• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
Also, it does get some awesome skips that often add a good 10-15' on top of my drive.

I'm terrible with OH, so I'm probably not the person to ask, but it seems really hard to control OH.

I have lost some distance OH, but still think of myself as fairly good at it; pretty accurate and they seem to launch, just seem to die out earlier than they used to. Might have to just find out for myself.

Skipping it down the road is plan B.

I have had three grooves all had different flight paths...i dont throw them any more

I personally love my champion 175g groove! I've since reverted back to my old trusty 175g Pro Wraith as my go to when in doubt for holes 300ft+, but the groove is an excellent selection for strong left doglegs (RHBH) or sidearm (RHFH) right doglegs. Yes the dichotomy is still prevalent. I too hate the boss and love the groove. Funny...I thought that was just me!

Last edited:

For me, the groove was a meathook and flied similar to the destroyer.

I've since renamed it as "Disc-tease".

Everyone buys it because they acknowledge their noodle arm and are afraid of the Boss. It's a tease, because you hope, wish and want... but in the end, it's just another disc.

In reality, the groove requires the same SNAP as the boss, but can handle less power. In essence, if you cant throw the boss (due to snap) you still cant throw the groove.

most people i know mothball it after a few tries and take the plunge. They buy the boss....

If you are noodle arm, get a Pro Boss in slightly less weight (or same) than your Wraith and spend some time beating it in. It starts out more understable than the rest and beats into a longer wraith quite quickly.
(Having said that, you will lose some control and it may never truly replace the easily controlled/thrown wraith.)

The groove just never felt comfortable in my hand for whatever reason, and if you can't get a comfortable grip you won't have consistent or good throws.

the first groove i had was a meathook, but then again i don't think i had the arm for it then. i just recently got another one from a friend and i love thus far (rhbh). flies pretty far, on decently straight lines, less fade than the star boss i had.

Just looked at a thread on DGR. Not good things, but it makes me want to try it more as to either be like "Take that status quoe!" or humbly join in on the belly aching of a wasted disc purchase.

Its funny, cause I am not at all concerned with wasting money, but rather more concerned with not pulling the trigger on a different disc.

Try it out, it's amazing fh....

I feel like the Official DGCR.com Groove Cheerleader. I need to get some digital pom poms and a cheerleader skirt to show of my cute legs.:gross:

Try it out, it's amazing fh....

I feel like the Official DGCR.com Groove Cheerleader. I need to get some digital pom poms and a cheerleader skirt to show of my cute legs.:gross:

If I give it a fair chance, will you agree to stick with regular pants and skip the skirt? :gross:

I actually had a lot of luck with it when i had one, like it has been said everyone thought they could throw it because of the understability but you still needed the arm speed to make it do what everyone thought it should do. the only thing i didnt like about it was someone stole mine from my bag

I didn't like my first one because I didn't have the ability to throw it. I have another one now, but honestly don't throw it any further than my other discs. I'm sure when my technique gets better I'll be able to throw it further than my speed 9 or 10's, like it should be.

I think most people just buy it because it's speed 13, and most people can't throw speed 13's. They just don't realize it and blame the disc. That was my problem at first.

Thats why I dont intend to throw it backhand, at least not right away. FH, it seems you can get away with a lot faster of a disc so we will see how that works, and if nothing else, I think it would at least be good for overhand, especailly going off peoples descriptions of it over the rating.

Jukeshoe:
cheerleader-animated.gif

Looking at the other thread on worse discs ever bought, I am kinda suprised by the Groove hate. Havent tried one but now, its like a bad wreck and I just cant stop watching.

Who likes the Groove?

For those who hate it, what ways have you tried to throw them? I think one might make a good thumber disc.

I have a first-run groove and max weight at that. It's super fast and understable, unlike most seem to say. You can't get it to go under unless you have the arm for it. I would say that it is not as understable as everyone would have hope, but it is once you've beat it up some. The katans the same way...not super under unless you have the arm for it...don't think I can say that enough (not to sound like some expert or something, just know from experience)

Latest posts