• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FYI: Bowling Green Amateur Championships

Yeah some of the par 4s at Tech aren't really 4s in my opinion. Holes 3, 10, 14, 17 are really just difficult par threes. Hole 3 shouldn't be a 4 because its wide open! I've never seen a wide open 440 foot par 4, its just ridiculous. There's nothing special about holes 10, 14, 17 to make them par fours. Just don't hit any trees in the fairway and its an easy three. Hole 15 use to be more difficult when the fence was in play because no one wanted to get caught on the other side of it. Hole 2 and 9 are the only two legit par 4s out there to me.

Glad ya'll enjoyed BG Technical College. I set me pars on what the above average amateur player should shoot considering getting to the hole and two putts. True, most of us do not consider taking two putts, but it happens. The average score in the event last weekend was 66.9, the advanced average was 63.8.

Leaving Wednesday after work, staying overnight near Cincy, playing Idlewild Thursday morning and then heading to Bowling Green!

That plan is amazing Jeff... Idlewild is like no other disc golf course I've seen (in my meager 88 courses)... It's still got the #1 spot for me...

I am officially getting a vendor table for the Flymart...

Come see FatbackBob for:

Ching Rocs (in abundance)
First Run Buzzzes and a few WASP rimmed pearlies I'll part with
a 1999 Bowling Green Open Ching stamped Small Bead Aviar
CFR Fundraiser Glow Champ discs for the Memphis Dogwood (help us raise $$)
Some fundraiser discs for my high school disc golf team
And much more...

Fatbackbob - I will definitely stop by your table and pick up a fundraiser disc. What signage will you have at your spot?

Our plan is to leave very early Thursday morning, get a round in at the new course (BGTC), then head to Keriakes for the c-tier, and finish the day playing in the c-tier at Hobson.

A reasonable warm-up before the actual three-day tournament, don't you think?

Less than a week to go!!!

I won't be leaving michigan until after work on thursday so not getting there til late thurs night. I'm a bit bummed about missing the pre-festivities and a chance to practice, but super excited about being able to make it there at all. Just being able to play in temps above freezing will be nice with the weather we've had here lately.

Jeff, I'm hoping to play Idewild also, but it will have to be on the way home for me.

I like the sound of the community college. Heading down thursday hopefully will get through the college and Hobson as I have never played them. I just cant wait for the time off of work dgvacay hell yeah. My players pack will also be for sale once recieved.
Big Bob I have the following monday off work if you were gonna play Idle then I would be glad to join you.

Is there still room to register? If so can someone send me a link? The bluegrass disc golf site seems to be down, if that's where the reg is.

Anyone want to meet up in the afternoon to play the Hobson XC-tier? I was looking to squeeze it in after work (~4PM). Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

I am ITCHING for the pools to get posted. We have a full crew of Memphis folks attending the event. A few of us (like me) were last minute decisions...

Can't freaking wait. I have a four day work week and then I'm headed EAST!!

I, in the other hand, won't make it to BG until Friday morning... I'll be spending that morning on this new Technical wooded course. Everything I've heard has me both intrigued and concerned... :)

POOL ASSIGNMENTS ANY MINUTE!!!

DGCR meet-up anytime? I'll be the guy with all the sweet disc dyes and BAMA gear, if you see me come say hello!

No word on pools. I thought it was this morning.

No worries of course. I can only imagine how much work goes into an event this large. I'm just curious if my riding partners will be in my pool or not...

~*~

I am wondering this as well. As far as meeting people from here I'm all game for it, should be fun. Hopefully you all will be at the players party.

No word on pools. I thought it was this morning.

No worries of course. I can only imagine how much work goes into an event this large. I'm just curious if my riding partners will be in my pool or not...

~*~