• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting back in to the game

techn9cian4life

Double Eagle Member
I've spent about a year or so away from the game but I'm slowly getting back in to it. I've decided to go with all Trilogy plastic. I don't really have a reason for it, I just am. Lol. This is currently what I have in my bag. I should mention my arm speed kind of sucks, so I tend to not go any faster than Fairway drivers. Pretty sure I know what holes I have in my bag, but feel free to give me opinions/suggestions.

Putting putter- Classic Blend Judge
Approach shots- Lucid Judge
Overstable approach- VIP Harp
Stable Midrange- Opto Claymore
Overstable Midrange- Lucid Justice
Understable driver- Tournament Underworld
Stable driver- Opto Maul
Slightly more stable driver- Opto Explorer
Overstable driver- Lucid Felon

Also have a couple randoms that I'm not sure if they have a place in the bag, but have kept them in there any way.

Opto Pure- It's pretty old, I've had it for a while. It used to be my stable approach shot disc, but it's decently beat in so it tends to turn a lot with not much fade back. I guess I could use it for anny approach shots if I ever needed to.
Lucid Verdict- Originally bought it to be my overstable mid, but I liked the Justice more.
Frost Explorer- Literally just got it a couple days ago, haven't had a chance to throw it. Like the way the plastic feels. So we'll see how that one goes.

So again, let me know what you think. Honestly it seems like I'm just missing an understable mid range. Back in the day I used to throw a Tursas, I don't know if those still exist.

I'm not familiar with the Claymore but I love the Westside Bard for the overstable mid slot.

Beyond that, I've thrown most everything else you are bagging. If you end up wanting faster discs then I would suggest the Trespass or the Bolt.

I don't have a big arm but find the Trespass in lighter weights works nicely for me and the Bolt is just an absolute bomber for lower arm speeds if you have good form. Even I won't throw the Bolt in the wind though.

They still make the tursas, which is a good understable mid. I too have not used a claymore but do like the bard. Other than that seems solid to me. Do the maul and Underworld seem pretty similar?

They still make the tursas, which is a good understable mid. I too have not used a claymore but do like the bard. Other than that seems solid to me. Do the maul and Underworld seem pretty similar?

Nah. If I release the Maul on anny it'll still flatten and fade out. If I release the Underworld on anny it holds that line and never comes out of it. I've had the Underworld for like 2 years, it's pretty well beaten in.

I'm not familiar with the Claymore but I love the Westside Bard for the overstable mid slot.

Beyond that, I've thrown most everything else you are bagging. If you end up wanting faster discs then I would suggest the Trespass or the Bolt.

I don't have a big arm but find the Trespass in lighter weights works nicely for me and the Bolt is just an absolute bomber for lower arm speeds if you have good form. Even I won't throw the Bolt in the wind though.

I'll look into those. I used to throw the River alot. I liked it.

I'll look into those. I used to throw the River alot. I liked it.

I used to throw the river too. I switched to Mavericks when they came out. Super nice disc and doesn't get as squirrelly on me as the river did occasionally.

Just a random question someone might feel like answering. Why doesn't Trilogy make mids in base line plastic? What makes me keep pondering going back to Innova is that they have Rocs in so many different styles. Back in the day I had some beefy Champ Roc3's for overstable, a nicely beat in Glow Roc for stable, and a beat to hell DX Roc for understable. Unless Trilogy does and I just don't see them any where Lol

Because they want to be a "premium brand" I suppose. Biofuzion does beat in relatively quickly though. Not DX quick, but faster than their other plastics.

Edit: From a very limited search, the Anchor and Compass come in baseline. I'm sure the truth does, and probably other popular mids.

Last edited:
Because they want to be a "premium brand" I suppose. Biofuzion does beat in relatively quickly though. Not DX quick, but faster than their other plastics.

Edit: From a very limited search, the Anchor and Compass come in baseline. I'm sure the truth does, and probably other popular mids.

I'll look into this, thanks man.

Just a random question someone might feel like answering. Why doesn't Trilogy make mids in base line plastic? What makes me keep pondering going back to Innova is that they have Rocs in so many different styles. Back in the day I had some beefy Champ Roc3's for overstable, a nicely beat in Glow Roc for stable, and a beat to hell DX Roc for understable. Unless Trilogy does and I just don't see them any where Lol

They sure do!

Retro, Prime and whatever Westside's base plastic is.

Prime Emac truths beat in extremely fast and become extremely straight, love them.

Was passing by PIAS this morning and decided to stop in. Found a bio fusion Trespass weighted at 172g, slightly beat. Gonna go to the soccer field by my house and throw for about an hour. It was only $7, so if I like it it's a win if not it was only $7.

Since posting this I've tweaked it a little bit because I've spent a solid 5 hours over the last couple days throwing in a field, getting the feel for these discs again. I purchased a used Biofuzion Trespass from PIAS based off a recommendation, and glad I did. Also, I have a couple Truths coming in the mail. One regular Lucid Truth, and a Lucid Emac Truth. They may end up replacing the understable/stable combo I have right now. We'll see. This bag may be different in a week. And someone should have yelled at me for not posting some "vitals" Lol So here's kind of an update.

Vitals:
29 years old, been playing for 9 years but took a year or so break.
I have a heavy background in baseball. Was a pitcher through Little League, high school, and a couple seasons in college.
I throw LHBH. Used to have a decent LHFH but not even going to attempt to relearn that right now.
On a good day I can throw 340'-350' but consistently I'm in the 300'-320' range. (According to Udisc any way Lol)

My bag: DD Soldier bag with the DD straps.

Putting putter- Classic Blend Judge 174g
Understable approach putter: Opto Pure 175g (Beat to hell)
Stable Approach/Throwing putter- Lucid Judge 175g
Overstable approach- VIP Harp 175g
Understable Midrange- Opto Claymore 177g
Stable Midrange- Lucid Verdict 176g
Overstable Midrange- Lucid Justice 180g
Understable Fairway driver- Tournament Underworld 167g
Stable Fairway driver- Opto Maul 171g
Slightly more stable Fairway driver- Opto Explorer 172g
Overstable Fairway driver- Lucid Felon 172g
Stable driver- Biofuzion Trespass 172g

I could rock that bag if I threw Trilogy...I'd just pick between the Harp and Justice. Do you get different enough flights to have both?

I could rock that bag if I threw Trilogy...I'd just pick between the Harp and Justice. Do you get different enough flights to have both?

Never really thought about this tbh. I don't throw either enough to justify having both in there. I'd probably remove the Justice, considering I have the Lucid Truth/Lucid Emac Truth coming in the mail. What I have plus those two discs should cover all my mid range needs without the Justice.

Latest posts