• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

people seem to rave about pop top cannons.. i dont have the arm so i have never tried them :\

I've been throwing cannons since they came out, tried a bunch of em and for me the longest cannons are the lightweight (high 160s) purple pop tops. White's not bad either. Just my experience - yours may be different.

He throws them really high, i get massive distance on my rampages when i throw about 20 feet off the ground. I hope Rico does another video like this when the new discs are all released, would be nice to see him throw nemesis/enemy/outlaw.

I'm so conflicted....I have fallen in love with Grinder Protege Clutches....I have a source for 174g Pink Protege Clutches for cheap and I want to pull the trigger on like 4 or 5 of them but what happens if the Hunter comes out and I like that even more. I've then just wasted $45 on Clutches . Oh how I'm torn and don't know what to do.

I'm traveling for work and am managing to squeeze a few rounds in during the week, but I've only got room for 4 discs. I figured this was a good time to really try out the patriot/rival combo and see how it works for me. I'm going wizard/Buzzz/patriot/rival all week.

Through 36 holes I've got to say I'm disappointed in my Icon Rival. I was expecting Teebird-like stability, maybe a little more HST. This disc flies exactly like a semi-beat DX Eagle-L that I sometimes carry. Is this normal? Will a Pinnacle have more stability? Thrown flat, this disc turns significantly. Into a mild headwind it needs a ton of Hyzer on the release.

So far I'm liking the Icon Patriot, it is laser straight and will hold whatever line I put it on. Very little turn, very little fade. Reminds me of a Pro Teebird (TL) I used to throw a long time ago. I was expecting a little more turn out of this disc, but I still like the way it flies. Definitely not a replacement for my CE Leo's- the patriot is slower, glidier and domier. But I like it, and it should beat in nicely.

I've found Pinnacle Rivals to be more overstable than the Icon. The Icons are much more similar to a Patriot for me. The Pinnacles I'm bagging are very TB-esque in my opinion. I have a 168 milky white that is pretty much dead straight when thrown hard and an opaque pink 174 that will lock into a straight flight and finish with a healthy fade.

Icons feel good but haven't made the bag for me yet.

For the most part mine have been about the same between plastics. I have a couple new white pinnacles that are nice and OS and Legend plastic too.

The Rival works for me in mild headwinds and a few of mine are beefy enough for moderate wind, would need hyzer on the release to keep it from turning over in some cases and that just comes with experience. I look at the Rival as a slightly-overstable control placement disc, accurate in majority of conditions, but i usually go up to a firebird in the wind.

I've been throwing a Glow Rival and have been loving it...until the wind blows. I'm pretty disappointed because I could easily see them replacing PDs if they just had more HSS.

I just ordered my first Legacy mid ranges. I'm really looking forward to trying them. I got a Pinnacle and Icon Gauge as well as a Gravity and Icon Ghost.

Gravity ghost is a winner. I will say I was concerned the other day though. Have they been messing with the gravity plastic?

I ask because I was at gggt the other day and was feeling them up. Some were the gravity I was used to. There were also some awful ones, felt soft like r-pro almost.

Gravity ghost is a winner. I will say I was concerned the other day though. Have they been messing with the gravity plastic?

I ask because I was at gggt the other day and was feeling them up. Some were the gravity I was used to. There were also some awful ones, felt soft like r-pro almost.
I've always felt their Gravity line has had an r-pro feel. My recollection is that the darker the color the more flexible the disc feels. Where white seems to be fairly firm and black would almost bend in half.

I've had peach and white Gravity Ghosts, and they both felt like the firmer blend of JK Pro. I want to say the peach is the firmer of the two. The grip is vaguely reminiscent of my R-Pro Polecat.

Last edited:
My white gravity ghost is fairly firm, certainly firmer than I was expecting, about the same as my excel. For sure not close to r-pro.

The pink gravity ghosts are definitely where its at. Perfect fit between my gauges and legend ghost. Flies like an SMRD Roc

I just ordered my first Legacy mid ranges. I'm really looking forward to trying them. I got a Pinnacle and Icon Gauge as well as a Gravity and Icon Ghost.

congrats you will have some fun thats for sure! Gauge is one of the most underrated molds out IMO .. and well i think everyone knows how much i love the Ghost but the two plastics you ordered are the two i dont have bagged.. i have some Gravity but i havent tried them yet.. i have like 5-6 .. Icon i have never tried .. i was never one to throw star when i was a roc guy so the Icon never peaked my interest and just stuck with excel and pinnacle.. even though i LOVE my Icon Gauge .. :doh:

congrats you will have some fun thats for sure! Gauge is one of the most underrated molds out IMO .. and well i think everyone knows how much i love the Ghost but the two plastics you ordered are the two i dont have bagged.. i have some Gravity but i havent tried them yet.. i have like 5-6 .. Icon i have never tried .. i was never one to throw star when i was a roc guy so the Icon never peaked my interest and just stuck with excel and pinnacle.. even though i LOVE my Icon Gauge .. :doh:

I'm a total Legacy noob and have no idea what to expect from any of them. I just know that I have some Icon Outlaws and they are made of some of the best plastic I've ever felt so I thought a Ghost in that plastic could be great! I do want to get my hands on a Pinnacle Ghost if these go well though.

I just hate how plussy Roc3s and, especially, Mako3s are. It annoys me so much.

I've had peach and white Gravity Ghosts, and they both felt like the firmer blend of JK Pro. I want to say the peach is the firmer of the two. The grip is vaguely reminiscent of my R-Pro Polecat.

hmm.

i've always gone for orange and white since those were the ones i'd always find with higher plh. i always thought the plastic was the perfect feel and firmness and then all of a sudden i feel these other ones and i'm like "bleh".

I throw Destroyers but I have some overlap with my PD2s when my AJs are fresh. I am looking for something less OS than the AJ's but a bit more hss stable than my wraiths. I throw my destroyers ~425-435ft on average with the outlier long throws approaching and sometimes exceeding 450. Are there any colors or weight ranges that I should look out for with the Outlaw?

Last edited:

Latest posts