• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Force Love

I got a Andrew Fish tour support Z Force. It has a little turn out of the box. This started a Force purchasing spree. Austin Hannum Forces are awesome for big hyzers. Got some ESP 5x Forces yesterday and they are real nice too. I like the deeper rim and the fact that dome=beef flat=can turn. Makes it easier to pick out the ones you want. I like the ones that have a pretty mild dome.

169 Z Forces are among the most reliable drivers I've ever thrown. While i don't advocate cycling, a 2 year old Force can be an amazing disc.

Beat in forces are amazing. There is a reason almost every Discraft Pro has some old workhorse with the stamp nearly faded off in the bag. I have a flat max weight ESP that is super OS, and a 4x slight domed Z force that had a little turn out of the box. Once you figure out the good runs, it's all gravy.

I put Forces back in my secondary bag and absolutely loved throwing them.

Beefy Z, beat in Z and super beat ESP.

The ESP goes really far.

Beat in forces are amazing. There is a reason almost every Discraft Pro has some old workhorse with the stamp nearly faded off in the bag. I have a flat max weight ESP that is super OS, and a 4x slight domed Z force that had a little turn out of the box. Once you figure out the good runs, it's all gravy.

You mean like this one?
8KLqf1p.jpg

This is my money force. Never thrown something so fast and glidly but still over stable. I've been on the hunt for used old z forces recently. And it seems that most force throwers know what they have and are reluctant to give them up.

You mean like this one?
8KLqf1p.jpg

This is my money force. Never thrown something so fast and glidly but still over stable. I've been on the hunt for used old z forces recently. And it seems that most force throwers know what they have and are reluctant to give them up.

I just picked up 2 beat Z Forces. 1 of them is that run but pink and beat to hell. It does have great glide and some turn.

Attachments

• 15987251870092501973500559518463.jpg
    15987251870092501973500559518463.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 41
I think the secret is out. I can't find any beat z forces in the used bin by me.

I picked up some ESP forces. They are nice. I bag two ESP, and 3 Z. I only really need three of them(esp slight turner, z straight, z beef/forehand). I guess carrying a lot of discs is my "thing".

Does anyone have any idea what run of Force this tyedye one came from? It's the most overstable force I've ever thrown. I also have a side by side of the parting line heights compared to a signature stamped Austin Turner Force.

Attachments

• 8F3C0F28-2C89-4D78-9303-B75C646DBFAD.jpg
    8F3C0F28-2C89-4D78-9303-B75C646DBFAD.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 51E5984C-CB03-4CD3-A8C2-97CB90AD5928.jpg
    51E5984C-CB03-4CD3-A8C2-97CB90AD5928.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 35
Does anyone have any idea what run of Force this tyedye one came from? It's the most overstable force I've ever thrown. I also have a side by side of the parting line heights compared to a signature stamped Austin Turner Force.

Have always avoided tye-dye, but that is a very old stamp, from the first run, I believe. I only ever had blue ones with that stamp in white, though I have seen them in yellow. Is the plastic gummy/soft?

I wouldn't say its gummy at all. It is for sure on the stiffer side. I'm at work so I'll get back to you on that though. I knew it was an older run, but its board flat and the parting line height is so much higher then any other Force I've thrown. Its also super beef, id consider it as overstable as a Nuke OS.

I have some big Z Forces coming in today and a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow. Weather looks good. I'm gonna give em a good workout.

Bump.

Got some Hannum Forces and they seem to have a little more high speed turn than the ESP Forces i was getting. Plus, the grip of these tour series is great!

Im thinking when i beat this thing up a little, it will be a staple in the bag for forehand and backhand.

Anyone got any info on how the Hannums break in?

I dig the Hannums. I have some from when they were first released. Have a mild dome, good headwind fighter/hyzer machine/forehand. I wish I played more to be able to really beat it in.

So I snagged a few of the Recycled Forces that Discraft ran, and for those that like lighter weight stuff, they had nothing above 164-166 listed. I ended up with a 155-159 and a 160-163 (I was hoping for a 150-154 and a 164-166, but either way these should be bombers) out of the random 150-159 and 160-166 categories. I'm hoping for a nice OS start and the beat in time of EchoStar. Maybe they'll finally rival my FR 164-166 Zeus in terms of distance?

On a related note, I've been throwing a Robot Chicken MF Force as my max D FH disc and it seems to go about 20' further than I intend for it to go. Maybe that has something to do with my elbow tendonitis...