• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
Inconsistant flight. That was my problem with it. I don't care for the ultra wide rimmed drivers either. ie - boss, groove, katana.

inconsistency

Sorry to thread jack...but since its along the same lines - Is this why i'm not seeing alot of peeps throwing the SL? I feel like i have enough to get it up to speed but i never know what kinda flight path i'm going to get.

And just so I'm not completely mooching of your thread: from what i could tell after trowing the groove ten or so times i threw it was that is was way to big for my arm.I tried fliping it a couple of times but to no avail. IMO, if its not to big for yours, you should check a reliable source who has a canon such as yours although, 99% of what i have heard has been negative - that right there has to be reliable enough.

For the same reason we hate the Monarch...Maybe... Just me. Its the groove in the Groove that creates an inconsistent flight. Or at least that is my guess.

i have a couple grooves my brother throws one, and he likes it. the other one he completely hates so if he lost the one he likes he would not have a back up.

Very different rim than most discs is why most don't like it.

If you like it throw it.

Please close thread

alright thank you, I never planned on throwing it, as i can only throw about 300 on a good throw and it is a speed 13 disc. One more question though, did they put the groove in for a reason? or is it just there because they thought it would look cool or something?

One more question though, did they put the groove in for a reason? or is it just there because they thought it would look cool or something?
Their website says that they can make it in lower weights because they're taking some of the plastic out....pretty sure that's what I read.

It was supposed to be a more accessible boss for weaker arms. That's not how it turned out.

It was supposed to be like how the monarch is to the wraith.

I threw a Groove a couple times and I didn't see what was so horrible about it. Flew pretty straight with less effort than a Destroyer. I'm not big on distance drivers though.

yeah, that seems pretty dumb as weaker arms (such as myself) probably shouldn't be throwing a speed 13 driver

There are a total of 5 people in the world that seem to realize that. :D

Most people I see begin DG with a high speed distance driver.

I had a "good one" that I like to forehand, but a star Boss was just as far and more accurate... no need for the Groove...

p.s. - I had a couple of them that were so inconsistent they never made it off the of the practice field... If you can't trust the disc, you won't put it in the "weekend bag".