• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Blaze

Hay u gaiz

How do those suregrip blazes season?

Curious to see if I could rock an e blaze bookend along with a cycle of suregrip to replace my gazelles. What say the hivemind?

Hay u gaiz

How do those suregrip blazes season?

Curious to see if I could rock an e blaze bookend along with a cycle of suregrip to replace my gazelles. What say the hivemind?

They take a bit to break in, but once they do they're pretty good. Justin Bunnell used to carry a couple of S-Blazes in different stages of wear to cover over and understable duties. So it's definitely possible. If I were trying to replace a Gazelle, I'd look more at the Sabre.

My recollection is that while S Blazes do season well, they aren't particularly long. It's kind of like the Sabre where they'll need more height to go as far as something like a Gazelle. Cycling Blazes isn't a bad idea at all, but unless you're a higher power player you'll probably need to supplement them with something a bit longer like a Teebird/Eagle type disc. It's worth trying out for sure, though.

This may be aging me a bit here, but is the Blaze what I used to bag, known as the G6i? a G5i Demon that was (I heard) dunked in water to cool faster and make it slightly less OS?

This may be aging me a bit here, but is the Blaze what I used to bag, known as the G6i? a G5i Demon that was (I heard) dunked in water to cool faster and make it slightly less OS?

Nope. the Blaze was the G3i if I remember correctly. The G5i was the original demon mold and the G6i was the quick cooled version of the G5i. The quick cool created a flatter wing and a less overstable version of the demon.

Nope. the Blaze was the G3i if I remember correctly. The G5i was the original demon mold and the G6i was the quick cooled version of the G5i. The quick cool created a flatter wing and a less overstable version of the demon.

Thanks, it's hard to remember after so long.

Grabbed some of the HD Blazes from Gateway and got the chance to play a couple of rounds before they closed the courses. I must say these are beefy. Not glideless brick beefy but when they want to go down they fade hard.

Currently bagging them with Teebirds, Sabres and F3s. They're the overstable disc I was looking for. I find they're a little shorter than a new Star Eagle and fade about as hard. They don't skip too much. The HD plastic is super comfortable. (Diamond has become my favorite plastic) HD is a little soft on the flight plate, close to DX, but firm enough on the edge.

I think my farthest throw was around 325' though I forgot to measure. It was a longer hole on my course that I'm guesstimating from google maps around where I landed to around where the disc ended up.

Either way, awesome plastic from Gateway. Might try the Diamond Diablo next but I have too many Thunderbirds and Teebirds right now to justify buying more discs. But if they cloned the Teebird in Diamond I'd snatch up as much as I could from the sale of (most of) my current Teebird stash.

Anyone still rocking the Blaze? Just picked up a Diamond 175g and a Hyper Diamond 172g and, just like the HD Demon and old rubbery DX Whippet-X I just picked up, and Fuzion Verdict I just started throwing finally, they feel fantastic. So gummy. Wutamigonnadooooo?

I've been throwing the Blaze for years. I used to search out "fx" Blazes because they were more overstable but now I just buy hyper diamond.
I think the HD Blaze is like a good champion Banshee.

Latest posts