• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow

What do you use to play Glow?

• Glow discs

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Cheep breakable glow sticks

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Reusable fighing bobber lights

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • My eyes, cause I'm nocturnal

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Magic spells

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slowRoll

Banned
With the days getting shorter and shorter now, it won't be long till our only option to play after 6:00pm will be glow. How do you all go about playing in the dark?

1. I use Glow discs and a flaslight/flash camera
2. I tape one time use glow sticks to your normal plastic
3. I tape reusable fishing bobber lights to your normal plastic
4. I just throw my normal stuff and use a flashlight to find it
5. I point my magic wand at my disc and say Lumos!

Last edited:
poll showed up just fine......Glow discs and I use a Black light LED flashlight......best investment...charges the snot out of the disc and does not ruin your night vision much.

I am quite possibly the dumbest man in the whole wide world. #3 is supposed to say fishing bobber lights... Dumb de dumb dumb dumb...

We play at 5 every Wednesday year round. I have used the boober lights but have come to love the simplicity of the break and throw away variety. The bonnets can be touchy... or lose the battery life earlier than advertised.

Extreme glow. Com has what you need. The best tape to use is clear duct tape

Those tiny light sticks taped to the bottom of a disc works well for me. A full moon out and you are set.

i'm not gonna vote cause i use both glow discs and fishing bobber LEDs

Sorry man, it's my first one of these obviously. I should have given you the option to select more than just 1 option. But I am just cruising through my time at work today till I get to leave for the weekend, so it's all good.

I am quite possibly the dumbest man in the whole wide world. #3 is supposed to say fishing bobber lights... Dumb de dumb dumb dumb...

the funny thing is i read fishing.

Pure glow disc elitist here;)

I'll stoke ur a$$ for detectable thickness;)

you are my god

I use glow and my regular discs I tell everyone to shut up and listen to where it lands

It cracks me up when people get all worried about lighting up their putter. If you break out your putter don't you expect it to end up in the basket?

Right? I never glow my putter either and use it from 150' out. It's good to be accurate. Sunk a huge anny putt in complete darkness that was just surreal once. Love the glow and need to get my hands on some clear duct.

don't play much night disc, but when we do, we get those "break and glow" fishing bobber glow sticks. they're only about 2 in. long. usually clear package tape one on top and one on bottom.

There is a shop in Milwaukee, WI, Mojo Disc Golf. This guy sells these flat, circular l.e.d. lights. I got two of them, one I turned on and left it on. Five days later it was dim but still visible. The other i super glued to a disc I use every day. Not sure what they are called but these things are awesome. Not to mention, with the glue and the light, added only two grams. The bobber lights are some times a pain to turn on and off and with these flat ones, you just push to turn on or push again for pulse and once more for off. I love these things. With a delicate touch you can even replace the battery. So even if it is just a little dark, I turn it on. Watching minnie U.F.O.s crash land into baskets!

Something kinda like this :

flashflight_frisbee_disc.jpg

I went to my first glow tourney last month. I had glow disc, cheap glow sticks, and red light fishing bobber. The red lighs bobbers worked the best.

#1-red light bobber
#2-cheap glow sticks
#3-glow disc

well crap. I really was voting for Reusable Fighting Bobber Lights! Nobody uses those? Chuck Norris Approved for Disc golf and Fishing!

I use option #1. I have a nice 120 lumen pocket sized LED flashlight and plenty of glow Buzz's and Stalkers. If you pick the right course (One without tons of underbrush) it can be really easy to play this way.

Latest posts