• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good shot this morning

Uh, did I miss something? He made the shot. Use the disc you can make the shot with. :doh:

that's why i said 'nice'.

i'm encouraging use of the putter because it's much more consistent and controllable at that distance.

That seemed too far a shot for a putter to me.

most noobs do not trust their putter and i always encourage them to do so. only way to get better at this game.

I agree with both. Always use whichever disc will go in! But you'll find over time that a putter is a great disc to use from that range. Keep up the great shots!

I'll add one. Hole 26 at Flyboy today I shanked my drive and left myself around 100' to the pin with a low ceiling. Took out my putter and lasered it straight at the basket. Unfortunately it actually hit the basket (2 inches too low to go in), but it felt good nonetheless. Drop in par.

Funney,, Iv started using my putter for more than putting this year. have been having good results too.
P.S. Nice shot.

Last edited:
Nice shot! Always fun hitting par from a spot like that. But I also agree with trying to use a putter from that range more often than not. Btw was your line to the right of that little tree? or straight thru the middle?

Last edited:
If you throw side arm there is an easy left hyzer line and a right flex line that will set you up for easy par/birdie. If you throw RHBH, hyzer flip right down the middle.

That is the easy pin position. In the longs it is super challenging.