• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Found towels or other non-disc items: Any obligation to return them?

I found sunscrean and bug spray. I kept them. Can we talk about that Danger?

Yes, because you kept them. You didn't sit an analyze whether or not the sunscreen and bug spray are of sentimental value to its previous owner, who is probably a disc golfer, which in turn means he is cheap and would definitely want his sunscreen and bug spray back. And then re-analyze it on an internet website with a bunch of random people talking about dish towels and micro fibers. You just took it, as you should with any random item left on the course other than a disc with a number on it.

I'm actually surprised this thread is being taken seriously and did not go the way of the landfill already.

Car keys

Found a set of car keys while playing an early AM round. No one in the park or on the course.
Took them to the local cop-shop. They wanted me wait around to talk with an officer and fill out a report. I was in a hurry and had to be someplace else for an appointment out of town. But no, They gave me the third degree.:thmbdown:
I was being the good Samaritan. Let me tell you, "Never again". I will leave such finds where they lay from now on.

It's the same as asking if you should help when you pass a car accident.

If you have some ethics, this is not even a question.

I found a pair of Oakley radar sunglasses last summer on the course. I asked around but nobody knew anything about them. I was told that some Air Force dude had played the course the day before, and someone thought that they remembered that the dude had on a pair of Oakleys. I tried to get more info, but the dude that had talked to him said that Air Force guy was just passing through because he was flying in the air show. I would have liked to return them to the guy because they were $165 sunglasses, and I had lost a pair of Oakleys myself once before and I was seriously bummed when I did. I still have them to this day, and I wear them every day. Many times though I have thought to myself that the guy must have been sick about loosing a $165 pair of shades. I hope he did not loose too much sleep over them.

Fret not, Air Force pilots do alright and he probably said "#(&^#^$(*& I left my sunglasses, GPS, where is Sunglass Hut?"

I know, I can't believe I typed a response to this thread. I was really bored yesterday though, and like that other guy said it is winter. I long for the days when finding a green towel on green grass is possible. Finding a towel all frozen in the snow is so lame.

My park is full of unsavory behavior.. We find towels, shirts, blankets, etc.. all the time. We dont pick up anything except actual trash.

Discs are one thing to get back to the owner as some of them are not easily replaced due to type of disc and wear factors. Towels and other such items are generally easy to buy again and many are not marked with any contact info anyways.

My park is full of unsavory behavior.. We find towels, shirts, blankets, etc.. all the time. We dont pick up anything except actual trash.

yep, i've seen boxers in random places at my home course sometimes. it used to be the local gay cruising spot before a disc golf course was installed. you still find treasures, soemtimes

i have a large collection of golf umbrellas from hawk hollow... people should really consider putting names on them.

I have not seen such a terrible waste of bandwidth in a very long time.

:eek:

Well not THAT long but you get my point.

Apothecary just got banned (an infraction that put him over the top) for saying a thread was dumb. Please see rules 2 & 3

2) If a thread doesn't interest you, please move along. There is no need to post in the thread letting us know you think it's stupid.
3) Related to #2, purposely trolling a thread or threads will result in a warning with the next occurrence resulting in a temporary ban. Continuing to troll threads after that will result in a permanent ban.

now with that being said, are we still talking about finding used towels? I found a Lacross ball on the course and it did not have a name on it so I kept it :popcorn:

now with that being said, are we still talking about finding used towels? I found a Lacross ball on the course and it did not have a name on it so I kept it :popcorn:

Did you at least look around a bit for someone holding a lacrosse stick?

i have a large collection of golf umbrellas from hawk hollow... people should really consider putting names on them.

Those old umbrellas came in handy at the golden horseshoe this past year. Thanks to all who dont put their name on them.

Id never use anything Id find, like sunscreen,bug off etc. Id be too worried somone tampered with it.
Ever since the Big Tylenol scare, I wont even try samples at the grocery store.
I did find a baseball once,I kept it. No name.

I found a bright orange Innova microfiber towel and a regular white dish towel at a tournament last weekend. When the TD was tallying the scores I asked if anyone lost either one and returned the dish towel to it's owner and the Innova towels is currently clipped to my bag. Score one for me.

I've never found towels on the course, but I've found many a towel at various la quintas, super 8s, and other fleabag hotels.