• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I saw someone talking about a new run of pro teebirds, does anyone know anything about if that's true? If they're worth a damn? I love pro plastic and would much rather bag a pro teebird than a dx or star.

They came out in November, but there are none left in the Pro Shop. They are a very stiff blend of Pro. Basically half Pro half Star.

Edit: IMO they are pretty fantastic. Straight to fade with about an extra 10 feet more than a Star and a straighter flight. Holds an anny, and pans to flat before hitting the ground. probably sitting right between a Star Teebird and Star TL in flight.

Last edited:
Forgot one, unfortunately no info on the Pro TBs:

cMtxR6i.jpg

They came out in November, but there are none left in the Pro Shop. They are a very stiff blend of Pro. Basically half Pro half Star..

The more I hear, the more I wonder if this is the same as the Infinite Discs I-blend plastic. I won't bet against it, fer sure...

I set My I-Blend Sphinx and a Pro Teebird next to my heater to warm up. The Sphinx had a little more grip at warmer temperatures, but at around 65F they feels exactly the same. I should say that my Sphinx is a 2nd run, so I am not sure if the blend changed a little.

How's everybody liking the '19 Nybo? I'm really loving mine so far, played two rounds with it in a three-disc bag and love how it has a true glide of 5 but had some nice HSS to take a full drive and a hard fade. Farthest throw has been 345' and it still faded in a good amount.

The colors kill me. Would like to see some in person but haven't gotten to the shop yet.

The colors kill me. Would like to see some in person but haven't gotten to the shop yet.

I grabbed two silver, two bronze and a gold. The gold is next to impossible to find. The silver is very bright, the brightest Shimmer silver I've seen. The bronze looks nice but probably not much better than the gold. I've only thrown the gold.

They came out in November, but there are none left in the Pro Shop. They are a very stiff blend of Pro. Basically half Pro half Star.

Edit: IMO they are pretty fantastic. Straight to fade with about an extra 10 feet more than a Star and a straighter flight. Holds an anny, and pans to flat before hitting the ground. probably sitting right between a Star Teebird and Star TL in flight.

These are still available at the pro shop. I agree they are fantastic, and fly how you describe. https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/pro-tb.html

OS Teebird

I've got a nice couple of birds in the bag:

Seasoned star for stable to slightly flippy
Champ for reliable forward fade

I've got a couple I haven't broken in yet. Can you tell me how they should fly. I'm not sure how to distinguish their run. Can you tell me how the following might compare to each other?

DX
Champ glow (threw it twice and seemed understable)
Star AJ 2009

The Champ glow I have is pretty stable. It goes straight with no real turn and a mild fade. It's still somewhat fresh despite being secondhand.

I've got a nice couple of birds in the bag:

Seasoned star for stable to slightly flippy
Champ for reliable forward fade

I've got a couple I haven't broken in yet. Can you tell me how they should fly. I'm not sure how to distinguish their run. Can you tell me how the following might compare to each other?

DX
Champ glow (threw it twice and seemed understable)
Star AJ 2009

I haven't thrown many DX, but they are very glidey and good...if you play courses that aren't too rocky then consider trying it out. Expect less stable flights almost like an FD, but they carry like crazy. I haven't thrown one for a while, but the DX Teebird is one of the longest speed 7 discs I've thrown.

Looking for a stable fairway driver to pair with my FD. I'm not a fan of current star or champ teebirds. I'm looking at AB metal flake t3, last years Heimburg glow t3, and the pearly champ teebirds at DGU. Has anyone had any experience with the aforementioned and can comment on flight/feel. I'm currently using a thunderbird in this slot but I only throw 325' average and it doesn't feel great for forehand either so I thought maybe a teebird would be better.

What weight and plastic fd you throwing?

Reason I ask is if you want something similar but a bit more overstable I'd maybe look at the infinite discs exodus. Feels similar to an fd, and especially if you're throwing a lighter weight fd a heavier exodus I think will get you what you're looking for.

Reason I ask is if you want something similar but a bit more overstable I'd maybe look at the infinite discs exodus. Feels similar to an fd, and especially if you're throwing a lighter weight fd a heavier exodus I think will get you what you're looking for.

I've tried multiple FDs before I settled on my current one which is a 167g c-line 6th run. I'm basically looking for something to throw in headwinds that will feel more comfortable in a forehand grip and slightly more resistant to oat. I've heard the exodus is the eagle-l mold, which I've seen compared to FDs. What plastic would you recommend and how flat are they?

I second that recommendation.

I've tried multiple FDs before I settled on my current one which is a 167g c-line 6th run. I'm basically looking for something to throw in headwinds that will feel more comfortable in a forehand grip and slightly more resistant to oat. I've heard the exodus is the eagle-l mold, which I've seen compared to FDs. What plastic would you recommend and how flat are they?

Mine is in S-blend, which is good. They now have Exoduses (Exodii?) in S-blend, I-blend, and C-blend. You might try the C-blend as your OS compliment to the FD.

I also like the Jen Allen Teebird and a lighter weight Champion Banshee for that role.

6th run c lines are probably my favorite fd. I prefer something with an "L" type bottom wing to flick, feels like they come off the hand cleaner. The exodus I bag is a high 160s s line, fairly similar to a 6th run fd. I haven't thrown a c line exodus but I believe the reports were them being decently beefy although not overly flat. Maybe hit up infinite and try to get set up with a flatter color in a bit heavier weight.

Might be a bit overstable for what you're looking for, but the original run c fd2 had some orange ones in the 160s that were flat and kinda gummy. Beefier than a teebird but not quite banshee overstable. Flat bottom wing, super comfy flick disc.

Looking for a stable fairway driver to pair with my FD. I'm not a fan of current star or champ teebirds. I'm looking at AB metal flake t3, last years Heimburg glow t3, and the pearly champ teebirds at DGU. Has anyone had any experience with the aforementioned and can comment on flight/feel. I'm currently using a thunderbird in this slot but I only throw 325' average and it doesn't feel great for forehand either so I thought maybe a teebird would be better.

Honestly the Thunderbird is still a good choice here.

If you want more wind resistance than the FD and a more OS line, then you really need to increase in stability. The Teebirds that are fun to throw at your power and that will go as far as an FD will be ones that have a hint of turn/push to their HSS, so they will fly like you want in calm but they will not be true wind fighters. If you go up to a beefier Teebird that handles wind well, you'll likely lose a good 20' compared to your FD. The Thunderbird is a compromise where it has more speed so it will get closer to your FD distance, but the problem is it does have a bigger sweeping fade especially if you can't power it 330+ to really hold it on a laser line. However, if you keep it low to the ground it will finish more like a Teebird, and it is also nearly immune to wind if you have clean releases. I FH it HARD into wind and don't worry at all.

You can also check out the CD2, it's like a beat in Thunderbird where it has the ability to turn and the fade is a little mellowed out. At your power it may be a better combination of stability with good carry. Plus you still have the Thunderbird for really windy situations. But if you don't like the Thunderbird grip I don't know if you'll like the CD2 any more.

I have a Metal Flake Teebird, and it is my first TeeBird. I have a pretty decent arm speed, but this thing is a meathook! Is that typical for Metal Flake, or do I have an anomaly? I honestly have an easier time keep my destroyers flat than this Teebird...

I have a Metal Flake Teebird, and it is my first TeeBird. I have a pretty decent arm speed, but this thing is a meathook! Is that typical for Metal Flake, or do I have an anomaly? I honestly have an easier time keep my destroyers flat than this Teebird...

Metal Flakes are often the more os of any mold. I've got a 168g Glow Champion Teebird that is super os right now because I haven't used it much. I even bought a 159g Star that is crazy os. Can't go wrong with them.