• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
yeah they are...in the above pic the zipper pocket on the left side of the bag can fit at least two beer bottles in it upright...might be able to fit another one in the side pockets of the Kong though the pockets are just a bit wider on the Evolution series bags.

I put 2 bottles in each of the regular drink spots on my kong. It works out great having 4 bottles per round, plus they fit snug. 8)

I've had a Spider Monkey for over a year, and I really like it. I'm looking for something that will hold a couple more discs and more gear. How much bigger is the side pocket on the Chimp than the Spider? I'd love to be able to fit a light jacket in the pocket.

dankev said:
I've had a Spider Monkey for over a year, and I really like it. I'm looking for something that will hold a couple more discs and more gear. How much bigger is the side pocket on the Chimp than the Spider? I'd love to be able to fit a light jacket in the pocket.

The one side pocket is the same size (drink holder side) the other is much bigger.

I've carried a lightweight fleece and an ultralight windshirt in the side pocket of my chimp at the same time in the past..... well, just recently actually.

Partly Stuffed:
IMG_2859.JPG

More pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/jaysus145/GorillaBoy#

If you are after something specific, I can snap a few pics for you tonight

Jaysus said:
The one side pocket is the same size (drink holder side) the other is much bigger.

I've carried a lightweight fleece and an ultralight windshirt in the side pocket of my chimp at the same time in the past..... well, just recently actually.
Thanks Jaysus. That's exactly what I was hoping to find out. I don't see the umbrella straps, though. Is that no longer a standard feature? It's really important to me, since I live in the NW. It's the only think I think is really missing from my small bag.

Beyond that, I'd love to see someone compile cubic inch data for the bag pockets. Or the manufacturers could list it, like they do with backpacks <cough>. I'm curious how the pocket size on the Chimp compares to the pockets on Revo's Carolina and Deluxe Mini.

No more umbrella straps on the Primate Series :( I would have really liked them....

Check out the Evolution Series for the umbrella straps.

dankev said:
Beyond that, I'd love to see someone compile cubic inch data for the bag pockets. Or the manufacturers could list it, like they do with backpacks <cough>. I'm curious how the pocket size on the Chimp compares to the pockets on Revo's Carolina and Deluxe Mini.

If you read my article I linked to above with the "Bronson scale", I gave rough cubic inch measurements for all the bags I tested. Unfortunately though, I didn't have a Chimp bag to test, so don't have data on that one.

Go getcha your Gorilla Boy T-shirt for the holidays!!!

http://discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10050

I just got my Chimpanzee in the mail today. Really fast. I snapped a few photos. It very comfortably holds 14 in the main compartment, with a lot of those being mids and putters, and 2 in the putter pocket. As Jaysus said, the small pocket is the same size as the pocket on the Spider Monkey. I find it can hold snacks, keys, a fleece hat and a rain hat, with some room to spare. The big pocket is big enough for my gore-tex jacket or fleece pullover. Here are some photos, including the "family" picture with my old Spider Monkey. I plan on keeping both. The Chimp will probably be used most in wet weather, the Spider in dry.

The bag is really nice. Extremely high quality. Thanks Chris.

DSCF2559Small.jpg
DSCF2563Small.jpg
DSCF2560Small.jpg
DSCF2561Small.jpg
DSCF2562Small.jpg

just got my Squirrel Monkey today, and it. is. awesome! even after reading all the posts on this thread i still wasn't prepared for how light it was.

Agreed on the Squirrel Monkey, I got one for Christmas this year and I love it. It took the place of my small Revo bag from a few years ago and took the place of my tourney bag (I was carrying too many discs anyway).

Peace
Scott

Denver Discer said:
Agreed on the Squirrel Monkey, I got one for Christmas this year and I love it. It took the place of my small Revo bag from a few years ago and took the place of my tourney bag (I was carrying too many discs anyway).

Peace
Scott

Which small Revo bag? Was it the Mini? How do the two compare?

Bangrrr Bob said:
Denver Discer said:

Peace
Scott

Gorilla Boy is much better just ask Carpet or Kile.....you know I like mine and you like mine too :D

I have been thinking about downsizing but have decided not to since I dont really need to.

jtkustomizer said:
Bangrrr Bob said:
Denver Discer said:

Peace
Scott

Gorilla Boy is much better just ask Carpet or Kile.....you know I like mine and you like mine too :D

I have been thinking about downsizing but have decided not to since I dont really need to.

I do like your bag, but it is tooooo big. Bet that's the first time you've ever heard that!