• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Gateway vs. Vibram: Which has softer softs?

Hey, Old Bassman! Has anyone found my Champ Boss out there at Airy yet? lol LOL

I dibbed that last week from OB on pif-- if you were a premium member maybe you would have gotten it back. . . nice boss indeed.

The wizard is so good, dd copied it with the judge, mvp copied it with the ion, vibram copied it with the ridge... Get the original, not the imitation

SS chalk = putter perfection

The more stiff your putter the more control you can have.
The more floppy your putter the more forgiving it will be in the chains, but less controlled.
So, would you rather have a greater chance of hitting the chains but less chance in sticking in,
or, have less chance of hitting the chains but greater chance of sticking in.
I used to be into the real floppy putters but once I started putting with stiff I found that I had much more control with my putt. If you look at what the majority of pros use they all use stiff.
Yes this is pretty far off topic but I thought it could be usefull.

There isn't a putter more beautiful than this.

uNLma.jpg

Don't worry about softness bunny. It's all about which one feels best in your hand. If you focus on the feeling then you'll have no problems performing.

The more stiff your putter the more control you can have.
The more floppy your putter the more forgiving it will be in the chains, but less controlled.
So, would you rather have a greater chance of hitting the chains but less chance in sticking in,
or, have less chance of hitting the chains but greater chance of sticking in.
I used to be into the real floppy putters but once I started putting with stiff I found that I had much more control with my putt. If you look at what the majority of pros use they all use stiff.
Yes this is pretty far off topic but I thought it could be usefull.

Softs are great for any basket on a hill or near a drop off. They stick and rarely roll away. Knowing I can putt without worry of a roll away is well worth it to carry a soft putter in my bag.

Probably the best reason for soft Vibram "rubber" over soft plastic is that the soft rubbers will still be fairly pliable in the winter season. Try it with your soft plastics...most softs become bricks. Call me biased but Michigan weeds out the junk in February.

The wizard is so good, dd copied it with the judge, mvp copied it with the ion, vibram copied it with the ridge... Get the original, not the imitation

SS chalk = putter perfection

Wrong. The Judge is a beaded Pure AND a superior putter.

deal with it. :cool:

Latest posts