• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

So does anybody have any experience with the new Pro Teebirds?

I got to throw mine yesterday and today, and they were what I was expecting a Pro teebird to be like. I have a pair of 170's. They were more glidey than my star teebirds and seemed to have a more mild fade. I would not call them flippy, like others have described previous runs. I really liked them, and ordered some more today.

So does anybody have any experience with the new Pro Teebirds?

I just got 4 of 170-172's. They're penned "Pro" with no embossing. I already cycle 2 from the last run of Factory Store Pro TB's, so I had an idea of how these might fly.

I threw 1 today and it has great grip and glide... with enough stability to shape flex and hyzer lines. I expect this will eventually beat into a glidey hyzer-flip to long turnover disc like the others have.

These Pro's are a great TB run for throwing. Not sure why they get a bad rap in these forums sometimes!

I got to throw mine yesterday and today, and they were what I was expecting a Pro teebird to be like. I have a pair of 170's. They were more glidey than my star teebirds and seemed to have a more mild fade. I would not call them flippy, like others have described previous runs. I really liked them, and ordered some more today.

I just got 4 of 170-172's. They're penned "Pro" with no embossing. I already cycle 2 from the last run of Factory Store Pro TB's, so I had an idea of how these might fly.

I threw 1 today and it has great grip and glide... with enough stability to shape flex and hyzer lines. I expect this will eventually beat into a glidey hyzer-flip to long turnover disc like the others have.

These Pro's are a great TB run for throwing. Not sure why they get a bad rap in these forums sometimes!

Thanks. I'll definitely be picking up a few in the near future. They seem like good Teebirds for seasoning. It's really difficult to get Champ TBs to turn over. I would love to be able to season a few of these in the winter to be backup turnover TBs. I also love good pro plastic. The kind that is grippier and a bit softer than star.

I'm in the process of a move, so I have to wait a bit before ordering anything online. If you guys could save me some orange ones until then it would be greatly appreciated.

I am torn. The idea of a pro tb is so nice. My favorite teebird is an 8 year old s-tb and I would love to get it out of the bag in the cold and try one of these new ones. Are they only available on the factory store ?

I am torn. The idea of a pro tb is so nice. My favorite teebird is an 8 year old s-tb and I would love to get it out of the bag in the cold and try one of these new ones. Are they only available on the factory store ?

Unfortunately Innova has a habit of saving their "best" products for their Proshop *Cough* Pro Rhyno *Cough*.

Thanks. I'll definitely be picking up a few in the near future. They seem like good Teebirds for seasoning. It's really difficult to get Champ TBs to turn over. I would love to be able to season a few of these in the winter to be backup turnover TBs. I also love good pro plastic. The kind that is grippier and a bit softer than star.

I'm in the process of a move, so I have to wait a bit before ordering anything online. If you guys could save me some orange ones until then it would be greatly appreciated.

Lighter G Star is the answer. Like a broken in Star out of the box and pretty mellow with very good glide.

I have some g star, they are really only good in the winter IMO. Too floppy in the other 3 seasons. Not what I want out of a workhorse driver.

Disagree. I throw GLine and GStar year around and never had an issue with their shape or grip. If anything, they do not have the same glide as other plastics during the summer, thus making them look better in the winter. Last year I was at Am Worlds where the heat index was nearing 120 and I had no issues with my discs.

The only real knock I have with G, and this is regardless of season, is that they get chewed up faster than Star or Champion. They are slightly better than Pro.

Disagree. I throw GLine and GStar year around and never had an issue with their shape or grip. If anything, they do not have the same glide as other plastics during the summer, thus making them look better in the winter. Last year I was at Am Worlds where the heat index was nearing 120 and I had no issues with my discs.

The only real knock I have with G, and this is regardless of season, is that they get chewed up faster than Star or Champion. They are slightly better than Pro.

100% agree with this. I live in Texas, near the coast, and GStar is the only plastic that feels the same regardless of it's 100 degrees with humidity over 50% or in the lower 50s. I am convinced people who claim GStar gets floppy have either never thrown/seen the plastic or put a death grip on their discs.

The one I cannot stand in the heat is Champion (or in the cold for that matter) because it gets slick and floppy and rock hard in the cold.

With that said, try a domey, lower 170s teebirds are great when you need extra layers on. I find them to be little less stable with a tremendous amount of glide. Easiest to throw in bulky winter wear.

I couldn't tell the difference between a g star and star on a 90 degree day.

The majority of people seem ok with it. There's definitely a super vocal few here that hate it.

100% agree with this. I live in Texas, near the coast, and GStar is the only plastic that feels the same regardless of it's 100 degrees with humidity over 50% or in the lower 50s. I am convinced people who claim GStar gets floppy have either never thrown/seen the plastic or put a death grip on their discs.

The one I cannot stand in the heat is Champion (or in the cold for that matter) because it gets slick and floppy and rock hard in the cold.

With that said, try a domey, lower 170s teebirds are great when you need extra layers on. I find them to be little less stable with a tremendous amount of glide. Easiest to throw in bulky winter wear.

The majority of people seem ok with it. There's definitely a super vocal few here that hate it.

I have tried GStar (I still own some GStar discs), I do not death-grip them, and while "hate" is a strong word, I do not like GStar plastic in warmer/hot weather because it softens to the point that it is too soft for my liking. If you (plural) like it, have at it; I'll stick to Star, Champ, EchoStar, and Pro...

Yea, I generally agree with this. If it's not floppy after sitting in the sun, in Arizona, when it's 114º out..

Let's just say, I can play with it, when I can't with anything black.

Obviously Gstar feels the similar 100* and 50*. It is designed for freezing temps. Temps where Champ plastic becomes hard as a rock and inflexible. Gstar feels really nice when the temp gets to 30 and below. It feels exactly like champ or star. Firm yet grippy. Otherwise its a taco and the flight plate is super malleable.

I completely disagree with 171 and 175 TBS flying differently. If you can notice the difference 4 grams of plastic makes in flight characteristics you are a pretty special guy.

LOL. You told me I wanted lighter Gstar TB and I told you why I don't like them. I don't want a 160s G star teebird lol. Frankly, I don't like lighter discs in general. There is almost nothing about a 162 gstar teebird that interests me. G star plastic is considerably more understable out of the box, beats in quicker, and is insanely flexible compared to their other plastics. It has a different hand feel, specifically on the flight plate. I do not like a driver that gives like that in my hand when I go to grip it. Obviously this isn't a "grip issue" it is a preference in feel which is my opinion. I am very familiar with Teebirds, their plastics, and how they wear. I have been throwing them for over a decade. I know what I like and that ain't it.

Latest posts