• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Force Love

pask2155

Eagle Member
Hey guys I'm finding a new love for the force! So anyone using these and loving them???

I was wondering can you cycle these like destroyers??? Like beat one in to Anny and let it pan out???

Currently what I have noticed is there seems to be 2 types. super flat ones that are beefy and have a higher wing (0,3 innova numbers). Ther ones with a bit if dome seem to go just straight for me (-1,2 innova numbers), and I'm using esp plastic with 450' power max weight (173-174)...

Yes forces are exceptional flyers and the esp beats in wonderfully. Z beats in slowly. Underrated mold nowadays because of the still growing popularity of star destroyers.

Yes forces are exceptional flyers and the esp beats in wonderfully. Z beats in slowly. Underrated mold nowadays because of the still growing popularity of star destroyers.

That's b/c Star Destroyers are better :D. Seriously though they aren't just all the sudden growing in popularity, they became popular very quickly after they mold came out in 2007.

As cliche as it is, the Force is a longer Teebird. The difference from the typical cliche would be that it's actually true. In premium plastics out of the box, they're not going to flip (even into a pretty serious headwind) and have a mildly strong fade. In basic plastic, they start out very straight with a slight fade; the fade beats out, then they start flipping.

Disclaimer: I do not throw teebirds.

As cliche as it is, the Force is a longer Teebird. The difference from the typical cliche would be that it's actually true. In premium plastics out of the box, they're not going to flip (even into a pretty serious headwind) and have a mildly strong fade. In basic plastic, they start out very straight with a slight fade; the fade beats out, then they start flipping.

I get what your saying but IMO there's no such thing as a longer Teebird. Heck there's no such thing as a longer anything. Discs Don't have limitation, people do.

Faster, then. I believe that a Force will fly farther given similar release conditions, though.

but yeah, just stability-wise they're similar.

You joking because your comments seem to be pretty far from reality?

The Teebird probably is the greatest mold ever made but comparing it to a speed 12 overstable driver is out there.

The Force is a Destroyer/Rampage type disc. The Z Force is overstable and will have a little to no turn and a very hard fade. It's just up against the destroyer which is a very, very popular mold so doesn't get the praise but it is basically a destroyer.

I call the Nuke the DC destroyer/rampage. Force seems more like a Max or something.

Comparing it to TB based on seeing people throw tbs and maybe 20 throws with a TB myself. The TB I threw had absolutely no turn, and a moderate fade. Also based on flight ratings, TB is 0, 2 or something, right?

I have 5 Destroyers in C,S and P. and 1 Force in D. The D Force is more Overstable then all the Destroyers. Force is like a 0,4 while the Destroyer is a 1,3. In my experience at least the Force is more PD2.

I should have listened when my head told me "bad idea. nothing is a "longer teebird"" but my heart feels about forces what you guys feel about teebirds. It's the best disc ever. Doesn't matter what the conditions are, I can pull out a Force and put it down the fairway.

Last edited:
I should have listened when my head told me "bad idea. nothing is a "longer teebird"" but my heart feels about forces what you guys feel about teebirds. It's the best disc ever. Doesn't matter what the conditions are, I can pull out a Force and put it down the fairway.

don't worry about it, i (we) get what you're saying. the force is like a nice OS cal teebird, whereas the destroyer is more eagle-ish with the turn and fade.

I have 3 forces in the bag. a ti force for super stable stuff, a 171 beat esp force which is my go to, and a light 167 z that bombs in tail winds and flips to flat with ease.

Personally the only reason i use these over destroyers is because they feel better in my hand.

That's b/c Star Destroyers are better :D. Seriously though they aren't just all the sudden growing in popularity, they became popular very quickly after they mold came out in 2007.

You misunderstand me. I realize the star destroyer has always been very popular, but so was the z force. Nowadays the force love is ever dwindling, and the destroyer love is ever growing even though both molds are equally excellent IMO.

I acquired a stack of used ESP Forces, including a handful of First Runs, so I've been cycling them for a while. I usually carry 2-3 ESP from fresh (will stand up from a hyzer and still finish left) to beat (flip up, pan right, finish right) and a beefy Z for hard hyzers and stupid headwinds.

Nate Doss cycles Z Forces.

I like the disc a lot, but the Rampage does the same job and seems to fly a heck of a lot faster to me. I can go out of a field and throw hundreds of drives (I do this a lot) and the Rampage will out-distance the Force every single time. Mine are the overstable flat Z Forces though. I had an ESP with a slight dome that was a little faster/less H&LSS, but it became very understable after a few collisions with trees and rocks.

It used to be my favourite overstable driver though...

Latest posts