don't have to specify wanting a 5-star rating, that's pretty much implied.

Judge for yourself what you think this means, and whether it has any impact on your thoughts about the PK crowd.

mail

So I finally played PK yesterday (Wed 8/6) and found something pretty interesting at the course. And I'm not just talking trash, which disproved the cleanest park ever mantra. The abandoned and neglected tennis and basketball courts also did that, but that's besides the point.

At the kiosk at the practice tee is this sign soliciting reviews on DGCR. Seeing this sign makes me think TimG and the other mods really need to do something to put an end to this. I know hotels, restaurants, other business and podcasts all solicit great reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor or the App Store. They don't have to specify wanting a 5-star rating, that's pretty much implied.

Judge for yourself what you think this means, and whether it has any impact on your thoughts about the PK crowd.

well, i assumed that people were being urged to review in some way. otherwise, no matter how much they liked the course, they wouldnt bother signing up for a website and writing a thoughtless review

but if they see the sign and think, "fast eddie is out there working hard to to provide a better course right here in town, and he wants me to write a review?"

because they know how much hes doing and it's not that much effort. they may not even think the course is all that great, theyre just doing something to show appreciation.

well, i assumed that people were being urged to review in some way. otherwise, no matter how much they liked the course, they wouldnt bother signing up for a website and writing a thoughtless review

but if they see the sign and think, "fast eddie is out there working hard to to provide a better course right here in town, and he wants me to write a review?"

because they know how much hes doing and it's not that much effort. they may not even think the course is all that great, theyre just doing something to show appreciation.

I don't know if you saw this when you played a couple days ago, but I got an overwhelming sense of community. The park wasn't crowded when I played, but it seemed everyone there knew each other. In that case, if one person is asking their fellow park goers to spend 5 minutes and rate this course, of course they're going to oblige.

Think of when a friend is doing an online fundraiser, or trying to get votes for something. Even if you don't care for their particular cause, more often than not, if you know it'll only take a couple minutes, you'll help a friend out. So, when everybody in the community knows and respects Fast Eddie, and he asks his friends for a favor. I think that speaks for itself.

I don't know if you saw this when you played a couple days ago, but I got an overwhelming sense of community. The park wasn't crowded when I played, but it seemed everyone there knew each other. In that case, if one person is asking their fellow park goers to spend 5 minutes and rate this course, of course they're going to oblige.

Think of when a friend is doing an online fundraiser, or trying to get votes for something. Even if you don't care for their particular cause, more often than not, if you know it'll only take a couple minutes, you'll help a friend out. So, when everybody in the community knows and respects Fast Eddie, and he asks his friends for a favor. I think that speaks for itself.

no but no one else was on the course, or in the park, except for who i was assume was fast eddie.

I get what you are saying but it's really a bad idea in the way it's being done here. The problem for me is a lot of these people are saying the same thing with the same rating with rarely a unique thought or useful observation. This not only discredits their reviews but is really not helping to folks who want to play there.

If they really want to be helpful to this Fast Eddie fella, set up a donation box and plunk in some $$ for every round to make course improvements easier. Better yet, get out on course and help the guy.

Disc golf needs a few more Fast Eddies...

-Dave

Even if you don't care for their particular cause, more often than not, if you know it'll only take a couple minutes, you'll help a friend out. So, when everybody in the community knows and respects Fast Eddie, and he asks his friends for a favor. I think that speaks for itself.
When doing one person a favor comes at the expense of making a laughing stock of our review console, and thereby being a thorn in the side of everyone here you uses it, its not much of a favor to the disc golf populace at large.

The fact is, there are 5700 courses in the directory and they should all be judged by their own merits. When the locals behind one of them use a concerted social media campaign to give their "friendly", but not so exceptional course an edge that its merits say it probably doesn't deserve, that runs afowl of what DGCR is trying to do.

As Dave said, there are other better ways for fans for Augusta locals to help this Fast Eddie guy out, and make PK a better place for themselves and visitors alike to enjoy.

When doing one person a favor comes at the expense of making a laughing stock of our review console, and thereby being a thorn in the side of everyone here you uses it, its not much of a favor to the disc golf populace at large.

Agreed. The problem is the locals don't care about anything on DGCR other than their love of PK, so our little system means nothing to them. I guess we're the ant colony and they're the kid kicking our hill giving no thought to all the efforts we've put in to making things run efficiently.

Agreed. The problem is the locals don't care about anything on DGCR other than their love of PK, so our little system means nothing to them. I guess we're the ant colony and they're the kid kicking our hill giving no thought to all the efforts we've put in to making things run efficiently.

Definition of entitlement. :wall:

I guarantee if they put up a sign that said can you review us on dgvr and then also review some other courses so it counts, not very many people do it