• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] for the love of all things not necessary: Wombat 3 is born...

Wombat3 is large diameter and Wedge is small diameter. The Wombat3 is not a replacement, but rather a compliment. My Star Wedge is great for long putts, long approaches and short turning drives. The Wombat3 is a faster Mid that can handle more power and distance. It is really awesome on long downhill drives, it just holds the line forever. Both discs land flat so they are great for dangerous landing areas.

I love my Star Wedge. Since my Wedge also doubles as my extra long putter, the Wombat3 could not replace it for me.

I use my Star Wombat3 for long putts and same weight R Pro Dart on shorter putts. Since I hyzer putt it probably doesn't make that much difference, but inside my little bitty brain it works.:rolleyes:

Field throws, dead straight just like the star plastic of the same weights, with one of the two champs having consistently more glide than the other, +/- 20'-30'. Like 'em! All righty then, all they need to do is run glow and color glow Wombat3's.;)

Well, I know what I'll be throwing on the range this weekend. Y'all have got me hankering to make some Wombat3 throws. I think I'll throw the Foxbat a few times for good measure, as well.

Well, I know what I'll be throwing on the range this weekend. Y'all have got me hankering to make some Wombat3 throws. I think I'll throw the Foxbat a few times for good measure, as well.

Enjoy. I think you'll like. :thmbup:

And done. Threw a bunch of mids and approach putters as well as some faster discs. The Wombat3 did as expected: understable but didn't devolve into a "throller". I am tempted to bag it for a while and see if it comes in handy.

The Foxbat, I hyzer flipped. It bombed. Like the Energizer Bunny, it just kept going and going... But it also got beat around in the headwinds. But yes, lots of fun to just go out and throw these discs.

Is this for real the stamp on the Champ Wombat3?

picture.php

'Cause if it is, I need to get my wallet out. :|

I've been lovin the Wombat3!
I got a 180g Star, 180g Shimmer Star with an Air Force logo, and a Champ with that stamp up there ^^^
The Champ is surprisingly the least overstable.
The Star and Shimmer Star are so tasty though... barely any turn and glide for days. As a Comet thrower, I'm really liking these! I'm honestly surprised these aren't more popular!

Gotta make it out to the course for a Wombat3 vs Comet vs Mako3 round :)

The Champ is surprisingly the least overstable.

Interesting. I picked up a Champ Wombat 3 last year, and although I really liked the glide it was just too understable for me, and it couldn't unseat my Star Mirage for those types of shots.

How does the Star Wombat 3 compare to a Champ Mako3? Maybe I need to pick up a heavier Star W3 and give it another shot.

So, I tried a regular Wombat shortly after it came out, and got rid of it pretty quickly due to crazy flippiness.

Am I to take it that the W3 is an improvement on the original?

Reviews here seem positive.

I never threw the original.
I don't have much time with these yet but they were very easy for me to throw 300' with very little turn or fade. The glide is good... I don't know if I would have given it a rating of 6, though.

Considering the results from my mini-session today, I can't wait to get some rounds with them at the course. I also ordered a 150g DX for my 150g bag and possibly in my heavy bag for those get out of jail shots when you can't do much more than flick your wrist.

If I'm liking them alot, I'll get a video and post it up.

So, I tried a regular Wombat shortly after it came out, and got rid of it pretty quickly due to crazy flippiness.

The W3 is an improvement on the original. It's generally understable, though the V-Tech keeps it from being overly flippy like the Foxbat can be.