• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Blaze

G-MIL

Birdie Member
Disc Golf Center says the Gateway Blaze has very similar flight pattern and speed as an Eagle. Does anyone know if this is true?

Blaze

Yeah man, if you're wanting a pretty good flight pattern and characteristcis explanation of the blaze, go to innovadiscs.com and look up the stats for the whippet. The blaze is nothing like an eagle. I have a champ whippet x and buddy has a blaze...they fly pretty much the same.

like threeputt said, the blaze is like a Whippet, maybe just a tad less stable. it is a great mid though and can be used as a fairway if you have a strong arm

I love my blaze...thanks Spammy Spamminstein for bringing this thread up so I can say...I love my blaze.

I too love my blaze, use it more as a fairway driver rather than a mid though. Nice straight line, then predictible fade at the end.

LOL Its funny because I should have a Blaze arriving at my door today. Along with a Whippet so I can compare. Flight chart ratings make the Blaze look more like a slow pred while the Whippet looks more like a slow Flick so Im about to find out.

I too love my blaze, use it more as a fairway driver rather than a mid though. Nice straight line, then predictible fade at the end.

Yeah it is more driver than mid...I use mine for long ups where a driver would be too much.

IMO the Blaze is most like a Drone in flight characteristics and rim shape. Although the Blaze does not quite have as intense of a fade as a Drone.

Disc Golf Center says the Gateway Blaze has very similar flight pattern and speed as an Eagle. Does anyone know if this is true?

blaze = whippet

no other comparison. feels the same flies the same looks the same really domey...need i say more?

go with the whippet though.

I got the Whippet and the Blaze and the Whipped seems domier and did a couple of test throws, underpowered but the Whippet faded noticeably harder and earlier than the Blaze. Grant it, it was an underpowered throw so I will have to wait til this weekend to see the difference.

blaze is definitely more workable, has more glide. i dont throw them anymore but the one I had was in the old E proline plastic and was $$$.

Now I need to put my Blaze back in my bag for a trial period. I only threw it twice...both times forehand for a shorter flick shot and I really didn't like the feel of the rim forehand. I will try some things with it backhand and see how it goes.

blaze is definitely more workable, has more glide. i dont throw them anymore but the one I had was in the old E proline plastic and was $$$.
Those old E Proline ones were noticeably less HSS than the S or newer E Blazes. I agree that they were pretty workable. Beat S Blazes are pretty awesome, too.

Latest posts